**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Damn it's looking bad for you guys. 

I'm a bulls fan but I'm pulling hard for you guys.  No team deserves to be done by Lebron the way he did y'all. 

Raymond Felton, Amare Gallo Chandler as your four best players isn't gunna cut it though. 

Maybe you guys should just stop spending on whatever's left of this fa crop and go for trades or wait next summer for Melo. 

Damn it's looking bad for you guys. 

I'm a bulls fan but I'm pulling hard for you guys.  No team deserves to be done by Lebron the way he did y'all. 

Raymond Felton, Amare Gallo Chandler as your four best players isn't gunna cut it though. 

Maybe you guys should just stop spending on whatever's left of this fa crop and go for trades or wait next summer for Melo. 

I actually like Felton. 
Raymond Felton, Amare Gallo Chandler as your four best players isn't gunna cut it though

Why not?

Making it sound as if these dudes can't ball.  Take a look around the league and tell me this squad with Amare isnt better.

I actually like Felton. 
Raymond Felton, Amare Gallo Chandler as your four best players isn't gunna cut it though

Why not?

Making it sound as if these dudes can't ball.  Take a look around the league and tell me this squad with Amare isnt better.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Air Nikes

Does anyone want to see T-Mac back for the Knicks? I mean we do need a 2 guard, I feel he's going to be much more healthier this upcoming season.
Dude is a ringchaser. He said he wants onto LA or Miami and he'll take the min. 
eyes.gif
yeah, on twitter he said that the laker nation is "gunning hard" for him...but he hasn't had talks with the front office yet tho. he shouted out the knicks but he's probably going to the lakers.

off topic but i think fisher goes to the heat.

Does anyone want to see T-Mac back for the Knicks? I mean we do need a 2 guard, I feel he's going to be much more healthier this upcoming season.
eyes.gif
yeah, on twitter he said that the laker nation is "gunning hard" for him...but he hasn't had talks with the front office yet tho. he shouted out the knicks but he's probably going to the lakers.

lol i updated my 2k10 game with all the latest free agency signs and trade, and i got my knicks roster currently what is now, so the game starts off your roster according to the best players the game thinks so heres how the game started for me

Felton
azubuike
chandler
stoudemire
turiaf

so thats the lineup 2k10 made for me but i did a quick switch, i put stoudemire at center and put randolph at pf, and i must say it's working well for, im facing the heat with of course lebron and bosh on the team, and randolph surprised me, with him, 14 pts, 5 rebounds, 6 blocks, i know its just a video game but he's actually good in the game, im winning btw 57-52...james got 31 pts
alien.gif
, bosh 5 pts with 6 rebounds, wade 15 pts 3 steals

lol i updated my 2k10 game with all the latest free agency signs and trade, and i got my knicks roster currently what is now, so the game starts off your roster according to the best players the game thinks so heres how the game started for me

Felton
azubuike
chandler
stoudemire
turiaf

so thats the lineup 2k10 made for me but i did a quick switch, i put stoudemire at center and put randolph at pf, and i must say it's working well for, im facing the heat with of course lebron and bosh on the team, and randolph surprised me, with him, 14 pts, 5 rebounds, 6 blocks, i know its just a video game but he's actually good in the game, im winning btw 57-52...james got 31 pts
alien.gif
, bosh 5 pts with 6 rebounds, wade 15 pts 3 steals

I don't mind Felton for now, but he is obviously not the long term fix for playing point at the Garden.

I don't mind Felton for now, but he is obviously not the long term fix for playing point at the Garden.

Originally Posted by debs 168

eyes.gif

I agree. Heat need Fisher more than the Lakers do, because Riley's the only one with Finals experience. DWade doesn't count. The 06 Finals were the most boring small, obscure market loaded playoffs last decade. They gave dude Jordan status, because they figured at least a Shaq/Zo team is less boring than the Mavs. For real though, I remember watching Game 5 on Classic last year and it made Spurs Pistons look like Lakers Celtics. 

Originally Posted by debs 168

eyes.gif

I agree. Heat need Fisher more than the Lakers do, because Riley's the only one with Finals experience. DWade doesn't count. The 06 Finals were the most boring small, obscure market loaded playoffs last decade. They gave dude Jordan status, because they figured at least a Shaq/Zo team is less boring than the Mavs. For real though, I remember watching Game 5 on Classic last year and it made Spurs Pistons look like Lakers Celtics. 

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I actually like Felton. 

Why not?

This is probably less about Amare, and more about Gallo and Wilson. I don't understand why people continue to think these two guys are scrubs.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I actually like Felton. 

Why not?

This is probably less about Amare, and more about Gallo and Wilson. I don't understand why people continue to think these two guys are scrubs.

Can't hate on T-Mac...at this stage in his career, he wants to contribute to a championship team. He's no longer the centerpiece and he knows that. Fact is, nobody will care if he rides along for a ring because it won't really "count".

I was never big on Felton even a few years back when there were rumors of a trade...not sure what to think of the signing except that we have a legit PG I guess. We're definitely an improved team but .500 at best.

2010 was the summer of the superstar, but 2011 is going to be the summer of the role-player - which IMO is just as important. If the Knicks want to compete, we need star players and those who offer all-around intangibles...the Kendrick Perkins, Tayshaun Prince, and Shane Battier variety.

Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise that we couldn't spend all our money this season. Still excited to see Amare in the Knicks uni. This is just the first step to rebuilding and we can't expect to be contenders after barely winning 30 games the season prior.

Can't hate on T-Mac...at this stage in his career, he wants to contribute to a championship team. He's no longer the centerpiece and he knows that. Fact is, nobody will care if he rides along for a ring because it won't really "count".

I was never big on Felton even a few years back when there were rumors of a trade...not sure what to think of the signing except that we have a legit PG I guess. We're definitely an improved team but .500 at best.

2010 was the summer of the superstar, but 2011 is going to be the summer of the role-player - which IMO is just as important. If the Knicks want to compete, we need star players and those who offer all-around intangibles...the Kendrick Perkins, Tayshaun Prince, and Shane Battier variety.

Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise that we couldn't spend all our money this season. Still excited to see Amare in the Knicks uni. This is just the first step to rebuilding and we can't expect to be contenders after barely winning 30 games the season prior.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Cuz no one but Knick fans watch Knick games...

And I would want T-Mac back but its wateva if he wanna chase a ring..

We still got alot of young talent at his position (SG, SF) that can use the mins anyway ( Chandler, Gallo, Walker, Azubuike)

And Walsh set Feltons contract almost perfectly when CP3 is available

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Cuz no one but Knick fans watch Knick games...

And I would want T-Mac back but its wateva if he wanna chase a ring..

We still got alot of young talent at his position (SG, SF) that can use the mins anyway ( Chandler, Gallo, Walker, Azubuike)

And Walsh set Feltons contract almost perfectly when CP3 is available

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Before you guys really freak out over the Felton deal, do you really think Toney Douglas can run the pick and roll and control this team for 35+ minutes a game as a starter? 
I;m not really high on Toney anyways, don't get the hype.

But Felton is wayyy overpaid, we basically outbid ourselves and just threw that chunk of $$$ at him for no reason.

Before you guys really freak out over the Felton deal, do you really think Toney Douglas can run the pick and roll and control this team for 35+ minutes a game as a starter? 

But Felton is wayyy overpaid, we basically outbid ourselves and just threw that chunk of $$$ at him for no reason.

I would have waited until the trade deadline to try and pry away a better point guard from someone else.

I would have waited until the trade deadline to try and pry away a better point guard from someone else.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

We probably outbid ourselves cuz that's a 3 year contract and i hear the last year is a TO, and a low buyout.. That can be huge in a sign and trade..

The team can Cut him, BO, or keep him as an expiring.. I'm speaking about if CP3 or Deron wants to be a Knick..

Who knows if we're done before the season start though.. This might just be a package we're tryna get

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

We probably outbid ourselves cuz that's a 3 year contract and i hear the last year is a TO, and a low buyout.. That can be huge in a sign and trade..

The team can Cut him, BO, or keep him as an expiring.. I'm speaking about if CP3 or Deron wants to be a Knick..

Who knows if we're done before the season start though.. This might just be a package we're tryna get

youngin33 wrote:

D'antoni system is very similar to the UNC system that Felton is familiar with, he'll also get more shots than he did with the Bobcats. Larry Brown doesn't believe point guards should be scorers, Dantoni obviously doesn't feel the same way.

Back
Top Bottom