Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Heat fans thinking their 3 point shooting and bench is gonna be this good in Texas. LOL

JJ Barea Gonna light that %$# up in game 3.

Yes JJ Barea will go off and yes I'm quoting myself.

No wonder you temp banned.
pimp.gif

From the begining of the Season to now i feel like Spolestra has done a great job, its not easy to get a team with that much talent to play together, and the team is only getting better. The offense will get better, but at this point its hard to work on new ideas and schemes, go with whats been doing it for u, playn d fense. The heats only lack at 2 positions, point guard and center, once those are taken care of, it's over.

From the begining of the Season to now i feel like Spolestra has done a great job, its not easy to get a team with that much talent to play together, and the team is only getting better. The offense will get better, but at this point its hard to work on new ideas and schemes, go with whats been doing it for u, playn d fense. The heats only lack at 2 positions, point guard and center, once those are taken care of, it's over.

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I could coach that Heat team...
laugh.gif

The dude's rotation is Haslem/Chalmers. I could think of that...
laugh.gif

The dude draws up how many plays?

He's not that good, it's just the Heat players are.

Cmon now.

It's not just the rotation he decides on, or the specific plays he calls during the games. If that was all there was to coaching, any highschool coach would be able to do his job.

Its all the things that he's implemented that got Miami to this point. The habits created at the beginning of the season, the philosophy and scheme that he has to get the players to buy into. Miami is winning the title based off their DEFENSE, not what plays they run out of timeouts. You think you could have taught them that?
laugh.gif

At this level, coaching is more about managing egos and getting everyone to buy into the scheme and come together (which I would say Spo has done an excellent job at, given how scrutinized this team was during the regular season) than actual X's & O's. And nothing shows how successful a coach is at doing this than how the team plays on defense, where everyone has to work together as a unit for it to be effective. Defensive breakdowns are the first thing to pop up when a team isn't unified (i.e. this year's Lakers).

Based on your logic, anyone could have 11 rings if they coached MJ/Scottie/Shaq/Kobe right?
laugh.gif
Spo coulda.
grin.gif

I'm one of the huge Phil detractors, so don't get me started.
laugh.gif

This would be a good defensive team even if it weren't for Spo..

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Cmon now.

It's not just the rotation he decides on, or the specific plays he calls during the games. If that was all there was to coaching, any highschool coach would be able to do his job.

Its all the things that he's implemented that got Miami to this point. The habits created at the beginning of the season, the philosophy and scheme that he has to get the players to buy into. Miami is winning the title based off their DEFENSE, not what plays they run out of timeouts. You think you could have taught them that?
laugh.gif

At this level, coaching is more about managing egos and getting everyone to buy into the scheme and come together (which I would say Spo has done an excellent job at, given how scrutinized this team was during the regular season) than actual X's & O's. And nothing shows how successful a coach is at doing this than how the team plays on defense, where everyone has to work together as a unit for it to be effective. Defensive breakdowns are the first thing to pop up when a team isn't unified (i.e. this year's Lakers).

Based on your logic, anyone could have 11 rings if they coached MJ/Scottie/Shaq/Kobe right?
laugh.gif
Spo coulda.
grin.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Cmon now.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Spo coulda.
grin.gif

laugh.gif

But this isn't a good defensive team, they're a GREAT defensive team. You heard what Dirk said.

Coaching a group of (true) superstars is more about managing people and getting them to respect you enough to follow your lead. It's unlike any other coaching job, because if they don't buy it, its the Coach canned, not the player. So even though they're supposed to be the person with authority, that doesn't automatically come with the job description, like most Boss-Employee relationships. The Coach has to truly EARN the superstar's trust, which is a big reason why so few coaches have been able to successfully manage them. Spo has earned Wade's trust over the years so it's helped his transition greatly this year

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Cmon now.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Spo coulda.
grin.gif

laugh.gif

But this isn't a good defensive team, they're a GREAT defensive team. You heard what Dirk said.

Coaching a group of (true) superstars is more about managing people and getting them to respect you enough to follow your lead. It's unlike any other coaching job, because if they don't buy it, its the Coach canned, not the player. So even though they're supposed to be the person with authority, that doesn't automatically come with the job description, like most Boss-Employee relationships. The Coach has to truly EARN the superstar's trust, which is a big reason why so few coaches have been able to successfully manage them. Spo has earned Wade's trust over the years so it's helped his transition greatly this year

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Didn't work for the Lakers or OKC ain't gonna work for these lames either.
you too pimpin.

Shut Up, and sit down, the series is 2-1. Stop acting like it's 3-0.
Naw, im good. 1-1 apparently is a great time to celebrate so

i'll take my team being up 2-1 in an NBA Finals for the first time ever

as equally great time.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Didn't work for the Lakers or OKC ain't gonna work for these lames either.
you too pimpin.

Shut Up, and sit down, the series is 2-1. Stop acting like it's 3-0.
Naw, im good. 1-1 apparently is a great time to celebrate so

i'll take my team being up 2-1 in an NBA Finals for the first time ever

as equally great time.

Originally Posted by Icecixz

Originally Posted by DubA169

Bron hasn't had more than 25 points in a finals game. the heat haven't blown anyone out. so i don't know why you think that

I dont know why you think it could NOT happen though.
Because the Mavs dont get blown out. The only had like one loss by 20 points or more all season. Dallas doesnt blow anyone out, and they dont get blown out.

Originally Posted by Icecixz

Originally Posted by DubA169

Bron hasn't had more than 25 points in a finals game. the heat haven't blown anyone out. so i don't know why you think that

I dont know why you think it could NOT happen though.
Because the Mavs dont get blown out. The only had like one loss by 20 points or more all season. Dallas doesnt blow anyone out, and they dont get blown out.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

must win tonight

i dont think i have the heart to watch the game
You are a true mavs fan...NO HEART.
laugh.gif

yep, i lack faith 
i have 99 ways to get myself banned tho and I am already prepping 

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

must win tonight

i dont think i have the heart to watch the game
You are a true mavs fan...NO HEART.
laugh.gif

yep, i lack faith 
i have 99 ways to get myself banned tho and I am already prepping 

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

A lot get blamed on the Big 3 but Spo got exposed in game 2 when he couldn't make any good adjustments on offense in the last 6 minutes for them to get better shots. How many times you gotta watch the shot clock run down and a bad 3 jacked up?
You do realize that Wade/Lebron ignore a lot of play calls at times and end up just going ISO and taking 'hero shots' right? I wouldn't put that all on Spo. No one was taking it to the rim those last 6 minutes. That's not on the coach. That's on the players.
That's a failing on the coach then. You call a play as the coach and two guys on the floor consistently ignore it or break the play just so they can continue to miss by taking bad shots? If they're gonna lose he should've pulled a Pop and benched LeBron and Wade and run the offense through Bosh.

He definitely takes blame for watching that happen for 6 minutes and all he can do is call time out and just spout some bs to motivate them. I mean at least let me know why they were running down the clock on every possession like there was only 2 minutes left.  When half of the 4th is left and you gotta 15 pt lead and you lose it the coach has to take blame. Yes the players seemed to get tentative but after a time out that's when he's suppose to make sure they run a play.

Not saying he's been horrible thus far in the series or the post season but game 2 was a brain fart on his part, just dropped the ball. Other than that he's been okay given what he has to work with.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

A lot get blamed on the Big 3 but Spo got exposed in game 2 when he couldn't make any good adjustments on offense in the last 6 minutes for them to get better shots. How many times you gotta watch the shot clock run down and a bad 3 jacked up?
You do realize that Wade/Lebron ignore a lot of play calls at times and end up just going ISO and taking 'hero shots' right? I wouldn't put that all on Spo. No one was taking it to the rim those last 6 minutes. That's not on the coach. That's on the players.
That's a failing on the coach then. You call a play as the coach and two guys on the floor consistently ignore it or break the play just so they can continue to miss by taking bad shots? If they're gonna lose he should've pulled a Pop and benched LeBron and Wade and run the offense through Bosh.

He definitely takes blame for watching that happen for 6 minutes and all he can do is call time out and just spout some bs to motivate them. I mean at least let me know why they were running down the clock on every possession like there was only 2 minutes left.  When half of the 4th is left and you gotta 15 pt lead and you lose it the coach has to take blame. Yes the players seemed to get tentative but after a time out that's when he's suppose to make sure they run a play.

Not saying he's been horrible thus far in the series or the post season but game 2 was a brain fart on his part, just dropped the ball. Other than that he's been okay given what he has to work with.

Back
Top Bottom