Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Do we need an official Giants fan list? 
laugh.gif

Or are we not worried about possible bandwagoners.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

laugh.gif

Haha, I am no longer worried. They don't show up till the last 1/4th of the season.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

laugh.gif

Haha, I am no longer worried. They don't show up till the last 1/4th of the season.
laugh.gif

I really hope this isn't going to be a repeat of the 49ers' season. High expectation and then ...

I really hope this isn't going to be a repeat of the 49ers' season. High expectation and then ...

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

There is no way in hell Huff is matching last years numbers, there's no real way around that.
I really dont understand why EVERYONE seems to be saying this.  Can someone explain why people everywhere seem to agree that he wont come close to duplicating his 2010 numbers (.290 BA, 26 HRs, 86 RBI)?  
People act as if Huff had a super career year in 2010, and put up some obscene numbers or something.  His last 3 year averages are .280 BA, 24 HR and 93 RBI.....and that includes his poor 2009 numbers which everyone just assumed were a reflection of him getting old and losing skill rather than just being a down year.  His last 3 year average is also right in line with his career average as well.  I think everyone is focusing too much on his down 2009 and not looking at his entire career (which is very underrated I might add).  Aubrey has been a beast since he started getting regular playing time and has always put up very good numbers.  In his 7 of his 11 seasons of seeing regular playing time, he hit 20+ homeruns.  If he hovers around his career averages in 2011, I am perfectly fine with that.  

I am not saying that there is ZERO chance that he regresses back to 2009 form, but I wouldnt count on it.  He may have slightly worse numbers in 2011 than he did last year.  But why is everyone making his 2010 out to be some astronomical season that he cant repeat is beyond me.  I think its a reflection of Aubrey playing for crap teams and people really not having the exposure to him.  People dont realize how good Aubrey has always been.  
Agreed...a lot of the negative sentiment usually stems from the fact that Huff flew under the radar his whole career.  Not too many people payed attention when he was putting up numbers for the DRays, and to be honest, the only reason I even cared to pay attention was for fantasy baseball 
laugh.gif
.   Great 2008, dismal 2009, clutch 2010...I expect numbers close to his career averages, though he definitely seems to be in a great place mentally.  

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

There is no way in hell Huff is matching last years numbers, there's no real way around that.
I really dont understand why EVERYONE seems to be saying this.  Can someone explain why people everywhere seem to agree that he wont come close to duplicating his 2010 numbers (.290 BA, 26 HRs, 86 RBI)?  
People act as if Huff had a super career year in 2010, and put up some obscene numbers or something.  His last 3 year averages are .280 BA, 24 HR and 93 RBI.....and that includes his poor 2009 numbers which everyone just assumed were a reflection of him getting old and losing skill rather than just being a down year.  His last 3 year average is also right in line with his career average as well.  I think everyone is focusing too much on his down 2009 and not looking at his entire career (which is very underrated I might add).  Aubrey has been a beast since he started getting regular playing time and has always put up very good numbers.  In his 7 of his 11 seasons of seeing regular playing time, he hit 20+ homeruns.  If he hovers around his career averages in 2011, I am perfectly fine with that.  

I am not saying that there is ZERO chance that he regresses back to 2009 form, but I wouldnt count on it.  He may have slightly worse numbers in 2011 than he did last year.  But why is everyone making his 2010 out to be some astronomical season that he cant repeat is beyond me.  I think its a reflection of Aubrey playing for crap teams and people really not having the exposure to him.  People dont realize how good Aubrey has always been.  
Agreed...a lot of the negative sentiment usually stems from the fact that Huff flew under the radar his whole career.  Not too many people payed attention when he was putting up numbers for the DRays, and to be honest, the only reason I even cared to pay attention was for fantasy baseball 
laugh.gif
.   Great 2008, dismal 2009, clutch 2010...I expect numbers close to his career averages, though he definitely seems to be in a great place mentally.  

Lucky for us those Cy Youngs and world series ring help avoid that...and he could lose every start from now until ever and still would be held in higher regard

Lucky for us those Cy Youngs and world series ring help avoid that...and he could lose every start from now until ever and still would be held in higher regard

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I'm hoping that Lincecum has another great year and Sanchez has a consistent year on the mound. Hope Zito is consistent too...

If Belt does make the team, does he get a lot of PT? Since we have Huff, Ishikawa, and DeRosa (if needed) at 1st?

I'm hoping that Lincecum has another great year and Sanchez has a consistent year on the mound. Hope Zito is consistent too...

If Belt does make the team, does he get a lot of PT? Since we have Huff, Ishikawa, and DeRosa (if needed) at 1st?

I want a repeat

devil.gif

I think the Giants will win the NL West barring major injury in a close race with the Rockies. 

I want a repeat

devil.gif

I think the Giants will win the NL West barring major injury in a close race with the Rockies. 

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

If Belt makes the team, I think he's going to be starting at 1st. They're not going to have him on the roster to sit on the bench.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

If Belt makes the team, I think he's going to be starting at 1st. They're not going to have him on the roster to sit on the bench.

Heads up.
Modell's is having a 40% sale right now. Just copped a wilson home auth jersey for $120 shipped
pimp.gif

promo code: MOD4TEN215

Heads up.
Modell's is having a 40% sale right now. Just copped a wilson home auth jersey for $120 shipped
pimp.gif

promo code: MOD4TEN215

Back
Top Bottom