**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Random thought:

The way this team is currently constructed "kind of" reminds me of something...

Turiaf : Ervin Johnson
Amar'e : Kemp
Gallo : Detlef
Azubuike : Hershey Hawkins
Felton : Payton (it took him a few years before he started beasting...)

Mozgov : Jim McIlvaine
Randolph : Perkins
Chandler : Terry Cummings (?)
Walker : David Wingate
Douglas : Nate McMillan
Fields : Craig Elho (?)

I'm just saying... Lol

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Random thought:

I'm just saying... Lol

roll.gif
Hershey Hawkins

I haven't heard this name in YEARS yet I still somehow remember him like I had never forgotten him...weird, I know
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Random thought:

I'm just saying... Lol

roll.gif
Hershey Hawkins

I haven't heard this name in YEARS yet I still somehow remember him like I had never forgotten him...weird, I know
laugh.gif

I really hope that Amare helps put the Knicks back on the map. His classy attitude and enthusiasm during this summer has won back his place as one of my favorite players.

I really hope that Amare helps put the Knicks back on the map. His classy attitude and enthusiasm during this summer has won back his place as one of my favorite players.

Those jerseys look sick. I like both.
Anthony Randolph just turned 21. 

July 16, 2010 · 4:59 PM

[h3]Strip Scribbles: New York Knicks’ Anthony Randolph turns 21 at Eve[/h3]
By Robin Leach
scaled.AnthonyRandolphCake1WickedPR_t420.jpg

Anthony Randolph's 21st birthday at Eve in MGM CityCenter's Crystals on July 15, 2010.

Photo: Wicked PR

New York Knicks’ star Anthony Randolph celebrated his 21st birthday last night at Eva Longoria Parker’s Eve Nightclub in MGM CityCenter’s Crystals. The Knicks forward and friends showed up at the club shortly after midnight and enjoyed Eve’s lingerie party featuring designer Kiki de Montparnasse.

Anthony was surprised with a custom Las Vegas-themed birthday cake featuring a deck of cards and a replica No. 4 Knicks jersey. He partied the night away in Eve’s VIP section sipping on Ciroc berry-flavored vodka and Patron, although not likely mixed together!

scaled.AnthonyRandolphCake2WickedPR_t420.jpg

Anthony Randolph's 21st birthday at Eve in MGM CityCenter's Crystals on July 15, 2010.

*Celebrities and clubgoers came to party at Tao in The Venetian whereJeremih started his birthday celebration a few days early by hosting Worship Thursday. The singer, who turns 23 tomorrow, had a VIP table with friends, enjoyed Moet Rose champagne and Ciroc and thanked the crowd for coming to his party with a performance.

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/blogs...scribbles-new-york-knicks-anthony-randolph-t/

Those jerseys look sick. I like both.
Anthony Randolph just turned 21. 

July 16, 2010 · 4:59 PM

[h3]Strip Scribbles: New York Knicks’ Anthony Randolph turns 21 at Eve[/h3]
By Robin Leach
scaled.AnthonyRandolphCake1WickedPR_t420.jpg

New York Knicks’ star Anthony Randolph celebrated his 21st birthday last night at Eva Longoria Parker’s Eve Nightclub in MGM CityCenter’s Crystals. The Knicks forward and friends showed up at the club shortly after midnight and enjoyed Eve’s lingerie party featuring designer Kiki de Montparnasse.

Anthony was surprised with a custom Las Vegas-themed birthday cake featuring a deck of cards and a replica No. 4 Knicks jersey. He partied the night away in Eve’s VIP section sipping on Ciroc berry-flavored vodka and Patron, although not likely mixed together!

scaled.AnthonyRandolphCake2WickedPR_t420.jpg

*Celebrities and clubgoers came to party at Tao in The Venetian whereJeremih started his birthday celebration a few days early by hosting Worship Thursday. The singer, who turns 23 tomorrow, had a VIP table with friends, enjoyed Moet Rose champagne and Ciroc and thanked the crowd for coming to his party with a performance.

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/blogs...scribbles-new-york-knicks-anthony-randolph-t/

[h1]Artest wanted James in N.Y.[/h1]
Knicks Blog

Berman on Twitter

By ZACH BRAZILLER

Last Updated: 6:25 AM, July 17, 2010

Posted: 2:31 AM, July 17, 2010

Ron Artest said he was disappointed, like every other New Yorker, when LeBron James spurned the Knicks and signed with the Heat.

"I wanted him to come to New York," the former St. John's star said after playing for the Sean Bell All-Stars at the West 4th Street Pro League in downtown Manhattan yesterday. "I'm a New York fan. I don't like seeing the Knicks lose."

Artest, who helped the Los Angeles win the title this past season, figured there was a chance James would choose the Big Apple.

"If you're trying to be real big, you come to New York or L.A.," he said. "But you never know what someone's thinking about."

As for Amar'e Stoudemire, the player who did choose to come to New York, Artest warned the power forward it will be a challenge.

"If you want pressure, you come to New York," he said. "He must be special to come to New York. I hope he works hard on his rebounding and shot blocking."

[h1]Artest wanted James in N.Y.[/h1]
Knicks Blog

Berman on Twitter

By ZACH BRAZILLER

Posted: 2:31 AM, July 17, 2010

Ron Artest said he was disappointed, like every other New Yorker, when LeBron James spurned the Knicks and signed with the Heat.

"I wanted him to come to New York," the former St. John's star said after playing for the Sean Bell All-Stars at the West 4th Street Pro League in downtown Manhattan yesterday. "I'm a New York fan. I don't like seeing the Knicks lose."

Artest, who helped the Los Angeles win the title this past season, figured there was a chance James would choose the Big Apple.

"If you're trying to be real big, you come to New York or L.A.," he said. "But you never know what someone's thinking about."

As for Amar'e Stoudemire, the player who did choose to come to New York, Artest warned the power forward it will be a challenge.

"If you want pressure, you come to New York," he said. "He must be special to come to New York. I hope he works hard on his rebounding and shot blocking."

[h1]Ron Artest says LeBron James avoided pressure by not signing with New York Knicks, commends Amar'e[/h1]
BY Mark Lelinwalla
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 4:00 AM

alg_artest_queensbridge.jpg

Keivom/News
Los Angeles Lakers forward Ron Artest returns home to the Queensbridge Houses in Long Island City to receive a Community Recognition Award.

Ron Artest hinted at what a lot of New Yorkers already felt about LeBron James - he wanted to avoid the pressure of playing in the Big Apple.

"I don't think it means anything in particular (that James didn't sign with the Knicks), but if you want some pressure, come to New York," said Artest, who made an appearance at the West 4th St. basketball court in Manhattan Friday. "I don't know what he was thinking. ... He had a different plan. You don't know if he was thinking weather, team, players, friends. But if you want some pressure, come to New York."

Artest added that Amar'e Stoudemire should be given credit.

"The $100 million helps, but he still wanted to come here," said Artest, referring to Stoudemire's five-year deal with the Knicks. "He must be special to want to come to New York. I hope he works hard, works on his defense, becomes a more consistent rebounder and I hope he takes New York to the championship."

Knicks fans do, too.

[h1]Ron Artest says LeBron James avoided pressure by not signing with New York Knicks, commends Amar'e[/h1]
BY Mark Lelinwalla
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 4:00 AM

alg_artest_queensbridge.jpg

Keivom/News
Los Angeles Lakers forward Ron Artest returns home to the Queensbridge Houses in Long Island City to receive a Community Recognition Award.

Ron Artest hinted at what a lot of New Yorkers already felt about LeBron James - he wanted to avoid the pressure of playing in the Big Apple.

"I don't think it means anything in particular (that James didn't sign with the Knicks), but if you want some pressure, come to New York," said Artest, who made an appearance at the West 4th St. basketball court in Manhattan Friday. "I don't know what he was thinking. ... He had a different plan. You don't know if he was thinking weather, team, players, friends. But if you want some pressure, come to New York."

Artest added that Amar'e Stoudemire should be given credit.

"The $100 million helps, but he still wanted to come here," said Artest, referring to Stoudemire's five-year deal with the Knicks. "He must be special to want to come to New York. I hope he works hard, works on his defense, becomes a more consistent rebounder and I hope he takes New York to the championship."

Knicks fans do, too.

[h1]Exec: Mozgov has 1st-round talent[/h1]
Knicks Blog

Berman on Twitter

By MARC BERMAN

Posted: 2:30 AM, July 17, 2010

LAS VEGAS -- One NBA executive who deals extensively with Europe credited the Knicks for showing the guts to sign 7-foot-1 Russian center Timofey Mozgov, saying he would be a mid first-round pick had he been in June's draft.

The executive said he likely would have gone between 15 and 25.

"It's a gift for them, give them credit," the executive said. "A lot of teams didn't know how to handle the buyout. It's a Russian team. It's a different world. You have to have relationships there. A lot of teams were scared."

It's unclear if the Nets, whose owner is Russian Mikhail Prokhorov, had Mozgov on their radar. In an interview with MSG Network, Mozgov said, "Everyone knows Mikhail in Russia."

Mozgov left Las Vegas three days ago to start training for the Russian National Team for the World Championships. The executive said the undrafted Mozgov, 24, got on NBA teams' radar with a terrific outing in a two-week European Championships in Poland two years ago.

"He was No. 1 on my list for European free agents," the executive said. "His upside is unbelievable. He's bouncy. He needs to get stronger, learn the NBA game and terminology. It's a no-brainer. The way you got to look at him is they drafted him a couple of years ago, held him over there and now they bring him back."

The Knicks overpayed, giving him a three-year, $9 million deal, partly to help him with his $2.5M buyout from Khimki. The Knicks were allowed to pay a maximum $500,000.

In the MSG Network interview, Mozgov said he models his game after Kevin Garnett and picked the Knicks because, "I like Mike D'Antoni because he runs pick and rolls."

Landry Fields continues to excel, adding 15 more points in 21 minutes off the bench in the Knicks 92-80 win over Detroit.

The fleet second-round pick is drawing the buzz of several NBA scouts who did not think he would be drafted.

Fields, picked No. 39, had six rebounds and is shooting 55 percent, averaging 16 points in the four games.

The Stanford graduate always is the first man downcourt -- perfect for D'Antoni's up-tempo system.

"He makes hustling look easy," Knicks summer-league coach Dan D'Antoni said.

The Knicks finish summer-league today against Washington and first-overall draft pick John Wall.

According to a source familiar with the situation, free agent Stephon Marbury turned down an offer from a team in Jerusalem.

[h1]Exec: Mozgov has 1st-round talent[/h1]
Knicks Blog

Berman on Twitter

By MARC BERMAN

Posted: 2:30 AM, July 17, 2010

LAS VEGAS -- One NBA executive who deals extensively with Europe credited the Knicks for showing the guts to sign 7-foot-1 Russian center Timofey Mozgov, saying he would be a mid first-round pick had he been in June's draft.

The executive said he likely would have gone between 15 and 25.

"It's a gift for them, give them credit," the executive said. "A lot of teams didn't know how to handle the buyout. It's a Russian team. It's a different world. You have to have relationships there. A lot of teams were scared."

It's unclear if the Nets, whose owner is Russian Mikhail Prokhorov, had Mozgov on their radar. In an interview with MSG Network, Mozgov said, "Everyone knows Mikhail in Russia."

Mozgov left Las Vegas three days ago to start training for the Russian National Team for the World Championships. The executive said the undrafted Mozgov, 24, got on NBA teams' radar with a terrific outing in a two-week European Championships in Poland two years ago.

"He was No. 1 on my list for European free agents," the executive said. "His upside is unbelievable. He's bouncy. He needs to get stronger, learn the NBA game and terminology. It's a no-brainer. The way you got to look at him is they drafted him a couple of years ago, held him over there and now they bring him back."

The Knicks overpayed, giving him a three-year, $9 million deal, partly to help him with his $2.5M buyout from Khimki. The Knicks were allowed to pay a maximum $500,000.

In the MSG Network interview, Mozgov said he models his game after Kevin Garnett and picked the Knicks because, "I like Mike D'Antoni because he runs pick and rolls."

Landry Fields continues to excel, adding 15 more points in 21 minutes off the bench in the Knicks 92-80 win over Detroit.

The fleet second-round pick is drawing the buzz of several NBA scouts who did not think he would be drafted.

Fields, picked No. 39, had six rebounds and is shooting 55 percent, averaging 16 points in the four games.

The Stanford graduate always is the first man downcourt -- perfect for D'Antoni's up-tempo system.

"He makes hustling look easy," Knicks summer-league coach Dan D'Antoni said.

The Knicks finish summer-league today against Washington and first-overall draft pick John Wall.

According to a source familiar with the situation, free agent Stephon Marbury turned down an offer from a team in Jerusalem.

Artest still the man. everyone knows he wants no part of the pressure here. he just wanted to win right away the easiest way possible. his "team" and moms would have ended up in the papers for some stupid %@!+ every other day, would have been interesting to see how that would effect him

anyway.... Gallo is chilling

Tuesday, July 14 - Danilo Gallinari has clear ideas. The wing of the New York Knicks is in Italy for the preparation of the national team friendly games, gave an exclusive interview with Sky Sports where he talked a bit 'about everything.

The National
'I could not participate with the group this summer for physical problems. I had to take better care of myself and do some work for the individual back for the accident I had last year. I want to get ready for next season, which will be very important both for me and for the team. "

On his performance
"I'm convinced I can do more and also that's why it is important to have a good impact immediately, relying on the experience this year."

On the Knicks season
"we changed many things already two years ago, from the chairman to the coach. There is an important project, to get back to winning. New York is probably the most beautiful city where to win. I think the characteristics of a player who wants to stay in New York should be: to fight, to have a winning mentality and know how to win an audience by winning, because in New York hat's how you get the public. I will try to win with the team, personal performance is less important. "

On Amar'e Stoudemire and Mike D'Antoni
"Amar'e Stoudemire is a superstar player, key, very good in Mike's game. Will give us a lot. I hope it is a beautiful and fun season. Mike's game is definitely exciting and we will have the chance to get to the playoffs with the team that has been built. "

On LeBron James and his decision to go to the Heat
"He wanted to win right away and went into the franchise that gave him more chances to win. If he wanted to win, he made the best choice. "

Kobe Bryant
"I think Kobe is like no one else He is the strongest player there, he won five titles. LeBron has the characteristics of Kobe and physically maybe is better, but he must be able to win and everything to convince the American public. "

Artest still the man. everyone knows he wants no part of the pressure here. he just wanted to win right away the easiest way possible. his "team" and moms would have ended up in the papers for some stupid %@!+ every other day, would have been interesting to see how that would effect him

anyway.... Gallo is chilling

Tuesday, July 14 - Danilo Gallinari has clear ideas. The wing of the New York Knicks is in Italy for the preparation of the national team friendly games, gave an exclusive interview with Sky Sports where he talked a bit 'about everything.

The National
'I could not participate with the group this summer for physical problems. I had to take better care of myself and do some work for the individual back for the accident I had last year. I want to get ready for next season, which will be very important both for me and for the team. "

On his performance
"I'm convinced I can do more and also that's why it is important to have a good impact immediately, relying on the experience this year."

On the Knicks season
"we changed many things already two years ago, from the chairman to the coach. There is an important project, to get back to winning. New York is probably the most beautiful city where to win. I think the characteristics of a player who wants to stay in New York should be: to fight, to have a winning mentality and know how to win an audience by winning, because in New York hat's how you get the public. I will try to win with the team, personal performance is less important. "

On Amar'e Stoudemire and Mike D'Antoni
"Amar'e Stoudemire is a superstar player, key, very good in Mike's game. Will give us a lot. I hope it is a beautiful and fun season. Mike's game is definitely exciting and we will have the chance to get to the playoffs with the team that has been built. "

On LeBron James and his decision to go to the Heat
"He wanted to win right away and went into the franchise that gave him more chances to win. If he wanted to win, he made the best choice. "

Kobe Bryant
"I think Kobe is like no one else He is the strongest player there, he won five titles. LeBron has the characteristics of Kobe and physically maybe is better, but he must be able to win and everything to convince the American public. "

Those are crack.. They should make black ones with three orange, blue, white stripes on the side

Those are crack.. They should make black ones with three orange, blue, white stripes on the side

Back
Top Bottom