Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Canelo has holes in his defense, but I think he will improve that facet over time. With that being said, he packs a lot of power, he has a strong chin, and he shows no fear in the ring.

Who has he been in with that would really test his chin? And who has he been in with who was accomplished or that should have been feared as a puncher? I mean, I think the kid has great talent but we need to see him in a meaningful fight now. No more of this Golden Boy BS of hididng him from the true contenders at 154. If you're bringing him back quickly this year, put him in there with Bundrage or Molina. Or if you're going to wait, put him in with the Trout/Cotto winner or the Vanes/Lara winner. It's time to step up.

Floyd don't wanna step in the ring with Canelo, we all know he is the best at picking & chosing his fights so he doesn't have a blemish on that record of his.
the fools that come in here after a big fight weekend

floyd would pick dude apart, canelo doesnt move his head or have any defense

Last edited:
the fools that come in here after a big fight weekend

floyd would pick dude apart, canelo doesnt move his head or have any defense
 Floyd would try to run around the ring for about 8/9 rounds and eventually try to throw some blows later on to gain some points. Dude knows if he can hang around for all 12 he is "favored" to get the points. Tell me in his recent stint of fights when Floyd had a legit knock out, not the Ortiz one that he had to catch dude off guard to get?

because thats what he did against cotto?
same gameplan, with Floyds masterful defense, he will stand in there and still pick canelo apart.
exactly

ortiz,mosley and cotto he stood in the middle of the ring or back on the ropes and fought all 3 guys

exactly

ortiz,mosley and cotto he stood in the middle of the ring or back on the ropes and fought all 3 guys

laugh.gif

Who has he been in with that would really test his chin? And who has he been in with who was accomplished or that should have been feared as a puncher? I mean, I think the kid has great talent but we need to see him in a meaningful fight now. No more of this Golden Boy BS of hididng him from the true contenders at 154. If you're bringing him back quickly this year, put him in there with Bundrage or Molina. Or if you're going to wait, put him in with the Trout/Cotto winner or the Vanes/Lara winner. It's time to step up.

That's what I'm saying. He can beat up on guys like Josesito Lopez all he wants, but the truth is that he's going to continue to dominate guys like that. I personally think Floyd has enough skill that it wouldn't be close. He's not going to stand there and exchange with Canelo. We've seen how Floyd can systematically pick guys apart, Canelo has shown his head is very prone to getting hit.

Am I alone in thinking the hype around Canelo is the same kind of hype Cotto had 2-3 years back? But at this point in his career, I feel like Cotto was better.

Also, yall crazy if you think Ward would ever lose to someone like Canelo/JCC if they go up in weight.

I don't care to see Vic Ortiz box anymore. I'm sorry, I just don't. :lol:

I've also been on the ropes with Marcos too though man. He's really hit-and-miss, literally. This fight I feel like he really showed a lot of heart that I thought he was starting to lack.

Maaaaaaan I've supported Maidana forever and the one fight I talked him down, he KO's Soto-Karass. I thought it was a quick stoppage though.

Maidana looked really good in there against soto-karass.

He's actually using a jab now, and that's setting up his powerful right hands.

And to add to the Canelo debate...

He wanted NONE of Austin Trout.

And I honestly think Trout would beat Canelo, and the fools in here saying he would beat Floyd?

:lol:

Last edited:
My wish list is jcc vs canelo. Loser fights cotto, winner fights may.
This will never happen tho.

Maidana looked really good in there against soto-karass.
He's actually using a jab now, and that's setting up his powerful right hands.

My problem was that I thought the power didn't carry over to 147. But Devon was just a horrible match and he never landed anything significant. He got matched well with Soto-Karass and showed he still had the pop and some slightly improved boxing mechanics. That jab had some major pop too.

Now way JCC Jr stays at 160 much longer his body cant take it he had to be 185 in the ring the other night . And lets be clear outside of 1 rd it was a one sided Mismatch , Sergio did whatever he wanted lol Jab , Step around ,Straight left wash and repeat and JCC Jr just walking behind him like a dummy , if he showed up to the gym he would learn to cut off the ring .

Maidana- Soto-Karass was a war back and forth action ,Maidana bailed himsellf out after having 2 pt deductions . That being said the top guys at 147 will all whip him and if against more of a boxer he will look bad , they should continue to match him with guys similar to him .

Leo Santa Cruz is a Beast flat out , rough throws a bunch of hard punches not pitty pat nonsense ,Just beat the brakes of Morel

Rigondeaux he got caught a couple times i was suprised he got it together and Boxed very well and at this point i dont know who beats him at 122 or 126

Canelo should fight Cotto they match up better in what would be a slug fest and also the whole PR vs Mexico rivalry it would do Numbers . Cotto would push Canelo to the limit even though Canelo is a bit bigger , Trout is a odd man out we havent seen him in while cant get fights if you dont generate a buzz

Oh and Lucas Matthysee is a Monster

Canelo vs Cotto would be lovely, all action.
I doubt it would happen though, Oscar isn't throwing his boy to the wolves yet
I actually think it's 50/50 though just depends on who lands the bigger shots. Cotto's body punch game wouldn't be as effective as usual against Canelo.
Canelo also hasn't faught someone of Cotto's caliber though, which I really need to see before he's "next" in my mind.
Floyd would definitely beat him, but Floyd wouldn't take the fight anyway because he's a businessman not a macho man.
**** Ortiz man, nobody wants to see that guy, he doesn't have enough heart to trade with Canelo anyway.
I'd love Cotto vs Serg as well, I think Cotto could KO him though because as we saw in the JCC fight, sometimes Serg doesn't know when to play D.
Matthysee is scary, I definitely see him breaking somebodies ribs soon. I love his stalk game, always moving forward, would pay to see him work.
His chin also seems pretty solid but man dude's power is real at 140
But who is he even going to fight? I doubt Bradley or Garcia want any parts, Khan? He'd get washed though.
Marquez v Pacman winner? I'm dreaming

cotto/Canelo would be awsome
I wish more promoters would take risk with their fighters. I hate this culture in boxing where if you have a L on your record, you are garbage, washed up and aren't profitable.

end rant

cotto/Canelo would be awsome
I wish more promoters would take risk with their fighters. I hate this culture in boxing where if you have a L on your record, you are garbage, washed up and aren't profitable.
end rant
Amir Khan. :smokin Three losses, technically two, and still a monster UK draw/celebrity.

Virgil Hunter in the picture for a December return to the ring.

Back
Top Bottom