**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D
Maciej Lampe
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I think this can be a good signing...he looks talented and I will just look at him as our first round pick this year. Kudos to the Knicks if this pans out for some good international scouting.

I think this can be a good signing...he looks talented and I will just look at him as our first round pick this year. Kudos to the Knicks if this pans out for some good international scouting.

i don't know +$@! about this guy but if we're pulling random dudes off the market and giving 3 year deals i'm ridin with walsh

just what we needed more bigs
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

now that mike doesn't have guys like eddie house on the active roster, he might be more willing to open up the roto

as long as bill gets some pt, im
happy.gif

i don't know +$@! about this guy but if we're pulling random dudes off the market and giving 3 year deals i'm ridin with walsh

just what we needed more bigs
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

now that mike doesn't have guys like eddie house on the active roster, he might be more willing to open up the roto

as long as bill gets some pt, im
happy.gif

felton and mosgov(ernor ? said in russian voice of course)....
nice!

is the video posted the one where hes in the yellow jerseys?
i cant see it....

i saw a couple of vids, and he looks like a decent center....

felton and mosgov(ernor ? said in russian voice of course)....
nice!

is the video posted the one where hes in the yellow jerseys?
i cant see it....

i saw a couple of vids, and he looks like a decent center....

The athletic 7-1 center had an outstanding campaign under David Blatt with the Russian national team in the European Championships in Poland this summer, averaging 11 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.3 blocks in 23 minutes per game, helping his team far exceed expectations despite missing most of their big name players. He seems to be making big strides in his game year after year and is clearly not a finished product at this point. With his outstanding physical attributes and especially the way he runs the floor, it not out of the question that he could be a much better fit for the more up and down style of play that is found in the NBA than he is for Europe. Right now he’s seeing limited playing time on a Euroleague team in Khimki, but is gaining very good experience against the highest level of competition to be found on the continent. His stats in the Russian league and VTB United League are generally more impressive.

Via Eurocup:
Playing in his first European club competition ever, Timofey Mozgov has been one of the biggest discoveries of this season, making it all the way from BC Khimki Moscow Region’s second team to become the Eurocup’s best offensive rebounder in the Last 16. The Russian center’s season-average of 3.2 offensive and 7.1 overall rebounds are nothing but impressive, especially because he has been pulling them down in less than 18 minutes per game for Khimki, whose frontline is packed with well-known big men. But it is the 22-year old Mozgov who leads the team in both rebounds and blocks (1.2 per game)

The athletic 7-1 center had an outstanding campaign under David Blatt with the Russian national team in the European Championships in Poland this summer, averaging 11 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.3 blocks in 23 minutes per game, helping his team far exceed expectations despite missing most of their big name players. He seems to be making big strides in his game year after year and is clearly not a finished product at this point. With his outstanding physical attributes and especially the way he runs the floor, it not out of the question that he could be a much better fit for the more up and down style of play that is found in the NBA than he is for Europe. Right now he’s seeing limited playing time on a Euroleague team in Khimki, but is gaining very good experience against the highest level of competition to be found on the continent. His stats in the Russian league and VTB United League are generally more impressive.

Via Eurocup:
Playing in his first European club competition ever, Timofey Mozgov has been one of the biggest discoveries of this season, making it all the way from BC Khimki Moscow Region’s second team to become the Eurocup’s best offensive rebounder in the Last 16. The Russian center’s season-average of 3.2 offensive and 7.1 overall rebounds are nothing but impressive, especially because he has been pulling them down in less than 18 minutes per game for Khimki, whose frontline is packed with well-known big men. But it is the 22-year old Mozgov who leads the team in both rebounds and blocks (1.2 per game)

Considering some years past, young players with a strong upside will be welcomed on this team. 7'1, big body, agile, blocks shots, rebounds, exactly the type of player you need. There's also no official word on the details of the contract, there could be a team option after this year or the next, it could be front loaded to give us flexibility for next summer, etc.

It would certainly eat into our cap room, but we could always trade a few of the new guys for cap space if that's what it came down to. Walsh hasn't thrown in the towel and started filling out the cap space with random people just to do it, we don't know about this guy in the NBA yet, but it could be a great fit....

assuming D'Antoni gives him minutes

Considering some years past, young players with a strong upside will be welcomed on this team. 7'1, big body, agile, blocks shots, rebounds, exactly the type of player you need. There's also no official word on the details of the contract, there could be a team option after this year or the next, it could be front loaded to give us flexibility for next summer, etc.

It would certainly eat into our cap room, but we could always trade a few of the new guys for cap space if that's what it came down to. Walsh hasn't thrown in the towel and started filling out the cap space with random people just to do it, we don't know about this guy in the NBA yet, but it could be a great fit....

assuming D'Antoni gives him minutes

I'm not too worried about cap space.

virtually every player on this roster is trade-able now

Back
Top Bottom