OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

Dang, that large beer RiRi has in that one pick made me thirsty. I'm going to have to stop and get some beer after work and, unlike at Staples, I won't have to pay $15 for 16 oz.

MJSF -- it looks like Mayo is definitely on the trading block:

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 20m
Memphis and New Jersey have been engaged in trade talks centered on guard O.J. Mayo, but a deal appears unlikely, league sources tell Y!

Mo (and maybe Cook, if they'll take him) for OJ?

Bill Simmons (I think) tweeted that trading Mo Gotti for Redick should be explored. What do you guys think?

If Mo is content on being the 6th man and embraces that role, I don't mind keeping him. But if he pouts about not getting a lot of playing time and starts to complain, then ship him out for a SG. With Bledsoe coming back soon, he might be the odd man out either way.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Memphis and New Jersey have been engaged in trade talks centered on guard O.J. Mayo, but a deal appears unlikely, league sources tell Y!

Lets put together a petition and forward it to Olshey
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

laugh.gif
 at Mo and Cook. 

Definitely a great win. Had the lead from start to finish
pimp.gif

Reggie Evans was such a great pickup...

Until Cook is able to find his shot, I'd like to see Thompkins get some burn....

Hopefully CP3 and Mo will be available for Monday....

Originally Posted by CAto312

Bill Simmons (I think) tweeted that trading Mo Gotti for Redick should be explored. What do you guys think?
i wouldn't do it. it would help the magic, but not necessarily the clipps.

to me, JJ is a reputation shooter. you think he has a stroke from his days at duke. his percentages show otherwise. H2H, their stats are comparable.

Is Trey Thompkins really THAT bad that he can't take Cook's minutes?

I like cook when he's on but he hasn't been on all year.

lol @ kobe clearly going for 40 and
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
at laker fans at the game being happy when he got it even though they were down 11. Describes 99% of laker fans in a nutshell.

Originally Posted by erupt107th

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
at laker fans at the game being happy when he got it even though they were down 11. Describes 99% of laker fans in a nutshell.
If it wasn't for Kobe we would of lost by 20+ points. He did what he had to do whether you choose to believe it or not.
You're just mad because nobody on your roster could stop him. Dude was straight @%!$$!$@ on anyone you put on him in that second half so you're only comeback is that he was gunning for 40 and not the win.

Good game Mjshoefanatic. Hopefully it's better next time around. 

^^^^^
I was actually talking to my cousin (huge lakers fan) about that whole ordeal. I forgot how much I miss EGs man defense, he'd always get Kobe a hard time. Same can be said about CP3 and the Lakers guards, they definitely need an upgrade. How you going to put a rook on the best PG in the league? 
grin.gif

We have nobody else. Not taking anything away from CP3, but having a rookie guard him must of been a dream come true for him.

We get lit up by every teams opposing PG as it is, now with just Fisher and a Rookie it's going to get even worse smh.

Our weaknesses as a team have gotten even worse. Our bench has gotten worse, and so has our weakness at the PG position and people wonder why Kobe has to score so much.

Clippers are looking good though, before the game I was thinking to my self..... D-Fish and the rookie Morris VS CP3, Chauncey Billups and Mo Williams....oh brother. lol

Even tho Mo didn't play, it was still a massacre at that spot.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
If it wasn't for Kobe we would of lost by 20+ points. He did what he had to do whether you choose to believe it or not.
You're just mad because nobody on your roster could stop him. Dude was straight @%!$$!$@ on anyone you put on him in that second half so you're only comeback is that he was gunning for 40 and not the win.

Good game Mjshoefanatic. Hopefully it's better next time around. 

laugh.gif
you couldn't be any further from the truth. I was actually talking to another intern before the game and we both said we hoped kobe went for 40 as long as the clippers won. Unlike many clipper fans who are just Laker/Kobe haters, I actually really like kobe. I've only been able to see him play a handful of times and I've never seen him hit 40 before and he's close to the age where that might not happen as often so I applauded when he hit 40 since the game was pretty much ours by that time anyway.
roll.gif
at me being mad that Caron and Billups couldn't stop him. I'm sure VDN told the team lock up everyone else and let kobe get his 40+ and we win this game. And it worked.
But don't kid yourself, you think it's just a coincidence that Kobe has dropped 40+ 4 straight games? Even in the laker season thread I saw laker fans predicting that he was gonna shoot a ton against us to try to get 40. I didn't have a problem with kobe obviously gunning for 40, I thought it was silly for lakers fans at staples center last night cheering as if he hit a game winner when he got 40 even though we were up 11 with little time left. It just reaffirms most people's feelings about Laker kobe fans. As long as he gets his, they're ok. Not accusing you of that but it's clear from the ~9,000 fans last night that that's how most laker fans are and how most of NBA fans see you guys. I'm enjoying watching it every night as an NBA fan but if I were a Laker fan I would want more balance because that would lead to more success. 

Matter fact I have a text I sent the other intern when the game ended.

2iho76f.png

Yeah, I was furious! 
mad.gif

laugh.gif

Now you're making it seem like the Clippers had no intentions of defending Kobe. Obviously they want to stop everyone else, but the Clippers were def. trying to stop Kobe and they did a good job of defending him.

He went from 3 of 12 in the first half to shooting 50% from the field for the game with good defense. All the shots he took were contested.

I'm a huge Kobe fan and I'm happy he gets his, but I'm also a Laker fan and I was disgusted by the effort I saw by our bigs. The only reason I'm happy Kobe got his is because we lost.

At least he went out and tried to do his best to get us a W regardless of what any one else believes.

I'm happy he's getting 40 point games, but at the same time I already knew he wasn't done. Now those same people who thought he was old and done are looking at new way to knit pick what he's accomplishing at an individual level. Typical right? Not accusing you of that, just in general.

Anyways, I don't want to flood your guys thread with chat about Kobe.

Good win for you guys and it wasn't surprising to me at all that we lost.

Caron Butler is a stud!

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

laugh.gif
 at Mo and Cook. 

Yeah, that actually is pretty laughable.  I don't think I was really thinking it through too well when I suggested it.  Pretty much any trade proposal that has a team voluntarily taking Brian Cook is a big stretch. 

Anyway, after a very good week last week, time to start this one off with another W.  No let downs against NJ, even without CP and Mo.   

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
I believe CP, Mo and Cook will DNP for this matinee game so hopefully that means more Thompkins and possibly Leslie/Jones. 
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom