OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

I really hope Dirk doesn't make it, he hasn't done anything this season. At least Duncan is still putting up numbers and game winning shots this season. Aldridge better get the nod over those two.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

157a8181-aaac-41fb-a3ab-e0989dd688f8.jpg

DJ has a chance regardless of what numbers little bro is putting up.

naw he wont make it. not even a chance... love, aldridge, gasol.... those guys will be the back up bigs. 8 and 8 isnt enough. signing that big contract will hurt his chances as well
he leads the league in blocks yet he doesn't have a chance? get outta here haha... 

pau gasol is listed as a pf/c... and last year duncan magically turned into a center...

you are right tho they need atkeast one center in the reserves. jordan just doesnt have the stats to make it..

Originally Posted by RFX45

I'd put Nene & Jefferson into the mix as well and both has better team record than the Memphis right now.

Denver, Memphis and Utah are not above us in the standings tho jacc!
nerd.gif

I really hope Dirk doesn't make it, he hasn't done anything this season. At least Duncan is still putting up numbers and game winning shots this season. Aldridge better get the nod over those two.

eyes.gif
@ that out of shape euro bum.

pau gasol is listed as a pf/c... and last year duncan magically turned into a center...

you are right tho they need atkeast one center in the reserves. jordan just doesnt have the stats to make it..

8ppg 8rpg 3bpg
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

Dirk has no shot. It's the coaches that select the reserves, and these coach won't do that.

tim duncan made it last year and he didnt deserve it...

8ppg 8rpg 3bpg
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
thank you. I just don't understand how you can continue to look over his big as well as rebounds those are damn near the foundations of a successful big, grab boards & protect the paint which he does both fairly well.. 
it'll be interesting for sure, was I a little premature in giving him an asg nod? yeah but i really can not see him not making that roster..

Originally Posted by xtianp

Watched the first quarter at work and got in my car only to hear the Clippers down by 15. What in the world happened?!

fatigue and brian cook
sick.gif
Exactly.  The starters just looked dead out there and the bench was horrible except for Foye and especially Cook.  Cook - SMH - how you going to be a supposed "shooter" and be hitting 15%? 

But last night's loss tasts a little better now that I heard about the K-Mart signing.  Great news.  Our back up bigs just went from pretty bad to very solid. 

Just signed Kenyon Martin

Report: Clippers, Kenyon Martin agree on deal

PUBLISHED 50 minutes and 41 seconds ago

Sporting News
Text size
A
A
A
The Los Angeles Clippers and forward Kenyon Martin, cleared by FIBA to return to the NBA after a stint with the Chinese Basketball Association, have agreed on a deal that will be finalized once Martin passes a physical, according to multiple reports.

The deal, first reported by the Los Angeles Times, is reportedly for the $2.5 million "mini-midlevel" exception.

FIBA cleared Kenyon Martin to return to the NBA on Thursday. (AP Photo)
Martin, 34, averaged 8.6 points and 6.2 rebounds last season with the Denver Nuggets. He reportedly chose the Clippers, who lack frontcourt depth behind Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan, over the Miami Heat, Atlanta Hawks and New York Knicks.

The news comes in the wake of a report by Yahoo! Sports that CBA officials are fighting FIBA’s decision and demanding that Martin be forbidden to play until later this month, and while Friday's reported deal doesn't change that, a source told Yahoo! that "no one has stopped forward motion (in NBA) yet."

FIBA, as per its rules, cleared Martin to return after after his request went seven days without a response. CBA officials, according to Yahoo!, are insisting the request was deliberately sent to their office over the New Year when they wouldn’t be available to respond.

Martin's former team, the Xinjiang Guanghui Flying Tigers, have six games left and are not currently in playoff position. Their final regular-season game is Feb. 16.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.c...eat-knicks#ixzz1lLldisUX

I'd put Nene & Jefferson into the mix as well and both has better team record than the Memphis right now.

Denver, Memphis and Utah are not above us in the standings tho jacc!
nerd.gif

I know but I was just pointing out that because you said Gasol is the only other C in consideration but both Nene and Al are doing well with better record than Memphis. I still hope DJ makes it though.
And percentage-wise, Denver actually has a better standing, their second in the western conference right now because they have 2 more wins than the Clips and the same number of loses.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Ben Baller sighting last night during the denver vs clippers game??
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Yah I saw that, he was standing behind George Karl right before halftime. 

I don't know if ya'll recall but I been a supporter of the Clips since Griffin been on board. (Last year team post; not many posts
laugh.gif
but i'm there)

I just always liked Blake since I seen him in college. He's been one of my favorite players since he was drafted.

Other then that I was always drooling over the Chris Paul in a NY jersey thought.
30t6p3b.gif

But I'm here with ya'll on the WEST.

meant to post this the other day

Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Clippers
/// February 2, 2012 /// (Photos)
Staples Center - Los Angeles, California

denlac-120202-2.jpg

Spoiler [+]
denlac-120202-1.jpg

b3a947bbb039631d8e55f827aef39d4c-getty-138123406.jpg

13eedd8a479e593ba7534cb.jpg

denlac-120202-5.jpg

c9f1b12203470b7a0d4db9091e03f68e-getty-138117475.jpg

f8a531d6a19e9093efd9df31b3c6b8b1-getty-138126775.jpg

05755acdcb25f51e13f91a8.jpg

3d82095becdfb25e37e4dae421c42a70-getty-138126823.jpg

f97d8cc81632398c98012376a5c942be-getty-138126833.jpg

denlac-120202-8.jpg

ad00430a4e620f7dc0437ff.jpg

denlac-120202-3.jpg

denlac-120202-6.jpg

ap-201202030035021316472.jpg
ap-201202030035021316474.jpg

1f197ddc782987949bac8a453c8aa446-getty-138126809.jpg

1d7b084d557555a9be04d9bb02983d9f-getty-138123626.jpg

bbfc6d8859c5a9b472c0233.jpg

denlac-120202-9.jpg

celebrities watching the game courtside

Rihanna
x999s.jpg

8e44a6d72b7758db871fd16.jpg

ap201202030053032356526.jpg
ap201202030053032356527.jpg

Don Cheadle
27a2b9ae03c00006853d209.jpg

NBA basketball in attendence

Clippers set sights on signing J.R. Smith
Reporting from Washington— The Clippers, still not done dealing after signing Kenyon Martin on Friday, will pursue guard J.R. Smith after the team he plays on in the Chinese Basketball Assn. finishes its season and he becomes eligible to play in the NBA, said a person not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

The Clippers aren't getting enough production off the bench behind small forward Caron Butler and feel as if Smith can provide the team with a big scoring punch at the position, the person said.

Smith, a 6-6 wing player, averaged 12.5 points on 42.8% shooting, including 37.1% from three-point range, during his seven-year NBA career with New Orleans and Denver.

He would be an unrestricted free agent that the Clippers could sign to the mini-mid-level exception of $2.5 million, or for the veteran minimum of about $1 million.

Under the CBA rules, Smith still can't return to the NBA until his Zhejiang Golden Bulls team's season is over. If the Golden Bulls miss the playoffs, it could open the door for Smith to return to the NBA by the All-Star weekend, Feb. 25-26.

The New York Knicks and Lakers reportedly also have interest in Smith.

But the Clippers like their chances because Smith played withChris Paul in New Orleans and with Chauncey Billups and Martin in Denver.

The Clippers have a 15-man roster and would have to waive a player to make room for Smith.
http://www.latimes.com/sp...-20120205,0,113716.story

I missed the game against the wizards seems like we did pretty solid granted it's dc but meh a wins a win 
pimp.gif

and I beg you please don't bring J.R.'s as over here!!!

Why don't you like "Don't-call-him-Earl" JR Smith?

Anyways, does anyone know where they track who leads the league in alley-oops? I know the Clippers were trailing the Lakers but I want to know how much more they're up on us.

I think this is where we define whether we can make noise in the playoffs. The next 14/18 games away from Staples and we've been known to be terrible away from home. Destroying the Wizards was a must to rest the starters and send a message to the rest of the league. Let's see how well we do on the road...

^^^ Yeah, as much as I think we need more scoring from the second unit, I am not a big J.R. Smith fan. I guess the team thinks that CP3 and Chauncey will be able to keep him reigned in. We'll see.

But as for yesterday, that game was such a blow out I didn't even watch all of it. The Wiz are pretty bad, so I'll be much more impressed if the team follows yesterday's W up with another one in Orlando.

Back
Top Bottom