OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

4-2 feels great!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

real test begins next week
nod.gif

NBA unveils ABA throwback uniforms

The throwback theme this season is the old American Basketball Association, because 2012 marks the 45th anniversary of the ABA's founding. Some teams are wearing old designs from their own storied past; others are wearing uniforms originally worn by now-defunct ABA franchises in their geographic region. Here's the full slate of designs, all of which will be worn for selected games beginning on Jan. 21 (you can check out the full schedule here):

Los Angeles Clippers, dressing as the Los Angeles Stars

6641667787_b546ee2d92.jpg

6641933017_157de96262.jpg

6641564163_324dcecf04.jpg

6641642035_968f5eef99.jpg

6641649167_37c1122bf5.jpg

6641927635_e693e017ba.jpg

6641932859_33bd3b5bc4.jpg

Throwbacks will be worn on:

1/26 vs Grizzlies on TNT
2/18 vs Spurs
2/22 vs Nuggets
2/28 vs Wolves

BTW Griffin #32 swingman will be robocopped
happy.gif

I actually want to see those on the players. Looks like it could be hit or miss.

Like mjshoefanatic was saying though...real test begins this week. If we can come out 2-1 that'd be awesome.

^Yeah me too. Kind of similar in color to the San Diego Clip away jerseys from 82.

3-0 might be a dream but 2-1 is very doable.

Blazers
Heat
Lakers

Damn that is a tough 3 game stretch. This will be a great test for this team though. I can't wait to see how Blake plays against LA tomorrow.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Blazers
Heat
Lakers

Damn that is a tough 3 game stretch. This will be a great test for this team though. I can't wait to see how Blake plays against LA tomorrow.

Portland tonight, not LA.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Blazers
Heat
Lakers

I know.
laugh.gif

LA = Lamarcus Aldridge.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Blazers
Heat
Lakers

I know.
laugh.gif

LA = Lamarcus Aldridge.
laugh.gif

My bad man.

djnkc.jpg

Come meet
Chris Paul
as he discusses his new signature shoe:
Jordan CP3.V
hosted by Cedric the Entertainer

House of Hoops by FootLocker 01.12.12 at 3pm
at the Beverly Center Mall, Los Angeles, CA 90048

Originally Posted by you big dummy

djnkc.jpg

Come meet
Chris Paul
as he discusses his new signature shoe:
Jordan CP3.V
hosted by Cedric the Entertainer

House of Hoops by FootLocker 01.12.12 at 3pm
at the Beverly Center Mall, Los Angeles, CA 90048

As much as I'm a fan of CP3 (and the CP3.V, actually), I'll pass.  Not big on the Beverly Center in general and I'm sure the place is going to be even more of a zoo than usual tomorrow afternoon.  But good luck to anyone else that shows up -- hope you have a good time. 

And I'm very excited about the upcoming three game stretch.  If we go 2-1 or better, I think it wil make me pretty confident we're a real contender in the West.  Anything less than that, the jury will still be out.

^^^ My bad. I should have known since I would be pretty hard for CP to make an appearance at 3:00 p.m. then show up for our game against Miami at 7:30. But either way, whenever it happens, the Beverly Center is going to be too crazy for me.

Tough loss tonight. Credit to the team for hanging in with a very good team, but they really didn't play well. CP3 was really off and Blake was sub-par. Considering that, it's pretty amazing we kept game as close as it was. And yeah, the refs didn't help.

VDN and his Dumbleavy-esque rotations tonight
sick.gif

DJ should be putting up Camby-type numbers not sure why he's having so much difficulty boxing out other bigs & averaging at least 10 rebs
indifferent.gif

Butler & Billups

CP3 & BG32
grin.gif

Miami up next! Time to regroup. 

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

VDN and his Dumbleavy-esque rotations tonight
sick.gif

DJ should be putting up Camby-type numbers not sure why he's having so much difficulty boxing out other bigs & averaging at least 10 rebs
indifferent.gif

Butler & Billups

CP3 & BG32
grin.gif

Miami up next! Time to regroup. 
DJ just isn't a smart player. He's one of those guys who's in the league mainly for his athletic ability.

Once he actually starts to focus in and work on the fundamentals he will be a beast all around. He's definitely improving though.

That was a decent first half. I wanna see Blake knock down these free throws though!

He has all the mechanics down, he just needs to focus and shoot a higher percent from the line.

Clearly CP3's best game as a Clip so far this season and DJ finally putting up the right kind of numbers to justify that massive contract.

BTW can't be mad @ quake for trying to sharpen his jumper but please not during crucial moments of a game
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom