::Official 2012 Fantasy Baseball Thread::

Originally Posted by diew its james

is jesus montero going to be C eligible? hes only UTIL at the moment in yahoo

He'll be C eligible probably by May - gotta get 10 starts under your belt. If not by May then by inter league play.

i was offered cory leubke and james shields for duda and josh johnson

heres my team:
10fp82s.png

I thought Mayberry and Nix are going to platoon in left and Jr was gonna get some looks at first base?

Yea, I don't put too much stock into having too many players from the same team. If they're good, not reaches and you have the need you should go for it. It's 162 game season, they'll all be worth something useful.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This is my squad from my $$ league. Philly heads, what's the word on John Mayberry Jr.?

Mayberry will get a good amount of PT.  He'll be moving betwwen the OF and 1B. 

Originally Posted by frankl1001

thoughts on having 3 guys on the same team on your fantasy team? (votto, stubbs, bruce)
nothing really wrong with it, just gets annoying if you don't have a bench to fill the holes on off days

i was offered cory leubke and james shields for duda and josh johnson, any insight?

heres my team:
10fp82s.png
how many teams in your league? @ first glance, I would pass. I'm high on Duda and JJ. If it's a 10teamer, then JJ risk of injury is no biggie since the waivers should be deep.

^ Well done, Diew. Is that 10 or 12 teams in the league?

I'd take that trade in a heartbeat. Although Shields may not produce like he did last season, Luebke is going to have a monster year at Petco. Duda is a sleeper for most managers, but certainly has the least value out of the four players named in the prospective trade. As mentioned earlier, I like Josh Johnson a lot because he represents good value and often slips down the SP board, but there are legitimate injury concerns surrounding Miami's #1. Do it. Then patiently try to upgrade your third OF position. I also like Boesch a lot, but it's possible to find more of a "sure thing."

12 man league but 3-4 people were on auto so it was a bit easier to get some sleepers. i wouldve wanted to get bonifacio but someone drafted him in like the 9th rd...

if i pull the trigger it really leaves me with michael young playing my 1B since miguel is moving to 3rd and i wanted young to be my injury guy in case someone gets injured

12 man league but 3-4 people were on auto so it was a bit easier to get some sleepers. i wouldve wanted to get bonifacio but someone drafted him in like the 10th rd...

if i pull the trigger it really leaves me with michael young playing my 1B since miguel is moving to 3rd and i wanted young to be my injury guy in case someone gets injured
You had a very good draft for 12 teams. 

Young is a legitimate near the top starter at 1B, probably one of the most consistent (contact) hitters in the game. The trade solidifies your SP almost into surplus. Only move I'd make after is securing a stronger third OF to replace Duda and platoon with Boesch. Seriously consider moving Avila for a top-100 (overall) OF. Ramos is a more than adequate starter.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

12 man league but 3-4 people were on auto so it was a bit easier to get some sleepers. i wouldve wanted to get bonifacio but someone drafted him in like the 10th rd...

Young is a legitimate near the top starter at 1B, probably one of the most consistent (contact) hitters in the game. The trade solidifies your SP almost into surplus. Only move I'd make after is securing a stronger third OF to replace Duda and platoon with Boesch. Seriously consider moving Avila for a top-100 (overall) OF. Ramos is a more than adequate starter.
thanks, what do you think about JD Martinez? would he be a solid pickup at OF?

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

thanks, what do you think about JD Martinez? would he be a solid pickup at OF?

Yes, probably the only bright spot in Houston. Is he available in your league's FA or are you planning to trade for him? Fun fact: Martinez is only 16% owned in Yahoo leagues.   

hes in my waiver wire at the moment, but he didnt clear waiver yet so im not sure if he will still be there when it clears and i have second to last waiver priority

Haven't gotten a chance to go through the last couple pages but we still good for that draft tomorrow?

I'm down for the originally scheduled time.

i was offered cory leubke and james shields for duda and josh johnson, any insight?

heres my team:
10fp82s.png

make the deal, Johnson coming off an injury and Duda is solid but unproven. Shields will get tons of K's and Luebke is poised for a huge year at Petco

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

Haven't gotten a chance to go through the last couple pages but we still good for that draft tomorrow?

I'm down for the originally scheduled time.

yea draft still scheduled for 1pm

Venom,

As the draft window closed, I was about to shout you out for grabbing Gamel.
eek.gif
x
laugh.gif
x
mad.gif
x
mad.gif

I had searched for him about 6 rounds earlier and couldn't find him ANYWHERE. Figured he had been drafted earlier.

Can't believe you nabbed him with the 2nd to last overall pick.

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

Venom,

As the draft window closed, I was about to shout you out for grabbing Gamel.
eek.gif
x
laugh.gif
x
mad.gif
x
mad.gif

I had searched for him about 6 rounds earlier and couldn't find him ANYWHERE. Figured he had been drafted earlier.

Can't believe you nabbed him with the 2nd to last overall pick.
thanks, hoping he can live up to his potential and replace Prince

Back
Top Bottom