Official 2011 Wimbledon Thread (vol. start on the last page)

^ Which incident are you referring to? When they were using flash-photography or when certain individuals were shouting out in the middle of the rallies? Both of which tennis players have a right to complain about. Our coverage went to commercial during the change-overs, so I missed her actual conversation with the chair-ump, but from what I read, those were the "incidents".

She's definitely not phony or weak minded IMO... all things considered (that she was in her first GS final and with a lot of pressure from all of China), I thought she played very well, especially in the 1st set where she really took it to Kim and basically outplayed her. Kim stepped-up her game in the 2nd and 3rd, causing Li to crumble a bit. Kim's experience and ability to move up a gear was the major difference.

Anyone else noticed what a big difference a change of racket was for Kim. I think the weather and the court threw Kim off a bit in the beginning of the match.

Anyone else noticed what a big difference a change of racket was for Kim. I think the weather and the court threw Kim off a bit in the beginning of the match.

referring to all. notice Kim wasnot distracted. look at when Li fell apart. when she either got distracted really easy and fell apart or she used it as an excuse for her falling apart.

Even Clisters mentioned it post match. she knew Li wwas out of her element when she became began to complain.

referring to all. notice Kim wasnot distracted. look at when Li fell apart. when she either got distracted really easy and fell apart or she used it as an excuse for her falling apart.

Even Clisters mentioned it post match. she knew Li wwas out of her element when she became began to complain.

^ yeah, especially in the 3rd set. Well, that happens when you start missing your shots... you get a little tight and every little thing will bug the hell out of you. Like I mentioned before, it comes down to experience and how the top players are able to block all that out. I think Kim lost 4 GS finals before winning her first USO title so its definitely a learning process. We've seen it in other players as well, like Vera Zvon. when she actually broke-down in tears last year when the pressure got to her. I'm not excusing Li, cuz she probably could have/should have handled it better, but it's usually easier said than done.  Hopefully she was able to take the positives out of this final.
Smokey ~ Does Kim change rackets with every ball-change?  I wouldn't be surprised though if a change in tension benefited her.  They've been saying the weather has been quite extreme over the past few days, so going with a different tension (depending on the court conditions) would have been normal.  

^ yeah, especially in the 3rd set. Well, that happens when you start missing your shots... you get a little tight and every little thing will bug the hell out of you. Like I mentioned before, it comes down to experience and how the top players are able to block all that out. I think Kim lost 4 GS finals before winning her first USO title so its definitely a learning process. We've seen it in other players as well, like Vera Zvon. when she actually broke-down in tears last year when the pressure got to her. I'm not excusing Li, cuz she probably could have/should have handled it better, but it's usually easier said than done.  Hopefully she was able to take the positives out of this final.
Smokey ~ Does Kim change rackets with every ball-change?  I wouldn't be surprised though if a change in tension benefited her.  They've been saying the weather has been quite extreme over the past few days, so going with a different tension (depending on the court conditions) would have been normal.  

I think she only changed it once. I wanna say it was after the 4th game in the 2nd set. The weather was def a factor. It was unusually cool for most of the AO. Weather will be a factor for the Mens Final tonight.

I think she only changed it once. I wanna say it was after the 4th game in the 2nd set. The weather was def a factor. It was unusually cool for most of the AO. Weather will be a factor for the Mens Final tonight.

laugh.gif
Murray will never win a slam. Too mentally weak. He has been straight setted every time he's reached a final.

Ehh... what a poor display by Andy.  The way Djoker was playing, he was the deserved winner, but damn, Andy's performance was just atrocious.  At least put up a decent fight!!!  Errors, poor shot-selection and lack of aggression... bit him in the #@@.  Very disappointed in how he played more than the results.  
Congrats to Novak though...

2deeb8e035a235eb439853d19d435ccc-getty-106794659dh076_2011_austral.jpg

Lucky charm...

3c42013c3c9f24234ea6c2069b10225f-getty-106794659dh024_2011_austral.jpg

3ce9b288ad90239f07831ff08c26645d-getty-106794659dh025_2011_austral.jpg

ap-9d11f4e1f89146519b745b89e54ead50.jpg

The British press are gonna tear him a new one tomorrow.

610x.jpg

Ehh... what a poor display by Andy.  The way Djoker was playing, he was the deserved winner, but damn, Andy's performance was just atrocious.  At least put up a decent fight!!!  Errors, poor shot-selection and lack of aggression... bit him in the #@@.  Very disappointed in how he played more than the results.  
Congrats to Novak though...

2deeb8e035a235eb439853d19d435ccc-getty-106794659dh076_2011_austral.jpg

Lucky charm...

3c42013c3c9f24234ea6c2069b10225f-getty-106794659dh024_2011_austral.jpg

3ce9b288ad90239f07831ff08c26645d-getty-106794659dh025_2011_austral.jpg

ap-9d11f4e1f89146519b745b89e54ead50.jpg

The British press are gonna tear him a new one tomorrow.

610x.jpg

Easy straight sets, at that.

He still irks me as a person, but I've really come to enjoy Djoko's game.

Coupled with his U.S. Open performance (even though he lost in the finals), I'd say this is next level Djoko we're now seeing.

Easy straight sets, at that.

He still irks me as a person, but I've really come to enjoy Djoko's game.

Coupled with his U.S. Open performance (even though he lost in the finals), I'd say this is next level Djoko we're now seeing.

Congrats to Djoker for this W. Dude is OK in my book except for the foolish antics coming from his parents/box.

And at this point i'm starting to feel for Murray. Dude has never won a set in any of his 3 GS Final matches. Son is living the "Wanna Get Away?" commercial
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Congrats to Djoker for this W. Dude is OK in my book except for the foolish antics coming from his parents/box.

And at this point i'm starting to feel for Murray. Dude has never won a set in any of his 3 GS Final matches. Son is living the "Wanna Get Away?" commercial
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Djoko era?!?

I feel bad for Murray, but he really need to start playing more aggressive, from the first set you could tell Djoko had the match.
30t6p3b.gif

Djoko era?!?

I feel bad for Murray, but he really need to start playing more aggressive, from the first set you could tell Djoko had the match.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom