OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

Acquiring Billups/Butler and matching that offer sheet GSDUBS gave DJ
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

ice-cube-it-was-a-good-day-o.gif

It might just be the hate I have for Chauncy but I'm not too thrilled about that move. Especially if he's not happy with it.

I hear we're talking to NO about CP again and I'm hoping this chauncy move was to include Mo (another expiring contract) and take back Okafor.

Even tho Okafor's contract is terrible I still think it'll be worth it.

CP3/Chauncy
EJ/Foye
Caron/Gomes
Blake/Okafor/Rhino
DJ/Okafor

That gives us a solid big Defender off the bench. We would still need to sure up the SG and SF positions with a vet or a knockdown shooter to come off the bench (I personally don't mind Gomes but I know a lot of clipper fans hate him
laugh.gif
)

I have a hard time believing Chauncy will be happy coming off the bench tho.

If we cave in and give up EJ I'll lose my mind
30t6p3b.gif

Well my emotions are going up and down. But I just hope we dont give everything up just to land CP3.

chauncy will come. trust.

LA is about a 2-3 hour plane ride to denver where he's still got his peoples.
and being in LA isnt like going to NO. or POR. lol. and i mean griffin, mo... he knows those dudes and their skills.
i think he's gonna get it on. cause he know's he'll be a big dog/leader of the pack cause of his ring and mvp and everyone will respect him cause he's done did it.
Its lookin like it might be a lakers/clippers 2nd rd or wcf this year. lol.
I wouldnt be surprised if clips win it all. Griffin got all he need around him now.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

if this thread increases by a few pages tomorrow i'll know why.

as a laker fan i'll be dissapointed they didn't get him but as a basketball fan i'll make it to a few games at staples to see blake and cp3. it's going to be crazy how this fickle sports town we live in as going to have alot of new clipper fans if they get chris paul.

that said, much respect to all the long time clipper fans who stuck with that team year in year out, if they get him hopefully sterling doesn't get in the way of messing up what has the potential to be a very good team if he stays outta the way and shuts his mouth,
No disappointment for you, since it looks like David Stern killed the Paul-to-the-Clippers deal, but in a different way.  With the Clips, he set the asking price so high that the deal could never get done in the first place.  

Crazily, I'm now hearing the Clippers got Chauncey Billup's rights by putting in a waiver bid.  If true that's cool, provided he decides to show up to play. 

at this point if im the clippers im telling stern and company to go screw themselves.   if they want to play games let them play games.

the lakers offer was more then fair considering the situation

the clippers offer was more then fair considering the situation.

neither team should've had to offer more or change their trade proposal in the first place.   chris paul is going to leave that team in the offseason if he doesn't get traded,  normally that means  the team losing their star player has no leverage whatsoever and takes the best 20 cent on the dollar deal they can get.

if im the lakers or clippers im backing out of the deal, letting the trade deadline approach and lowballing stern.  he had his chance to get a decent trade from 2 different teams when he shouldn't be getting that much from either team in the first place given the circumstance where chris paul is going to leave one way or another.

Got my first internship task today
pimp.gif

If anyone is interested in purchasing tickets to any of these games PM me.

·         Sunday, January 1[sup]st[/sup] at 6:30 pm vs. Portland

·         Wednesday, January 4[sup]th[/sup] at 7:30 pm vs. Houston

·         Saturday, January 7[sup]th[/sup] at 7:30 pm vs. Milwaukee

·         Monday, January 16[sup]th[/sup] at 12:30 pm vs. New Jersey Nets

·         Friday, January 20[sup]th[/sup] at 7:30 pm vs. Minnesota

·         Sunday, January 22[sup]nd[/sup] at 12:30 pm vs. Toronto

·         Thursday, January 26[sup]th[/sup] at 7:30 pm vs. Memphis

You can use my link 

PROMO Code is : CLIPPERS

Also, I've been told these tickets do not have those annoying added fees that Ticketmaster always adds on.

ya'll ok with giving Jordan 10 mill a year? I know decent big men are scarce..but geez. Chandler, 14/yr, Jordan 10/yr, Kwame Brown 7/yr.

Being a big man sure is nice.

^^^ Depends on who you ask.  There are some "sources" out there that are saying that the CP3 talks are still pretty serious.  Others say the Clippers are ready to move on.  I honestly don't know what to think anymore. 

*takes note of names who have posted so far, and thread size at this time, on this date*

Wow. congrats.
Gordon was sick though

Now you got 4 PGs and no backup center

I'm sure Mo will be traded for a big pretty soon.

CP3 throwing lobs to Blake and Jordan gonna be fun to watch

EDIT: and the Clips need a starting SG with Gordon gone.  Foye won't cut it.

damn my condolences to you guys. clippers stay doing dumb things. i rather have eric gordon than cp3 on this team. thats just my opinion. and you guys had the minny pick. in sterling you guys trust? hell naw lol

^ 2 years? Contracts mean nothing in sports anymore. Players demand trades all the time while still under contract. Word to… well, word to CP3.
laugh.gif

I'll definitely be surprised if he plays two years there.

Not going to lie: I'll be surprised if he's an active Clipper when the season ends.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ 2 years? Contracts mean nothing in sports anymore. Players demand trades all the time while still under contract. Word to… well, word to CP3.
laugh.gif

I'll definitely be surprised if he plays two years there.

Not going to lie: I'll be surprised if he's an active Clipper when the season ends.

woah woah woah? this seasons end? i dont think that will happen.
the clippers just gave up gordon and the minny pick. all that for nothing?

I thought I read somewhere that CP3 would sign to a 1-yr extension if he is sent to the Clippers so he would play at least two-years with them?

Now they just need a SG and a back-up center.

The team was fine before this. They just filled a big whole at PG(Billups) and at SF(Caron) this offseason.
 Now they got a massive hole at SG and  add the fact that Billups wont be happy coming off the bench
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom