OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

So where does Mo Williams get shipped to? Front court depth and a starting SG are necessities if they want to be a legit contender.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Addict4Sneakers wrote:
and who isn't an injury away from 9th place?

Miami, Chicago, Dallas, OKCm NYK and to some extent maybe even the Lakers.
It depends who gets hurt but Miami can manage w/o one of the big 3, Dallas will be in the playoffs as long as it's Dirk that isn't injured, same with OKC as long as Durant is intact.

Lakers should be able to mange since Bynum has practically been gone the past 3-4 years.

With the Clips, if Griffin or CP3 goes down, both with history of season ending injury ant they are somewhat screwed. Who will carry the team? Butler? Jordan? Billups? Keep in mind, the Clips weren't even a playoff team last year and I predict they'll be this year but it's a stretch to think they are fine w/o making any more moves.

that's all that really matters.

clipps have 2 players who are in the top 5 at their position and some nice parts around them. do they need depth? yes. they are under the cap still

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by StillAtIt

So where does Mo Williams get shipped to? Front court depth and a starting SG are necessities if they want to be a legit contender.

Amneties, hopefully.
I doubt it. He still has some value. And waiving him with the amnesty clause isn't gonna get them enough money to steal Afflalo away. Young maybe, but he wouldn't be worth the money it would cost to make Washington not match.
Maybe you try to swing Mo + fillers + whatever picks are left for Young and sign Pryzbilla or Troy Murphy as a backup C.

I just don't like Mo Williams so I want him gone. Plus I really would rather see Bledsoe back-up CP3 to develop. He showed flashes of it last year, hopefully that's just a start.

I ain't even seen half of the people posting in here pre-Griffin era...

whatevs...still having totally mixed emotions about this trade. I will weigh in more when I get home...

We gave up EJ :-/

What kills me is the same lames that said EJ wasnt top 10 and our offer was terrible before are now saying we gave up way too much
laugh.gif

We gave up too much UNLESS he stays longterm.

Laker fans in here trolling already. What a shocker
laugh.gif
BTW we sold so many tickets today that my link doesnt work
laugh.gif
we have to

eh congrats clippers and the loyal fanbase deserves having something like this to look forward to.

i still think they gave up too much and the lakers inital offer was too much as well but cp3 to blake will be fun to watch.

only thing im not looking forward to are all the brand new casual basketball watchers in so cal who will become "long time clipper fans" yet will look confused when i say the names ken norman, loy vaughn, and danny manning, hell even the name elton brand might confuse some of them.

but to the long time fanbase congrats.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

eh congrats clippers and the loyal fanbase deserves having something like this to look forward to.

i still think they gave up too much and the lakers inital offer was too much as well but cp3 to blake will be fun to watch.

only thing im not looking forward to are all the brand new casual basketball watchers in so cal who will become "long time clipper fans" yet will look confused when i say the names ken norman, loy vaughn Vaught, and danny manning, hell even the name elton brand might confuse some of them.

Might as well add bo kimble, ken bannister, norm nixon, ron harper, charles smith, and gary grant to further confuse the new bandwagoners
laugh.gif

Can't wait to see DRose vs. CP3 in person on the 30th
pimp.gif

I hope Ralph Lawler doesn't die of excitement while calling a game....

lawlers law, first to 100 wins lmao.

lakers clippers in the 2nd round. do it cp3 and to a much lesser extent fisher

me oh my

Not sure if it was Ralph Lawler or Michael Smith, but one of them used to always say that Chris Paul was their favorite NBA player on-air during broadcasts, before they got Blake Griffin.

Finally a good day being a clippers fan. All of the sudden my phone blew up. I think we risked it all but thats the only way to get to the top. I still think they gave up to much but at least it wasnt to save money but to win now.

Surprise, surprise. This thread jumped three pages in one day -- probably just a few hours. Oh well, I'll gladly trade the problem of dealing with a few new fans for the situation the team is in right now. I would have preferred that we got CP3 without having to give up EJ, but it is Chris Paul. He was my favorite non-Clipper player for years and now he's on my favorite team. Hard for me to complain about that. Can't wait to see how all these pieces come together.

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

only thing im not looking forward to are all the brand new casual basketball watchers in so cal who will become "long time clipper fans" yet will look confused when i say the names ken norman, loy vaughn Vaught, and danny manning, hell even the name elton brand might confuse some of them.

Might as well add bo kimble, ken bannister, norm nixon, ron harper, charles smith, and gary grant to further confuse the new bandwagoners
laugh.gif

Can't wait to see DRose vs. CP3 in person on the 30th
pimp.gif

I hope Ralph Lawler doesn't die of excitement while calling a game....

LOL how bout piatkowski, lamond murray, pooh richardson, malik sealy, James Hollywood Robinson, terry dehere, Benoit Benjamin, Stanley Roberts, John Williams,

I'm not even a fan (obviously) but this shirt goes hard:

uahrn.jpg

*Edit: Clipper Darrell must be going HAM right now:

The X factor on the team right now is Caron..If he plays as good as he did before injury, that's a great starting 5..If he has a subpar season, it'll effect the team very much. Even though I didn't like Billups on the Knicks, dude is more than capable of hitting 3 pointers, especially if he doesn't have to play PG. The biggest thing about Billups is he's a veteran with a ring so he knows what it takes to grind out long seasons for that title. He can mentor CP3 (not that he needs it, but it won't hurt) and help him polish his game a bit. The team is much better than it was before but just like the Knicks with just Melo n Amare, you'll still need a piece or 2 to make that a concrete roster. Best of luck to you guys..As a Knicks fan, I've dealt with a lot of losing seasons so I'm glad we're both out of that period
pimp.gif

where can i cop that LA lob city tee from.

wish we could have kept EJ tho. def excited for the season to start !!

Back
Top Bottom