**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

539tzr.jpg

amare is a %@#%#*+ BOSS

people say he just took the money... but voldemort could have gotten up to 1 billion dollars and didn;t have the heart

who's the last player that wanted to be here and bleeded new york? (besides gallo) STAT i appreciate him jumping into our culture. i want players who want toe be here and have the balls to play in NYC

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

539tzr.jpg

amare is a %@#%#*+ BOSS

people say he just took the money... but voldemort could have gotten up to 1 billion dollars and didn;t have the heart

who's the last player that wanted to be here and bleeded new york? (besides gallo) STAT i appreciate him jumping into our culture. i want players who want toe be here and have the balls to play in NYC

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Take that, Prokhorov! RT @DraftExpress: Mozgov: a big body and athletic guy who rebounds, block shots and finishes well around the rim

LMAO RT @mweshler: @alanhahn @draftexpress I think we just signed a 7'1" Russian to break James' knee caps.
If he dies, he dies.

that's what i like to hear. i'm pumped for next season. not getting him will bring us closer together. knicks forever

Take that, Prokhorov! RT @DraftExpress: Mozgov: a big body and athletic guy who rebounds, block shots and finishes well around the rim

LMAO RT @mweshler: @alanhahn @draftexpress I think we just signed a 7'1" Russian to break James' knee caps.
If he dies, he dies.

that's what i like to hear. i'm pumped for next season. not getting him will bring us closer together. knicks forever

Originally Posted by DubA169

If he dies, he dies.

That's the type of talk I like from my fellow Knicks fans!
pimp.gif

How about this for a playoff series:

Stat, CP3,Melo vs. D-Wade, Prince James, CB4 for the Eastern Conference Title and the right to play the Lakers for the NBA title
eek.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

If he dies, he dies.

That's the type of talk I like from my fellow Knicks fans!
pimp.gif

How about this for a playoff series:

Stat, CP3,Melo vs. D-Wade, Prince James, CB4 for the Eastern Conference Title and the right to play the Lakers for the NBA title
eek.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Word is they're trying to trade Chandler as they dont think he's a legit two..trying to package him with Curry.

Thomas shouldnt even have a consultant position with the Knicks. They say you're as good as your last signing...and Thomas' track record sucks. It makes no sense. They've either traded or are going to trade/let go of every player they brought in during his tenure so.....

A player I'm keeping my eye on is Bill Walker....something about that kid's game i like. He's strong enough to play in the post and he's also a gritty defender.

Word is they're trying to trade Chandler as they dont think he's a legit two..trying to package him with Curry.

Thomas shouldnt even have a consultant position with the Knicks. They say you're as good as your last signing...and Thomas' track record sucks. It makes no sense. They've either traded or are going to trade/let go of every player they brought in during his tenure so.....

A player I'm keeping my eye on is Bill Walker....something about that kid's game i like. He's strong enough to play in the post and he's also a gritty defender.

Bill Walker and Douglas are good projects.  I hope the Knicks keep them..especially Walker

Bill Walker and Douglas are good projects.  I hope the Knicks keep them..especially Walker

Damn it....

No...more...Melo...talk.
frown.gif

Not sure I could do another year of this. Melo, though...doesn't seem like the attention !$%%@ that L.....(His name gets no mention here) is.

Also....thought about this while coming from work yest. How bout a Team Knicks summit for the 1st Miami game?

Damn it....

No...more...Melo...talk.
frown.gif

Not sure I could do another year of this. Melo, though...doesn't seem like the attention !$%%@ that L.....(His name gets no mention here) is.

Also....thought about this while coming from work yest. How bout a Team Knicks summit for the 1st Miami game?

[h1]Knicks spy Russian[/h1]
By Marc Berman
The Knicks last night were on the verge of signing 7-foot-1 Russian free-agent center Timofey Mozgov, according to a source. The anticipated three-year,

$9 million deal would eat up the rest of their cap space.

However, the Knicks are still waiting for clearance papers from FIBA and his Russian team, according to the source.

The Knicks worked out the 24-year-old the past week and were hoping word would not get out. The Knicks must pay his Russian team Khimki $500,000.

It was a closely guarded secret they were courting the Russian. Yesterday morning, a team official was asked by The Post about rumors they were ready to sign a 7-foot Russian center and he confirmed it, but would not reveal the name.

"I don't want another team coming in and swooping him up," the official told The Post.
One scout said of Mozgov that he was a proficient inside-outside center, perfect for Mike D'Antoni's system.
He averaged six points and four rebounds in 13 minutes per game last season for Khimki. Though he didn't log a lot of minutes, the standard in Russia is for young centers to be brought along slowly. After the Knicks' post-LeBron James' maneuverings, they had $3.2 million left under the salary cap and needed a center for their roster. They may still have enough left for a minimum signing.

According to a person familiar with the Knicks' thinking, the club will explore trading Wilson Chandler, possibly packaging him with the expiring contract of Eddy Curry. The Knicks would love to trade for a premier outside-shooting big man.
Chandler, who has had ankle surgery two straight offseasons, has a contract the Knicks likely will move to be enough under the 2011 salary cap for a maximum contract. The addition of versatile forward Anthony Randolph and swingman Kelenna Azubuike makes Chandler more expendable for a roster lacking size. The Knicks don't believe Chandler can handle shooting-guard duties.
The Knicks have had internal discussions about shooting guard Rasual Butler, but they didn't have enough room. They were looking at centers Theo Ratliff and Tony Battie in case the deal with the Russian didn't work.

"It's not a bad thing not to spend all the money we have under the cap," team president Donnie Walsh said. "It's early July. We'll spend the rest of the summer looking for ways to improve the team."

New point guard Raymond Felton said on South Carolina TV, "I'm bringing a warrior. I'm a true point guard. I make everybody better and try to make everybody better. They're definitely getting a warrior." Walsh said Felton will add "toughness" and D'Antoni said he'll bring "grit." . . . The Knicks' summer league team begins tonight in Vegas vs. the Lakers, with second-rounder Andy Rautins, Landry Fields and center Jerome Jordan making debuts. . . . Despite swirling rumors he'll finally add to the front office because he is bound to a wheelchair, Walsh repeated he's not hiring a GM at this time. "I am not hiring now," Walsh said. "Because I do not have a job open."

[h1]Knicks spy Russian[/h1]
By Marc Berman
The Knicks last night were on the verge of signing 7-foot-1 Russian free-agent center Timofey Mozgov, according to a source. The anticipated three-year,

$9 million deal would eat up the rest of their cap space.

However, the Knicks are still waiting for clearance papers from FIBA and his Russian team, according to the source.

The Knicks worked out the 24-year-old the past week and were hoping word would not get out. The Knicks must pay his Russian team Khimki $500,000.

It was a closely guarded secret they were courting the Russian. Yesterday morning, a team official was asked by The Post about rumors they were ready to sign a 7-foot Russian center and he confirmed it, but would not reveal the name.

"I don't want another team coming in and swooping him up," the official told The Post.
One scout said of Mozgov that he was a proficient inside-outside center, perfect for Mike D'Antoni's system.
He averaged six points and four rebounds in 13 minutes per game last season for Khimki. Though he didn't log a lot of minutes, the standard in Russia is for young centers to be brought along slowly. After the Knicks' post-LeBron James' maneuverings, they had $3.2 million left under the salary cap and needed a center for their roster. They may still have enough left for a minimum signing.

According to a person familiar with the Knicks' thinking, the club will explore trading Wilson Chandler, possibly packaging him with the expiring contract of Eddy Curry. The Knicks would love to trade for a premier outside-shooting big man.
Chandler, who has had ankle surgery two straight offseasons, has a contract the Knicks likely will move to be enough under the 2011 salary cap for a maximum contract. The addition of versatile forward Anthony Randolph and swingman Kelenna Azubuike makes Chandler more expendable for a roster lacking size. The Knicks don't believe Chandler can handle shooting-guard duties.
The Knicks have had internal discussions about shooting guard Rasual Butler, but they didn't have enough room. They were looking at centers Theo Ratliff and Tony Battie in case the deal with the Russian didn't work.

"It's not a bad thing not to spend all the money we have under the cap," team president Donnie Walsh said. "It's early July. We'll spend the rest of the summer looking for ways to improve the team."

New point guard Raymond Felton said on South Carolina TV, "I'm bringing a warrior. I'm a true point guard. I make everybody better and try to make everybody better. They're definitely getting a warrior." Walsh said Felton will add "toughness" and D'Antoni said he'll bring "grit." . . . The Knicks' summer league team begins tonight in Vegas vs. the Lakers, with second-rounder Andy Rautins, Landry Fields and center Jerome Jordan making debuts. . . . Despite swirling rumors he'll finally add to the front office because he is bound to a wheelchair, Walsh repeated he's not hiring a GM at this time. "I am not hiring now," Walsh said. "Because I do not have a job open."

The roster is so different. So much more young talent and less dead weight.

Looking forward to seeing what kind of noise this team cam make this year.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom