**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Melo & Amare is still a great duo..

I won't get caught in the hype this time around tho...

But his MANAGER is sayin this ?

Carmelo Anthony an NBA savior? You guessed right! The 3rd overall player of the 2003 NBA draft is always forgotten when talking of the 2003 draft because of superstars Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, and over course Darko Milicic ( for being the biggest draft bust in NBA history), But Melo has a chance to save the NBA.

Carmelo Anthony who is entering the final year of his contract with the Denver Nuggets has a big decision on his hands. Does he take the 3-year $65 million dollar extension the Nuggets have put on the table or does he turn it down and become the most coveted free agent of the 2011 Free Agent Class? It's a tough decision because with the new Collective Bargaining Agreement coming in its going to be less player friendly meaning less money for players, so that $65 million for 3 years will possibly be $40-45 million for 3 years, but if Melo leaves that money on the table to explore other career options the "big three" in Miami should be terrified.

Carmelo Anthony is definitly one of the top players in the league and is a nightmare matchup for all 30 NBA teams and if he decides to leave Denver, there is only one ultimate choice.... The New York Knicks.

It's a match made in Heaven for Melo and the Knicks to hookup. Melo born in Brooklyn and winning in a National Championship at Syracuse could literally become the "King" if he decides to make Broadway his home. Sources close to him say he wants to play in New York because he wants to play on the biggest stage and his entertainer wife Lala Vazquez would love to be in New York to pursue her own career.

But lets look at the basketball aspect of it now. The Knicks are being constructed with the right pieces and are definitely another star away from being a legit championship contender and with Melo they're one step closer to ending that 37 year championship drought. A core of Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Amar'e Stoudemire and newly acquired Anthony Randolph is definitely good enough to compete for a championship.

Without a doubt Miami is the most hated team in the NBA now. I mean I was disgusted just by the acts displayed by Lebron and Chris Bosh at the introductory party. Lebron guaranteed 7 or more championships for the Heat, which I found hilarious. I think he forgets that the East is getting better each and every day and they're not the only team thats in the conference. Their are many quality teams such as the Orlando Magic, Boston Celtics, Atlanta Hawks, Milwaukee Bucks and even the Knicks have gotten better.

Let's give the Heat the benefit of doubt and say they reach the NBA Finals, but I don't see them beating the Los Angeles Lakers in a 7 game series. The Lakers actually have more then 3 players. Let's face it, the Lakers are STACKED!!!. Wade said that its gonna be hard to guard him and his new teammates, I think the Lakers will be fine. Ron Artest is a former Defensive Player of the Year and will be up to the task of locking down Lebron James, While All-Defensive Team player Kobe Bryant will be able lock down Wade, and a combination of Pau Gasol and Bynum will easily handle Chris Bosh. So if Mario Chalmers or whoever else is on that team doesn't score about 50 points for that team, the Heat in Miami will ultimately Freeze.

Carmelo Anthony is the only guy who can go toe to toe with Kobe, Lebron, and Wade and if he wants to win a championship their is only one place to do it... NEW YORK... He'll be immortalized as one of the greatest in NBA history if he can win in New York and will create a legacy that will be on par with Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Kobe Bryant. It all could've been James' but instead Lebron chose to be a sidekick and will forever regret not playing under the bright lights of New York.

So Knicks fans be happy because there is no place for losers in New York and that's why Lebron's in Miami. Carmelo is the answer not only to save the Knicks, but the NBA as well.

Carmelo Anthony an NBA savior? You guessed right! The 3rd overall player of the 2003 NBA draft is always forgotten when talking of the 2003 draft because of superstars Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, and over course Darko Milicic ( for being the biggest draft bust in NBA history), But Melo has a chance to save the NBA.

Carmelo Anthony who is entering the final year of his contract with the Denver Nuggets has a big decision on his hands. Does he take the 3-year $65 million dollar extension the Nuggets have put on the table or does he turn it down and become the most coveted free agent of the 2011 Free Agent Class? It's a tough decision because with the new Collective Bargaining Agreement coming in its going to be less player friendly meaning less money for players, so that $65 million for 3 years will possibly be $40-45 million for 3 years, but if Melo leaves that money on the table to explore other career options the "big three" in Miami should be terrified.

Carmelo Anthony is definitly one of the top players in the league and is a nightmare matchup for all 30 NBA teams and if he decides to leave Denver, there is only one ultimate choice.... The New York Knicks.

It's a match made in Heaven for Melo and the Knicks to hookup. Melo born in Brooklyn and winning in a National Championship at Syracuse could literally become the "King" if he decides to make Broadway his home. Sources close to him say he wants to play in New York because he wants to play on the biggest stage and his entertainer wife Lala Vazquez would love to be in New York to pursue her own career.

But lets look at the basketball aspect of it now. The Knicks are being constructed with the right pieces and are definitely another star away from being a legit championship contender and with Melo they're one step closer to ending that 37 year championship drought. A core of Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Amar'e Stoudemire and newly acquired Anthony Randolph is definitely good enough to compete for a championship.

Without a doubt Miami is the most hated team in the NBA now. I mean I was disgusted just by the acts displayed by Lebron and Chris Bosh at the introductory party. Lebron guaranteed 7 or more championships for the Heat, which I found hilarious. I think he forgets that the East is getting better each and every day and they're not the only team thats in the conference. Their are many quality teams such as the Orlando Magic, Boston Celtics, Atlanta Hawks, Milwaukee Bucks and even the Knicks have gotten better.

Let's give the Heat the benefit of doubt and say they reach the NBA Finals, but I don't see them beating the Los Angeles Lakers in a 7 game series. The Lakers actually have more then 3 players. Let's face it, the Lakers are STACKED!!!. Wade said that its gonna be hard to guard him and his new teammates, I think the Lakers will be fine. Ron Artest is a former Defensive Player of the Year and will be up to the task of locking down Lebron James, While All-Defensive Team player Kobe Bryant will be able lock down Wade, and a combination of Pau Gasol and Bynum will easily handle Chris Bosh. So if Mario Chalmers or whoever else is on that team doesn't score about 50 points for that team, the Heat in Miami will ultimately Freeze.

Carmelo Anthony is the only guy who can go toe to toe with Kobe, Lebron, and Wade and if he wants to win a championship their is only one place to do it... NEW YORK... He'll be immortalized as one of the greatest in NBA history if he can win in New York and will create a legacy that will be on par with Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Kobe Bryant. It all could've been James' but instead Lebron chose to be a sidekick and will forever regret not playing under the bright lights of New York.

So Knicks fans be happy because there is no place for losers in New York and that's why Lebron's in Miami. Carmelo is the answer not only to save the Knicks, but the NBA as well.

Point guard Raymond Felton's contract figures, finalized today, is two years, $15.8M, according to a source.

There may be a third-year team option but that has yet to be negotiated upon. The Knicks chose Felton partly because he was willing to sign for two years and give the Knicks 2012 flexibility. Donnie Walsh confirmed the agreement is in place.

Felton and the three Golden Staters from the David Lee sign-and-trade - Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelanna Azubuike - will be introduced at a press conference Monday in Greenburg's practice facility.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...joyq15XBP?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=#ixzz0tJor4D3E

Signed for two years with possibly a team option for the 3rd, good signing.  Yeah, he's probably worth a couple million less than that per year but in order to sign a shorter deal that's a sacrifice the Knicks had to make.  Doesn't compromise our money for a max free agent, doesn't tie us down to him for 4-5 years, it gives us the best PG available on the market for 2 years, 3 if it works out.  Good stuff.

Point guard Raymond Felton's contract figures, finalized today, is two years, $15.8M, according to a source.

There may be a third-year team option but that has yet to be negotiated upon. The Knicks chose Felton partly because he was willing to sign for two years and give the Knicks 2012 flexibility. Donnie Walsh confirmed the agreement is in place.

Felton and the three Golden Staters from the David Lee sign-and-trade - Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelanna Azubuike - will be introduced at a press conference Monday in Greenburg's practice facility.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...joyq15XBP?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=#ixzz0tJor4D3E

Signed for two years with possibly a team option for the 3rd, good signing.  Yeah, he's probably worth a couple million less than that per year but in order to sign a shorter deal that's a sacrifice the Knicks had to make.  Doesn't compromise our money for a max free agent, doesn't tie us down to him for 4-5 years, it gives us the best PG available on the market for 2 years, 3 if it works out.  Good stuff.

I want Melo on this team badly, but I don't know how we could get him without having to wait a year. We have the pieces now for a trade, but that would decimate our roster and be counterproductive. If we could somehow get him for Chandler and Toney Douglas or something I'd be happy.

I want Melo on this team badly, but I don't know how we could get him without having to wait a year. We have the pieces now for a trade, but that would decimate our roster and be counterproductive. If we could somehow get him for Chandler and Toney Douglas or something I'd be happy.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

All hail Donnie Walsh. He is the greatest old man in the history of mankind. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

All hail Donnie Walsh. He is the greatest old man in the history of mankind. 
pimp.gif

I'm not listening to any of this Carmelo stuff. You know when I last heard rumors hyping up a player who was dying to come to NY? LeBron.
indifferent.gif

I'm not listening to any of this Carmelo stuff. You know when I last heard rumors hyping up a player who was dying to come to NY? LeBron.
indifferent.gif

[h2]Walsh: I'd consider Thomas for GM[/h2]

By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine
Archive

ny_a_thomaswalsh_576.jpg
AP Photo/Darron CummingsDonnie Walsh, who teamed with Isiah in Indiana, says he'd talk to Thomas about Knicks' GM job.

A reunion between Isiah Thomas and the New York Knicks is possible, according to Donnie Walsh.

Walsh, the Knicks' president, said Thomas will be on his list of candidates if he is given the go-ahead to hire a general manager.

"With other people, yes, Isiah would be under consideration from me," Walsh said in a telephone interview Saturday. "But that's a situation the owner would have to be involved in."

Walsh said he hasn't hired a general manager for financial reasons. If Knicks owner James Dolan allows it, he said he will eventually do so. Walsh, 69, also said reports of his imminent retirement are "totally off-base" and that he has no plans to step down.

There is little question that Dolan would be willing to consider rehiring Thomas, who served as the club's president and eventually head coach for 4½ years. The two have maintained a close relationship since Thomas was fired by the Knicks in April 2008.

[h4]Knicks blog[/h4]
nyk.gif
Looking for more information on your Knicks? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

Thomas, now the head coach at Florida International University, even assisted the Knicks in their pursuit of free agents in this historic NBA summer. Thomas played a huge role in the Knicks' courtship of Amare StoudemireJoe Johnson and LeBron James.

After the Knicks signed Stoudemire on Thursday, Walsh thanked Thomas publicly for his help during free agency.

"Isiah helped us a lot in getting Amare," Walsh said Saturday. "And he tried to help us get Joe Johnson and LeBron. He knew some of the people that were connected with some of the players, and he has a good reputation with the players and with the people that represent them. He was great."

One member of the organization said Thomas deserves the lion's share of the credit for bringing Stoudemire to New York.

"Nothing was going our way," the person said. "We were afraid we were going to get shut out. We didn't have a person who could relate to these young guys and we were panicking. Isiah stepped in and did that for us."

While Stoudemire was the only big-name player the club signed, a person close to Johnson said Thomas' work on New York's behalf had the Atlanta Hawks' All-Star seriously considering joining the Knicks.

Before Thomas began recruiting Johnson a few days before free agency began on July 1, the Knicks "weren't even on our radar," according to the person close to Johnson. But the Knicks ended up being the first team to meet with Johnson after the Hawks. After both clubs offered Johnson maximum-salary contracts at their first meeting, Johnson was thinking of joining the Knicks.

"It was 50-50 between New York and Atlanta at that point," the person close to Johnson said. "Joe was going to have to leave that $30 million on the table to go to New York, but he was still considering it. If Isiah had been in pocket with the Knicks, meaning if he had still been working for their organization, there's a strong possibility that Joe would have ended up there."

While Thomas has a poor reputation in New York because of the team's struggles -- as well as his primary role in an embarrassing sexual harassment case -- during his tenure with the Knicks, the Hall of Famer is widely respected by players and those in their inner circles throughout the league.

Over the past two weeks, he used his stature to promote the Knicks. Though Johnson had a good relationship with Mike D'Antoni, he wasn't even going to give the Knicks a meeting before Thomas began speaking about the organization, according to the person close to Johnson.

"Isiah spoke very positively about New York," the source said. "He was just telling us how loyal the Knicks were, how good of an organization it was and how the owner was a good guy. For him to say that about an organization that had fired him really put the Knicks in a positive light in Joe's mind."

Realizing the pull Thomas has with players, Dolan sent him to Cleveland to meet with James on Wednesday in a last-ditch effort to recruit the superstar. Thomas never got an audience with James, but he met with one of the members of his inner circle.

Walsh, who hired Thomas to coach his Indiana Pacers in 2000, said Thomas' tarnished image in New York is a bit unfair. The Knicks were already a disaster when Thomas took over in December 2003, having gone two straight seasons without making the playoffs.

While Thomas saddled the club with several big contracts, there's no question he upgraded the team's talent, acquiring All-Stars Stephon Marbury and Zach Randolph in their primes. He also hired two legendary coaches in Lenny Wilkens and Larry Brown, and his strong work in the draft is undeniable. Thomas selected Trevor Ariza in the second round in 2004, got Channing FryeDavid Lee and Nate Robinson in 2005, and Wilson Chandler in 2007. He also urged the Knicks to draft Brandon Jennings in 2009.

Upon replacing Thomas in 2008, Walsh was stunned by the level of dislike for him in New York.

"When I got here, he was getting killed beyond anything I'd ever seen before," Walsh said. "I've never seen anything like that."

With Thomas being such a lightning rod in New York, it may be difficult for the Knicks to bring him back. But at the very least, his work on behalf of the organization this summer could go a long way in restoring his image.

Chris Broussard covers the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.

More from ESPNNewYork.com »

Please tell me it's not true. I don't mind hiring Isiah Thomas as a scout. General Manager? *vomits*

[h2]Walsh: I'd consider Thomas for GM[/h2]

By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine
Archive

ny_a_thomaswalsh_576.jpg
AP Photo/Darron CummingsDonnie Walsh, who teamed with Isiah in Indiana, says he'd talk to Thomas about Knicks' GM job.

A reunion between Isiah Thomas and the New York Knicks is possible, according to Donnie Walsh.

Walsh, the Knicks' president, said Thomas will be on his list of candidates if he is given the go-ahead to hire a general manager.

"With other people, yes, Isiah would be under consideration from me," Walsh said in a telephone interview Saturday. "But that's a situation the owner would have to be involved in."

Walsh said he hasn't hired a general manager for financial reasons. If Knicks owner James Dolan allows it, he said he will eventually do so. Walsh, 69, also said reports of his imminent retirement are "totally off-base" and that he has no plans to step down.

There is little question that Dolan would be willing to consider rehiring Thomas, who served as the club's president and eventually head coach for 4½ years. The two have maintained a close relationship since Thomas was fired by the Knicks in April 2008.

[h4]Knicks blog[/h4]
nyk.gif
Looking for more information on your Knicks? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

Thomas, now the head coach at Florida International University, even assisted the Knicks in their pursuit of free agents in this historic NBA summer. Thomas played a huge role in the Knicks' courtship of Amare StoudemireJoe Johnson and LeBron James.

After the Knicks signed Stoudemire on Thursday, Walsh thanked Thomas publicly for his help during free agency.

"Isiah helped us a lot in getting Amare," Walsh said Saturday. "And he tried to help us get Joe Johnson and LeBron. He knew some of the people that were connected with some of the players, and he has a good reputation with the players and with the people that represent them. He was great."

One member of the organization said Thomas deserves the lion's share of the credit for bringing Stoudemire to New York.

"Nothing was going our way," the person said. "We were afraid we were going to get shut out. We didn't have a person who could relate to these young guys and we were panicking. Isiah stepped in and did that for us."

While Stoudemire was the only big-name player the club signed, a person close to Johnson said Thomas' work on New York's behalf had the Atlanta Hawks' All-Star seriously considering joining the Knicks.

Before Thomas began recruiting Johnson a few days before free agency began on July 1, the Knicks "weren't even on our radar," according to the person close to Johnson. But the Knicks ended up being the first team to meet with Johnson after the Hawks. After both clubs offered Johnson maximum-salary contracts at their first meeting, Johnson was thinking of joining the Knicks.

"It was 50-50 between New York and Atlanta at that point," the person close to Johnson said. "Joe was going to have to leave that $30 million on the table to go to New York, but he was still considering it. If Isiah had been in pocket with the Knicks, meaning if he had still been working for their organization, there's a strong possibility that Joe would have ended up there."

While Thomas has a poor reputation in New York because of the team's struggles -- as well as his primary role in an embarrassing sexual harassment case -- during his tenure with the Knicks, the Hall of Famer is widely respected by players and those in their inner circles throughout the league.

Over the past two weeks, he used his stature to promote the Knicks. Though Johnson had a good relationship with Mike D'Antoni, he wasn't even going to give the Knicks a meeting before Thomas began speaking about the organization, according to the person close to Johnson.

"Isiah spoke very positively about New York," the source said. "He was just telling us how loyal the Knicks were, how good of an organization it was and how the owner was a good guy. For him to say that about an organization that had fired him really put the Knicks in a positive light in Joe's mind."

Realizing the pull Thomas has with players, Dolan sent him to Cleveland to meet with James on Wednesday in a last-ditch effort to recruit the superstar. Thomas never got an audience with James, but he met with one of the members of his inner circle.

Walsh, who hired Thomas to coach his Indiana Pacers in 2000, said Thomas' tarnished image in New York is a bit unfair. The Knicks were already a disaster when Thomas took over in December 2003, having gone two straight seasons without making the playoffs.

While Thomas saddled the club with several big contracts, there's no question he upgraded the team's talent, acquiring All-Stars Stephon Marbury and Zach Randolph in their primes. He also hired two legendary coaches in Lenny Wilkens and Larry Brown, and his strong work in the draft is undeniable. Thomas selected Trevor Ariza in the second round in 2004, got Channing FryeDavid Lee and Nate Robinson in 2005, and Wilson Chandler in 2007. He also urged the Knicks to draft Brandon Jennings in 2009.

Upon replacing Thomas in 2008, Walsh was stunned by the level of dislike for him in New York.

"When I got here, he was getting killed beyond anything I'd ever seen before," Walsh said. "I've never seen anything like that."

With Thomas being such a lightning rod in New York, it may be difficult for the Knicks to bring him back. But at the very least, his work on behalf of the organization this summer could go a long way in restoring his image.

Chris Broussard covers the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.

More from ESPNNewYork.com »

Please tell me it's not true. I don't mind hiring Isiah Thomas as a scout. General Manager? *vomits*

how did this thread generate almost 20 pages the day after it was made? damn Knicks fans...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

how did this thread generate almost 20 pages the day after it was made? damn Knicks fans...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by viiheaven

indifferent.gif

Me too. I'm very looking forward to seeing Anthony Randolph develop his game at the Garden. I can't believe that we have him. Very excited!

Originally Posted by viiheaven

indifferent.gif

Me too. I'm very looking forward to seeing Anthony Randolph develop his game at the Garden. I can't believe that we have him. Very excited!

Back
Top Bottom