**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

like i said before, yes, but im over it now, you gonna tell me that it wont be fun watching all 3 play together? all i said that he looks like he's having fun. i do NOT support his decision, but i will catch a few heat games to see how this team will do.

nah man fun is the last thing ill have watching them play together
laugh.gif
smh.gif

not a fan of Felton...I hope this isn't official..

I would LOVE for te Knicks to take a chance on Shaun Livingston. His size makes him a great contrast with Douglas, and he probably would not cost nearly as much as Felton

not a fan of Felton...I hope this isn't official..

I would LOVE for te Knicks to take a chance on Shaun Livingston. His size makes him a great contrast with Douglas, and he probably would not cost nearly as much as Felton

Does anyone want to see T-Mac back for the Knicks? I mean we do need a 2 guard, I feel he's going to be much more healthier this upcoming season.

Does anyone want to see T-Mac back for the Knicks? I mean we do need a 2 guard, I feel he's going to be much more healthier this upcoming season.

Originally Posted by Air Nikes

Dude is a ringchaser. He said he wants onto LA or Miami and he'll take the min. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Air Nikes

Dude is a ringchaser. He said he wants onto LA or Miami and he'll take the min. 
eyes.gif

So CP3 and STAT are attending Melo's wedding.. STAT gotta work some magic and convince them heavily to come to the NYK in 2011.

So CP3 and STAT are attending Melo's wedding.. STAT gotta work some magic and convince them heavily to come to the NYK in 2011.

There might be a serious power shift within the next couple seasons if the Knicks & Stat can work some magic.

Hopefully it will be a 8 team race with NY, Orl, Bos (although they might be done), Mia, NJ, Chi, Mil, and Cha looking to become major players.

There might be a serious power shift within the next couple seasons if the Knicks & Stat can work some magic.

Hopefully it will be a 8 team race with NY, Orl, Bos (although they might be done), Mia, NJ, Chi, Mil, and Cha looking to become major players.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Ive never watched much Bobcats ball, but is Raymond Felton really worth that $25M?

Nope. He's a solid PG, but his jumper is broke.

However, he'll do fine in D'Antoni's system. If he starts over Toney he should average 14 and 8, but that's really 12 and 6 on a normal team.

One thing that he does well is take it to the rack, but he has to do that because the jumper is so inconsistent.

Ive never watched much Bobcats ball, but is Raymond Felton really worth that $25M?

Nope. He's a solid PG, but his jumper is broke.

However, he'll do fine in D'Antoni's system. If he starts over Toney he should average 14 and 8, but that's really 12 and 6 on a normal team.

One thing that he does well is take it to the rack, but he has to do that because the jumper is so inconsistent.

Not worth 8.5/year, but what I'm reading now is there's going to be a team option on his 3rd year and it won't be fully guaranteed.  So we could either move him next year and he has an attractive contract, or just not pick it up and probably pay a small buyout. We're overpaying but we're also not committing ourselves 4 to 5 years guaranteed to him.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Felton for 3/25? Why didn't they just sign Morrow for half the price?

Felton's J is trash.

Shame they couldn't keep Nate, he'd be better than all of them given the minutes. Look at the numbers he put up in 2008.

Anthony Morrow is not going to be a team's starting PG, he can shoot, that's about it. Felton shot 38% from 3 last year, and while that was a huge spike in his 3's for his career and he doesn't even shoot that much, there's not much out there at this point that's better. Keep Nate? Give me a break... I love Nate, pound for pound he's a tremendous player, except he's 5'9". No matter how much heart he plays with, he's still too short to be a starting PG in the league.

I'm reposting what I said earlier in case people missed it.

Before you guys really freak out over the Felton deal, do you really think Toney Douglas can run the pick and roll and control this team for 35+ minutes a game as a starter? Toney would have been ideal with LBJ, but we don't have Lebron. Do we really want to try to sign some old vet and bank on getting Tony Parker or immediately feed into the Chris Paul pipedreams? Who we would either have to trade our young players for or pay a lot more than Felton?

Felton isn't an elite level point guard, and he's not a young stud like Rose, no one should expect that. But teams aren't just going to give up CP3 for Curry and Wilson Chandler or any kind of crap package like that, if we want a pipedream of trading for an elite PG, expect to give up Gallo, Randolph, Chandler, Curry's expiring, etc. Just because great trades work in the trade machine doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

It's higher than we want, price you pay for a shorter contract, I'll wait to judge based on how it's structured officially. I think it's a good move, the Lee trade was great and gave us a player with huge potential in Randolph, we brought in a top 3 PF in the game, Gallinari will only get better, considering how bad things COULD have gone for the Knicks this offseason, let's be realistic at what we do have. Hopefully we're done making moves and Felton hasn't ruined our cap space for the future, Curry expires, a lot of things can happen.

Felton is a high character guy, he's not a nutcase or me first type player, he is the kind of player we want on this new team. He played in one of the slowest paced team's in the league, he should do very well in this system.

Not worth 8.5/year, but what I'm reading now is there's going to be a team option on his 3rd year and it won't be fully guaranteed.  So we could either move him next year and he has an attractive contract, or just not pick it up and probably pay a small buyout. We're overpaying but we're also not committing ourselves 4 to 5 years guaranteed to him.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Felton for 3/25? Why didn't they just sign Morrow for half the price?

Felton's J is trash.

Shame they couldn't keep Nate, he'd be better than all of them given the minutes. Look at the numbers he put up in 2008.

Anthony Morrow is not going to be a team's starting PG, he can shoot, that's about it. Felton shot 38% from 3 last year, and while that was a huge spike in his 3's for his career and he doesn't even shoot that much, there's not much out there at this point that's better. Keep Nate? Give me a break... I love Nate, pound for pound he's a tremendous player, except he's 5'9". No matter how much heart he plays with, he's still too short to be a starting PG in the league.

I'm reposting what I said earlier in case people missed it.

Before you guys really freak out over the Felton deal, do you really think Toney Douglas can run the pick and roll and control this team for 35+ minutes a game as a starter? Toney would have been ideal with LBJ, but we don't have Lebron. Do we really want to try to sign some old vet and bank on getting Tony Parker or immediately feed into the Chris Paul pipedreams? Who we would either have to trade our young players for or pay a lot more than Felton?

Felton isn't an elite level point guard, and he's not a young stud like Rose, no one should expect that. But teams aren't just going to give up CP3 for Curry and Wilson Chandler or any kind of crap package like that, if we want a pipedream of trading for an elite PG, expect to give up Gallo, Randolph, Chandler, Curry's expiring, etc. Just because great trades work in the trade machine doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

It's higher than we want, price you pay for a shorter contract, I'll wait to judge based on how it's structured officially. I think it's a good move, the Lee trade was great and gave us a player with huge potential in Randolph, we brought in a top 3 PF in the game, Gallinari will only get better, considering how bad things COULD have gone for the Knicks this offseason, let's be realistic at what we do have. Hopefully we're done making moves and Felton hasn't ruined our cap space for the future, Curry expires, a lot of things can happen.

Felton is a high character guy, he's not a nutcase or me first type player, he is the kind of player we want on this new team. He played in one of the slowest paced team's in the league, he should do very well in this system.

I'm not expecting a lot of these current Knicks to remain Knicks before the season starts or past the trade deadline or before '11-'12 season. Especially after how we didn't get LeBron. Donnie should be motivated to make more moves gain more pieces to get higher quality players.

I'm not expecting a lot of these current Knicks to remain Knicks before the season starts or past the trade deadline or before '11-'12 season. Especially after how we didn't get LeBron. Donnie should be motivated to make more moves gain more pieces to get higher quality players.

Felton should not be a starting PG imo.

undersized
very little lateral quickness...he made Nelson look like a legitimate all star
can't shoot

the system may help but to a certain extent but his lack of a jump shot will limit the pick and roll

Felton should not be a starting PG imo.

undersized
very little lateral quickness...he made Nelson look like a legitimate all star
can't shoot

the system may help but to a certain extent but his lack of a jump shot will limit the pick and roll

Back
Top Bottom