Official 2011-2012 Dallas Mavericks Thread (31-26) Vol: Take a Hike Odom

I knew that first quarter was fugazee...
Showing these boys what's really good, we aren't one of those weak eastern conference teams they've been runnin through
pimp.gif

tough loss, we didn't hit some clutch shots and they did.

We made them take 25 foot + 3's they just knocked them down...on to the next one.

Dirk was great, didn't have much help

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

Showing these boys what's really good, we aren't one of those weak eastern conference teams they've been runnin through
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

You're a coward. #*@% outta here son.

Is there some way to get VC some playing time at the end of games? He's been a clutch player for a long time...

I know Dirk, JT, Kidd, and Marion have to be out there but...

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ a Knicks fan trying to troll in here.

Tough loss, We could've won this, Had a few bad possessions, Especially the ones Odom had,

On to the next one.

Well, this game proved it's going to be rough with Delonte out. Maybe Beaubois could have done better, I don't know, but Jones wasn't good enough to be out there for 15 minutes.

Quite telling when Dirk and Kidd are both +10 or more, but there ain't no one to back them up.

Anyone else wonder what might've been if Jeremy Lin had signed w/ Mavs last yr and had his coming out party this season with the Mavs instead of the Knicks? Just use Kidd's absence from earlier when he missed a few games as the opportunity of circumstance for Lin to play big minutes. Then even after Kidd comes back, Lin continues to play big min allowing Kidd to rest his old self and Lin can go through his learning curve of playing PG under Kidd's guidance. Mavs would've been set up real nice for Summer 2012 Free Agency and beyond having Lin and Dirk as main selling points to guys like D-12 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
If Mavs hadn't won the Finals last June, the thought of this would make me a lot more depressed but since Dirk and co took care of business last Spring; it doesn't sting as much 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jonwin

Anyone else wonder what might've been if Jeremy Lin had signed w/ Mavs last yr and had his coming out party this season with the Mavs instead of the Knicks? Just use Kidd's absence from earlier when he missed a few games as the opportunity of circumstance for Lin to play big minutes. Then even after Kidd comes back, Lin continues to play big min allowing Kidd to rest his old self and Lin can go through his learning curve of playing PG under Kidd's guidance. Mavs would've been set up real nice for Summer 2012 Free Agency and beyond having Lin and Dirk as main selling points to guys like D-12 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
If Mavs hadn't won the Finals last June, the thought of this would make me a lot more depressed but since Dirk and co took care of business last Spring; it doesn't sting as much 
laugh.gif
i was just thinking the exact same thing today... im sure the Mavs scouting staff liked what they saw from Jeremy during the summer league last year.

Anyways, whats with your loyalty? 3 out of 4 Bay Area teams in your sig??
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif

'07 playoffs boooooi!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wcghost

Originally Posted by jonwin

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
i was just thinking the exact same thing today... im sure the Mavs scouting staff liked what they saw from Jeremy during the summer league last year.

Anyways, whats with your loyalty? 3 out of 4 Bay Area teams in your sig??
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif

'07 playoffs boooooi!
pimp.gif
Basically I was born in San Jose, CA and lived there until I was 9 when I moved to Fort Worth, TX (Just outside of Dallas). From time I was aware, I've always rooted for 49ers, Giants and Sharks; although to be honest, I didn't really start following hockey in great detail until maybe 8th grade (I'm 22 right now btw) but I always rooted for Sharks regardless of my lack of knowledge of hockey. 
For whatever reason though, I never had any allegiance to the Warriors. You can blame my mom for that I guess. The whole time I lived in Cali, my mom always decked me out in 49ers, Giants and Sharks gear even though she knows nothing about sports 
laugh.gif
. I can only guess that she must not have been a fan of the royal/gold colors for some reason. So I never had any connection to the Warriors; didn't even know they existed until I moved to Texas which is due to fact that I also didn't start following the NBA until I moved to Texas where the Mavs were the first team I truly started paying attention to and rooting for. And this is around 1999-2000 when Mark Cuban was about to buy the team so I'm not a bandwagon fan; been there throughout the all heart breaks that happened the last decade including that 2007 debacle against your Warriors
mad.gif
frown.gif
. So there is a method to my at first glance "randomness" of being a Mavs fan when the other 3 sports I'm repping the Bay area teams.  
Life's been great to me sports-wise the last couple years with the Giants winning the WS in 2010 and the Mavs wining the Finals about 8 months later in 2011 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Odom looked like he was intentionally tanking out there 
30t6p3b.gif
I know he usually has poor shot selection but today it looked like he went out of his way to take those shots, especially with momentum changing. Plus that turnover he had that led to the Lin steal and dunk just looked comical. 

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

30t6p3b.gif
I know he usually has poor shot selection but today it looked like he went out of his way to take those shots, especially with momentum changing. Plus that turnover he had that led to the Lin steal and dunk just looked comical. 
For real. There was that one possession where he just dribbled up the entire way w/o even passing to anybody and took some stupid shot that had me like
30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

30t6p3b.gif
Some nights he really wants to help the team. Other nights, he just wants to do his own thing. Tonight, he didn't care about being on a team. Was like dude was on a rec team just trying to do him.

Odom has been trashy in general on the road this year. His real good games have been at home.

Friday he was decent against Philly, but he's looked TERRIBLE on the road against: OKC, Minny twice, San Antonio, Lakers, Clippers, Cleveland, and now tonight NYK.

All 8 of those games have been losses for us.

Screw it man, stop giving him 20 minutes a night, give Ian some more minutes out there, at least we'll know he'll play defense, rebound, and shoot a high %. Hell even give me more Yi or Sean Williams. Sean played so well when given time, but he just wasn't in shape. But he put forth more effort in the game in his combined 17 minutes of action than I've seen from Lamar in about 400 minutes.

I understand we're really limited right now with both Beaubois and Delonte out and need guys to handle the ball, and it'd be really nice to have Roddy right now, and that Lamar has to provide that relief, but if he's going to play like this, go grab Earl Boykins and sign him and let him play back-up for a month. He'd probably play more defense and grab more boards than Odom anyways.

He's frustrated as hell. Now I know why they called him Odumb.

Turns it over to Jeremy Lin at the end of the quarter and gave him a free dunk. Genius.

watching Odom play has been sad. It doesn't make sense how bad he is.

and I'm 100% sure it's mental

Mavs-Lakers tonight. Hope Dirk and friends put on a clinic against Black Mamba. 
pimp.gif

Chris Broussard reported that the Mavericks may move Beaubois before the deadline.

I'd believe it, but, not with Delonte out. It makes more sense to unload him after this year, unless we pack him with Odom and try to get a nice, expiring contract that could help us this year in the Playoffs, but I don't know who/what that would be.

I can imagine a wholesale this summer though trying to shed contracts to sign 3D.

Back
Top Bottom