**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Happy B-day to my fellow Jamaican, Patrick Chewing
laugh.gif

Didn't get to see most of your youthful career, but the love was still there from my initial days as a basketball & Knick fan.

Happy B-day to my fellow Jamaican, Patrick Chewing
laugh.gif

Didn't get to see most of your youthful career, but the love was still there from my initial days as a basketball & Knick fan.

Why would we want Jared Jeffries back? He was no factor on this team. He's not an impact player.

Why would we want Jared Jeffries back? He was no factor on this team. He's not an impact player.

Haven't been here while but i saw this, idk if its old or not but knicks offer rockets curry to get jared back

[h2]Teams Pursue Jeffries; Knicks Offering Curry Plus Assets[/h2]
Aug 05, 2010 4:05 PM EST

hou_40.gif
Jared Jeffries is drawing the interest of several teams seeking to acquire him from Houston, a source told Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports. This final season of Jeffries' contract pays him $6.9 million.

The Knicks are offering the expiring contract of Eddy Curry plus other assets the team has stockpiled since missing out on LeBron James.

There is speculation that New York will make a push to trade for Carmelo Anthony or Chris Paul before the season begins. The Nuggets and Hornets maintain that they are not interested in trading their respective superstars.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0vm6jPKIZ

Haven't been here while but i saw this, idk if its old or not but knicks offer rockets curry to get jared back

hou_40.gif
Jared Jeffries is drawing the interest of several teams seeking to acquire him from Houston, a source told Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports. This final season of Jeffries' contract pays him $6.9 million.

The Knicks are offering the expiring contract of Eddy Curry plus other assets the team has stockpiled since missing out on LeBron James.

There is speculation that New York will make a push to trade for Carmelo Anthony or Chris Paul before the season begins. The Nuggets and Hornets maintain that they are not interested in trading their respective superstars.

hou_40.gif

hou_40.gif

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

hou_40.gif

That's not true, the headline is misleading and implies that the two are dependent on each other.

Statement 1: Teams are pursuing Jefferies expiring
Statement 2: The Knicks are offering Curry plus assets for possibly a big time FA, maybe Melo or Paul

They're both related because they're news about expiring contracts, but the Knicks are not offering Curry for Jefferies.  Besides the fact that Curry plus assets is more than Jefferies' contract, it also might be the single dumbest thing the FO could do by trading an expiring for an expiring plus young assets. 

And regarding Mason, it won't hurt the team to bring in a vet and he fills a need, but certainly doesn't result in a dozen more wins for the team.  It's a single year so it won't hurt us long term, we don't have a logjam at the 2 so that's not a real problem.  Hopefully Azubuike is healthy, but if not we have some insurance in the position.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

hou_40.gif

That's not true, the headline is misleading and implies that the two are dependent on each other.

Statement 1: Teams are pursuing Jefferies expiring
Statement 2: The Knicks are offering Curry plus assets for possibly a big time FA, maybe Melo or Paul

They're both related because they're news about expiring contracts, but the Knicks are not offering Curry for Jefferies.  Besides the fact that Curry plus assets is more than Jefferies' contract, it also might be the single dumbest thing the FO could do by trading an expiring for an expiring plus young assets. 

And regarding Mason, it won't hurt the team to bring in a vet and he fills a need, but certainly doesn't result in a dozen more wins for the team.  It's a single year so it won't hurt us long term, we don't have a logjam at the 2 so that's not a real problem.  Hopefully Azubuike is healthy, but if not we have some insurance in the position.

Back
Top Bottom