Official 2011 Track & Field Thread: Diamond League (Brussels) Bolt 9.76 & Blake 19.26

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Looking forward to Justin Gatlin He cant run 9.58, but he can run 9.7 clean imo
laugh.gif

Full schedule added to Page 1.

Daegu is one day ahead, so the evening EST here is the next morning in South Korea (and vise versa)....13 hours ahead. So, Friday at 9pm is when the Championships start EST over here.

- For the US, the outlets are NBC for weekend coverage and Universal Sports online and TV for weekly coverage.
- For Canadians, the outlets are CBC for weekend coverage and half-hour recaps every night during the weeknights. CBCSports.ca will be streaming the whole championships live like they did in 2009 (which I found as the best coverage).
- Or people could hit the "e-streets" and find streaming on those sites which were also great during the 2009 Worlds showing live coverage from start to end.

Full schedule added to Page 1.

Daegu is one day ahead, so the evening EST here is the next morning in South Korea (and vise versa)....13 hours ahead. So, Friday at 9pm is when the Championships start EST over here.

- For the US, the outlets are NBC for weekend coverage and Universal Sports online and TV for weekly coverage.
- For Canadians, the outlets are CBC for weekend coverage and half-hour recaps every night during the weeknights. CBCSports.ca will be streaming the whole championships live like they did in 2009 (which I found as the best coverage).
- Or people could hit the "e-streets" and find streaming on those sites which were also great during the 2009 Worlds showing live coverage from start to end.

GUNNA GET IT wrote:
When are they gonna ban Carmelita
and he cheating coaches???????
laugh.gif
 i been thinkin this for awhile now... she bigger than the dudes in her events
roll.gif

GUNNA GET IT wrote:
When are they gonna ban Carmelita
and he cheating coaches???????
laugh.gif
 i been thinkin this for awhile now... she bigger than the dudes in her events
roll.gif

Can't wait.

My sleeping pattern will be ruined starting Friday.

Can't wait.

My sleeping pattern will be ruined starting Friday.

g2e22e2000000000000c7226b3b53a75e61a3c8237e1ced688de51c695d.jpg

MPNnow.com —

An almost perfect blend of hustle and utter force. The flamboyance of Apollo Creed. Controlled power with a touch of athletic arrogance. In fact, if there’s one hallmark of a sprinter, it’s their thoroughbred-like shape: rippling quadriceps, densely muscled shoulders and a washboard stomach.

Sadly, they often have a doping record to boot.

If a picture really does say a thousand words, then the first 10 go something like: I wonder if Carmelita Jeter is using performance-enhancing drugs.

There. I said it.

Her evolution as the No. 1 sprinter in the world seems all too familiar. Only world-record-holder Florence Griffith-Joyner has run faster. The amazing Flo-Jo electrified the world with her 10.49 in the 100-meter dash in Indianapolis back in 1988, which obliterated Evelyn Ashford’s world record of 10.76 set in 1984. The next day, Flo-Jo ran 10.61, the second-fastest time in history, and later ran 10.70, which is the seventh-best-ever. Two months later, she ran 10.62, the third-best time ever recorded. It took 10 years before anyone came within a breath of Flo-Jo, and that was Marion Jones in Johannesburg, running a 10.65. Four years ago, Jones pleaded guilty to having used steroids. Meanwhile, here comes Kelli White, running a 10.79 with American falling in love. As quick as she came, she was banned for steroid use.

First of all, there’s no convincing me that Flo-Jo wasn’t a steroid user. Sure, she was tested more than a lab rat, but Jones and White each passed numerous tests before being caught. So did Ben Johnson, Tim Montgomery and Justin Gatlin. Before the 1988 season, Flo-Jo’s best 100-meter dash time was 10.96. In 1988, she improved that by 0.47. Similarly, her pre-1988 best in the 200-meter dash was 21.96 and she improved that by 0.62. After setting world records in the 100- and 200-meter dashes and winning Olympic gold medals in each sprint, plus the 4x100-meter relay, at the Seoul Olympics, Flo-Jo, at age 29, retired. Tragically, 10 years later, Flo-Jo died from suffocation during a severe epileptic seizure.

Jeter is fast, no doubt. She is the second-fastest woman to ever live, running 10.64 last year. She also has the sixth-best (10.67) and seventh-best (10.70). And before two years ago, her fastest time-ever was 10.97. Seems odd considering Jeter almost quit track two years ago, and then she broke 11.00 for the first time at age 28 — same as Flo-Jo. Now, Jeter is a mere 0.15 seconds from one of the most hallowed records in sports.

Until last year, Jeter’s coach was Larry Wade, who has served a doping suspension and has been linked to a major steroid dealer. Since then, she has been coached by John Smith, who coached Larry Wade and Mickey Grimes — each tested positive for steroids.

Jeter joins 14 others as part of the sub-10.80 club, but only Torri Edwards (U.S.A., 10.78) and Merlene Ottey (Jamaica, 10.74) were older than Jeter when they first broke 10.80 seconds. Jeter is in the company of only two other women to have ever run under 10.70. Flo-Jo is at the top with her 10.49, which is most likely wind-aided (the flags were flapping in the wind and papers blowing across the infield, yet somehow the wind gauge read: 0.0). Next is Jones, who admitted to ingesting, injecting or rubbing the entire pharmacy into her body.

Run faster, jump higher, throw further. That’s the old track and field adage, yet those that achieve such at an extraordinary level are accused of cheating — and fellow participants of their sport have created this stereotype. And that’s a shame.

g2e22e2000000000000c7226b3b53a75e61a3c8237e1ced688de51c695d.jpg

MPNnow.com —

An almost perfect blend of hustle and utter force. The flamboyance of Apollo Creed. Controlled power with a touch of athletic arrogance. In fact, if there’s one hallmark of a sprinter, it’s their thoroughbred-like shape: rippling quadriceps, densely muscled shoulders and a washboard stomach.

Sadly, they often have a doping record to boot.

If a picture really does say a thousand words, then the first 10 go something like: I wonder if Carmelita Jeter is using performance-enhancing drugs.

There. I said it.

Her evolution as the No. 1 sprinter in the world seems all too familiar. Only world-record-holder Florence Griffith-Joyner has run faster. The amazing Flo-Jo electrified the world with her 10.49 in the 100-meter dash in Indianapolis back in 1988, which obliterated Evelyn Ashford’s world record of 10.76 set in 1984. The next day, Flo-Jo ran 10.61, the second-fastest time in history, and later ran 10.70, which is the seventh-best-ever. Two months later, she ran 10.62, the third-best time ever recorded. It took 10 years before anyone came within a breath of Flo-Jo, and that was Marion Jones in Johannesburg, running a 10.65. Four years ago, Jones pleaded guilty to having used steroids. Meanwhile, here comes Kelli White, running a 10.79 with American falling in love. As quick as she came, she was banned for steroid use.

First of all, there’s no convincing me that Flo-Jo wasn’t a steroid user. Sure, she was tested more than a lab rat, but Jones and White each passed numerous tests before being caught. So did Ben Johnson, Tim Montgomery and Justin Gatlin. Before the 1988 season, Flo-Jo’s best 100-meter dash time was 10.96. In 1988, she improved that by 0.47. Similarly, her pre-1988 best in the 200-meter dash was 21.96 and she improved that by 0.62. After setting world records in the 100- and 200-meter dashes and winning Olympic gold medals in each sprint, plus the 4x100-meter relay, at the Seoul Olympics, Flo-Jo, at age 29, retired. Tragically, 10 years later, Flo-Jo died from suffocation during a severe epileptic seizure.

Jeter is fast, no doubt. She is the second-fastest woman to ever live, running 10.64 last year. She also has the sixth-best (10.67) and seventh-best (10.70). And before two years ago, her fastest time-ever was 10.97. Seems odd considering Jeter almost quit track two years ago, and then she broke 11.00 for the first time at age 28 — same as Flo-Jo. Now, Jeter is a mere 0.15 seconds from one of the most hallowed records in sports.

Until last year, Jeter’s coach was Larry Wade, who has served a doping suspension and has been linked to a major steroid dealer. Since then, she has been coached by John Smith, who coached Larry Wade and Mickey Grimes — each tested positive for steroids.

Jeter joins 14 others as part of the sub-10.80 club, but only Torri Edwards (U.S.A., 10.78) and Merlene Ottey (Jamaica, 10.74) were older than Jeter when they first broke 10.80 seconds. Jeter is in the company of only two other women to have ever run under 10.70. Flo-Jo is at the top with her 10.49, which is most likely wind-aided (the flags were flapping in the wind and papers blowing across the infield, yet somehow the wind gauge read: 0.0). Next is Jones, who admitted to ingesting, injecting or rubbing the entire pharmacy into her body.

Run faster, jump higher, throw further. That’s the old track and field adage, yet those that achieve such at an extraordinary level are accused of cheating — and fellow participants of their sport have created this stereotype. And that’s a shame.

For anyone who's planing to watch live and wants to understand the time difference.

2v9ews5.png

Pretty much all the finals happens live between 6am-9am EST.

For anyone who's planing to watch live and wants to understand the time difference.

2v9ews5.png

Pretty much all the finals happens live between 6am-9am EST.

Hopefully somebody else will step up and and at least push Bolt. I don't think anyone will in the 200.

Hopefully somebody else will step up and and at least push Bolt. I don't think anyone will in the 200.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

30t6p3b.gif
Asafa Powell out of the World Championships.

tired.gif

Actually had a legit chance of winning it aswel.... (if he didnt get shook of course)

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

30t6p3b.gif
Asafa Powell out of the World Championships.

tired.gif

Actually had a legit chance of winning it aswel.... (if he didnt get shook of course)

Back
Top Bottom