OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

sorry about the Chauncey loss guys. thats my dude. hate to see his season end like this. i thought he was a great compliment to cp3 for yall. looks like we'll be losing jr smith, because i'm sure you guys will make a huge push to scoop him up.

^^^ I'm not so sure Smith is going to be coming here. Word is that he's going to want more money that we can give him, which is just the vet's minimum. There's other teams out there that can give him more $ and offer him the same kind of playing time we can. I kind of like the idea trying to get Courtney Lee from the Rockets, who I hear is available. Maybe the Rockets would take one of the trade exceptions we have.

frown.gif
 I feel so bad for you guys....

Lawdog has there been rumors of Courtney lee joining us? I won't even be mad about that pickup pending the terms...

We've still got the pieces to make a run so it's not over just yet!

Originally Posted by JCity

Lawdog has there been rumors of Courtney lee joining us? I won't even be mad about that pickup pending the terms...

We've still got the pieces to make a run so it's not over just yet!
No, no rumors that I'm aware of.  But, after the Billups news was released, one of the writers that follows the Clippers threw out that he know that the Rockets are making Lee available for trade.  The writer didn't suggest it was someting that the Clippers were pursuing though. 

I gotta say that I'm a little nervous about the game tonight.  The Cavs record isn't great, but they play hard and usually keep games close.  That, along with the fact that I can our team being in a little bit of a funk because of the Billups news, makes me see this as kind of a trap game.  Hope I'm wrong.

chauncey was a big time solid player... above average shooter/smart/clutch... BIG LOSS IMO

I was really hoping we would come together make this a statement game. But nope we fell hard. I hope we regroup and show that Chauncey was important but its not what made this team.

Really could've used Chauncey last night in CLE.
tired.gif

Great to see KMart productive in limited min tho'
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

btw I'd take C.Lee in a heartbeat!
eek.gif

Told y'all I had a bad feeling about the Cleveland game. Oh well, I'm just going to chalk it up as the result of a post-Billups news hangover (and a horrible game by Mo) and fully expect the team to bounce back against Philly.

K-Mart looked good in limited minutes. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him

Deandre got snubbed...

As for the lost last night I think you may be right law, hopefully everyone felt out their roles last night and will be ready for Philly, that game is gonna be a straight up battle

slow as hell in here... we've got a tight one in philly right now, looks like Mo's showing up for us!

Nice bounce back win tonight. I know it wasn't pretty, but I'll take any road win against a quality team. CP3, man, what a closer. Also nice to see Mo make a solid contribution after a pretty bad game against the Cavs. On to Charlotte, which hopefully will be a lot easier.

And added bonus, the Lakers fell victim to Linsanity, so we picked up a game on them.

Originally Posted by jonathan79936

Do you all think that the clippers are still a contender to win the west even without billups
Too early too tell.  I have to see a few more games to decide.  Based on the last two performances, I have my doubts.  But if Bledsoe can come back and contribute at a high level, maybe.  

Originally Posted by JCity

slow as hell in here... we've got a tight one in philly right now, looks like Mo's showing up for us!

my bad got off work late but watching the replay rt now. CP3
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Watched the replay....

I'll say it again, Reggie Evans was such a great pickup. Evans and K-Mart played great defense down the stretch.

I might be the only one who feels this way, but I feel for Gomes
ohwell.gif
. Great guy, but he's not helping at all. He would've cost us the game if it wasn't for CP3's game-winner. (I still have no idea why he was in the game to begin with.)

Anyways, Let's get a win in Charlotte tonight
pimp.gif

been saying this for awhile but Gomes/Cook need to go to add depth @ that wing position.

Should be a competitive game tonight even though the Jordan 'Cats stink!

Yeah, the Bobcats are awful, but we sometimes play down to the level of our competition. I'm hoping we handle them easily like we did the Wiz, but am not counting on it by any means. I expect both CP and Blake to have big games. If only they have big games, it should be enough to win. But if Butler and Mo and maybe even Foye have good performances, it should be a blow out.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

been saying this for awhile but Gomes/Cook need to go to add depth @ that wing position.

I feel the same. Everyone's worried about who's gonna replace Chauncey but we are stacked at the guard position. SUPER thin at the SF. Caron was a solid pickup but when he's not in it's chaos.

Originally Posted by xtianp

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

I feel the same. Everyone's worried about who's gonna replace Chauncey but we are stacked at the guard position. SUPER thin at the SF. Caron was a solid pickup but when he's not in it's chaos.
Yeah, even without Chauncey, if Butler is out, I'm more comfortable having any combination of 3 guard line-up in than having Gomes anywhere near the floor.  Shame too because I really thought Gomes had a chance to be decent in a back-up role this year.  He's been terrible though.  

Back
Top Bottom