**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

youngin33 wrote:
I don't mind Felton for now, but he is obviously not the long term fix for playing point at the Garden.

D'antoni system is very similar to the UNC system that Felton is familiar with, he'll also get more shots than he did with the Bobcats. Larry Brown doesn't believe point guards should be scorers, Dantoni obviously doesn't feel the same way.

They overpaid to hopefully get a better deal, originally they talked about a 4 year 28 million dollar offer, now it looks like 25 million for 3 years without a guarantee for the 3rd year... I'm fine with that.

BangDak, what PG do you want that people expect to be tradeable? I think Parker would be a good fit here but not only do I doubt San Antonio trading him, we'd be forced to give up some of our young players in return. There are a lot of young, talented guards, but how many will possibly get traded this coming season?

They overpaid to hopefully get a better deal, originally they talked about a 4 year 28 million dollar offer, now it looks like 25 million for 3 years without a guarantee for the 3rd year... I'm fine with that.

BangDak, what PG do you want that people expect to be tradeable? I think Parker would be a good fit here but not only do I doubt San Antonio trading him, we'd be forced to give up some of our young players in return. There are a lot of young, talented guards, but how many will possibly get traded this coming season?

Have anyone spit on the Rucker floor yet?

edit--

[h1]LeBron Mural Disappears [/h1]
NY-AI414_sprtco_F_20100708185959.jpg

[img]http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/NY-AI415_sprtco_D_20100708190112.jpg[/img]

Originally Posted by BangDak

I would have waited until the trade deadline to try and pry away a better point guard from someone else.
The whole reason I think Donnie is signing guys is so he can trade them before the deadline. You don't literally pry players from their team and before these signings and trades the Knicks did not have the quality of players they do now to say to Denver, San Antonio, NO, etc. how about these guys for _____.

Donnie is still building I doubt he's thinking we're going deep in the playoffs with this team. D'antoni is probably at one point gonna let a lot of them play so they can showcase their skills to other teams.

Originally Posted by BangDak

I would have waited until the trade deadline to try and pry away a better point guard from someone else.
The whole reason I think Donnie is signing guys is so he can trade them before the deadline. You don't literally pry players from their team and before these signings and trades the Knicks did not have the quality of players they do now to say to Denver, San Antonio, NO, etc. how about these guys for _____.

Donnie is still building I doubt he's thinking we're going deep in the playoffs with this team. D'antoni is probably at one point gonna let a lot of them play so they can showcase their skills to other teams.

I want MIA in the Playoff

If they get 1st place....I want 8th, 2nd i want 7th place. 3rd.....I wanna be 6th place!!

I don't care if we lost.. that would be crack

I want MIA in the Playoff

If they get 1st place....I want 8th, 2nd i want 7th place. 3rd.....I wanna be 6th place!!

I don't care if we lost.. that would be crack

I think many of you are downplaying felton. Let me not over hype him, but he's only what 25 years old? This guy is still gonna get better. He played good/OK on probably the worst offensive team in the league. Houston will help him work on his jumper just like he did with david lee. I dunno I have high hopes for felton, and despite his past years i think he will improve ALOT (16-
glasses.gif

I think many of you are downplaying felton. Let me not over hype him, but he's only what 25 years old? This guy is still gonna get better. He played good/OK on probably the worst offensive team in the league. Houston will help him work on his jumper just like he did with david lee. I dunno I have high hopes for felton, and despite his past years i think he will improve ALOT (16-
glasses.gif

i like felton, i like where the knicks are going hopfully we can make a run at the free agents next season

i like felton, i like where the knicks are going hopfully we can make a run at the free agents next season

Felton is going to surprise a lot of y'all. He's going to flourish in this system, especially since it's much easier to learn under D'antoni than Larry Brown.

Felton is going to surprise a lot of y'all. He's going to flourish in this system, especially since it's much easier to learn under D'antoni than Larry Brown.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

This is probably less about Amare, and more about Gallo and Wilson. I don't understand why people continue to think these two guys are scrubs.

Cuz no one but Knick fans watch Knick games...

And I would want T-Mac back but its wateva if he wanna chase a ring..

We still got alot of young talent at his position (SG, SF) that can use the mins anyway ( Chandler, Gallo, Walker, Azubuike)

And Walsh set Feltons contract almost perfectly when CP3 is available
That's a pretty good point. We get spoiled by MSG, because it makes it easy to forget, we only had maybe 3 national games last season and we lost all of them.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

This is probably less about Amare, and more about Gallo and Wilson. I don't understand why people continue to think these two guys are scrubs.

Cuz no one but Knick fans watch Knick games...

And I would want T-Mac back but its wateva if he wanna chase a ring..

We still got alot of young talent at his position (SG, SF) that can use the mins anyway ( Chandler, Gallo, Walker, Azubuike)

And Walsh set Feltons contract almost perfectly when CP3 is available
That's a pretty good point. We get spoiled by MSG, because it makes it easy to forget, we only had maybe 3 national games last season and we lost all of them.

Back
Top Bottom