OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

Los Angeles Clippers @ Washington Wizards
/// February 4, 2012 /// (Photos)
Verizon Center - Washington, D.C.

iimgmedia2fgettyphoto2f.jpg

Spoiler [+]
138222631.jpg

174d88f544f1fd2db3a9d43.png

5961372.jpg

5960946.jpg

5961376.jpg

5961622.jpg

iimgmedia2fgettyphoto2fep.jpg

iimgmedia2fgettyphoto2fm.jpg

iimgmedia2fgettyphoto2fdg.jpg

iimgmedia2fgettyphoto2fg.jpg

5961692.jpg
5961350.jpg

020412550griffin.jpg

iimgmedia2fgettyphoto2fj.jpg

5961354.jpg

5960944.jpg

5961380.jpg

nba basketball, lob city,
chris paul, blake griffin, deandre jordan, chauncey billups, caron butler, mo williams, ryan gomes, randy foye, reggie evans, brian cook, trey thompkins, solomon jones, travis leslie,
john wall, javale mcgee, nick young, trevor booker, jordan crawford, rashard lewis, shelvin mack

Originally Posted by xtianp

Why don't you like "Don't-call-him-Earl" JR Smith?
As a player I don't mind him but I just don't think he's the right fit for what were doing. He needs his touches to be kept happy and I really don't think he could get as many touches as he's accustomed to plus I'd rather not have to watch him heave 10+ contested shots a game. In addition you have to think about the impact on our roster, were already 10-11 players deep in rotation you add him and how exactly do we spread the minutes & touches? Is Evans subjected to the bench? Do we leave Gomes hanging on the bench? He's already somewhat mentioned him being upset with his PT to possibly throw someone in front of him would just be disheartening. Also if we acquire JR who do we drop? solomon? cook? Although I'm not too high on both they've seem to gel in the locker room with the rest of the squad.
Are team has come together and it's reflecting in their play, to throw someone else in the mix after Kenyon especially who can be somewhat abrasive & immature as Smith has proved to be in past locker rooms could be detrimental to our team. Of course we could pick him up and he proves me totally wrong but I'd rather not find out
laugh.gif

& YBD good looking out 
pimp.gif

Please stay away from this Clipper team JR Smith.

His immaturity and lack of basketball knowledge will do nothing but send this team backwards.

Kenyon Martin joins the Clippers in Orlando
kenyonmartin1202051.jpg

Spoiler [+]
kenyon-martin-120205-2.jpg

kenyon-martin-120205-3.jpg

kenyonmartin1202054.jpg

kenyon-martin-120205-5.jpg

kenyonmartin1202056.jpg

kenyonmartin1202058.jpg

kenyon-martin-120205-9.jpg

kenyonmartin1202057.jpg

january 5, 2012 - los angeles clippers

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Clippers looking scary with the addition of Kenyon
pimp.gif

And please get well soon chauncey
Just think what will happen if we stack JR...
Our bench could be one of the deepest in the league with Mo, JR and Kenyon 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

P.S. OP, could you put the record in the thread title? 15-7.

Another great win. Yes, we almost blew it, but props to the team for pulling it out after going down by 4 in OT. Big shots by Caron and CP3. Loved Reggie Evans game tonight too. Played very hard D and had a couple big buckets. Only bad news from the game is Billups. I'm hoping its only a short term thing because I think we're deep enough at guard to handle that -- figers are crossed.

Man, how times have changed. Four road wins in a row? Last year it looked doubtful we would get 4 road wins all season.

And @ IHeartBoost -- I got you. I'll start putting the record in the thread title.

Like lawdog said, GREAT W.

I was watching CP3 shoot free throws and it sorta just dawned on my that we have him. It's surreal to me. CP3 in the 4th has been nothing but amazing.

A few questions going in to cleveland though...

Who will step up in the absence of Billups? Will we see the debut of K-Mart? Does Bledsoe make it back to the roster? Who do we drop if we do pick up JR Smith?

Originally Posted by xtianp

Who will step up in the absence of Billups? Will we see the debut of K-Mart? Does Bledsoe make it back to the roster? Who do we drop if we do pick up JR Smith?

Mo will definitely step-up in the absence of Billups. He's ready for it considering how he prepared himself during the offseason. And of course Foye's role/minutes will expand a bit. I really hope Chauncey is ok though
ohwell.gif

About K-Mart, Ralph mentioned that he will debut sometime during the current road trip, but wasn't specific on which game.

Solomon Jones will definitely be dropped if we happened to pick up JR. (Although I'm not too thrilled about the possibility of picking him up.)

Times have definitely changed when we have players actually wanting to sign with us, and having traded players actually being upset that they were traded from us.  It definitely wasn't like that before.

I missed the game last night, glad to see we took home the w!
Truly sad about Chauncey hope it's nothing major but i was reading around this morning and a few speculations are saying it's possibly a ruptured achilles which would be brutal not only for us to lose him for the season but for this to possibly be a career ender 
frown.gif
 I'm remaining optimistic though. 

Time for Foye & Mo to do their thing... Bledsoe will join in due time once he's 100% 

Definitely hyped for the K.Mart debut, I'm hyped to see him in portland 
pimp.gif

Freaking Clipper injury curse came back last night big time! I hope it's not for the worst but I have a feeling Billups is done for the year. TERRIBLE!

Unfortunately, I'm not optimistic on Chauncey at all. At least for this season. They're saying the MRI results should come out this afternoon.

If Billups out for the long haul, I think Mo and Foye can hold down the SG spot for a while, but we'll eventually need to add someone. I'd rather it not be JR Smith, but I wouldn't object if we ended up signing him. Mo is too small and Foye is too inconsistent for the two of them to be the answer at SG in the playoffs.

Oh, and Solmon Jones was waived today. No surprise there.

I feel for Billups - good guy, great player. That's a tough injury to come back from, 8 months of rehab

luckily for the Clips, they have Foye, Mo and Bledsoe

JR Smith will probably slide right into that SG position soon

What a big blow for the team but I still believe we have the pieces to make a strong run, somebody just has to step up each game since the starting 5 have been pretty solid this year.

EXTRA bummed on that news about Chauncey. i oh so wanted to see what him and CP3 could do on the floor together.

Back
Top Bottom