::Official 2012 Fantasy Baseball Thread::

Nope. What makes you say Hernandez? I was leaning towards Arencibia or Lucroy. Homie in my league has Avila and Molina and won't trade either of them
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JJ1223

laugh.gif
dropped Scherzer after one bad start. I wish you were in my league

For real, though, can I get some suggestions on who to pick up at C?

Whose available? If you can get a guy like Lucroy do that - but IDK how many teams you play with

10 teams Arencibia Lucroy Hernandez Ruiz Buck. Leaning towards Lucroy like you said but I wanted input from you guys first

People are dropping dudes already?
laugh.gif
it's one week/start. Scherzer is one dude on that staff you should keep after Verlander.

i want to pick up adam laroche since hes been having a great first week but i'm not sure who to drop. should i drop anyone for laroche?

heres my lineup:
C
Alex Avila
1B
Miguel Cabrera
2B
Ian Kinsler
3B
David Freese
SS
Dee Gordon
OF
Alex Gordon
OF
J.D. Martinez
OF
Jayson Werth
Util
Brett Lawrie
Util
Zack Cozart
BN
Michael Young
BN
Brennan Boesch

SP
Clay Buchholz
SP
Cory Luebke
RP
Jonny Venters
RP
Sean Marshall
P
Brandon Beachy
P
Henry Rodriguez
P
Max Scherzer
P
Lance Lynn
BN
Cliff Lee
BN
Johnny Cueto
BN
James Shields
DL
Doug Fister

I already have 4 closers, would you pick up brad lidge for trade bait and drop Bud Norris or Jhouls Chacin to do that?

^ I would go Kipnis over Hill, although it's close. Kipnis is younger and I could see him still improving.

With Storen out for 2 months, would you guys suggest Lidge or Henry Rodriguez? I scoop HotRod yesterday, but I'm curious about opinions...

Hoosier, I would take a Lawrie for Cespedes swap in a heartbeat. Yoenis is a feast or famine-type player, HR or SO. Pitchers will pitch him differently/better as the season progresses. I don't expect Cespedes to sustain such eye-catching power numbers. Capitalize on the Lawrie owner's impatience and premature overvalue of two weeks of early baseball. 
JJ, in this order: Lucroy, Arencibia, Ruiz, Buck, Hernandez. 

Rocky, you panicked. One poor start or outing doesn't justify dropping a high-level fantasy player. Trust me, Lohse will not pitch like he did in the Miami opener for the duration of the MLB season. I'm actually tracking Lance Lynn much more closely than Lohse. Like Lynn's stuff, plus RP eligibility (at the moment). Hold onto Lohse for now, maybe try to flip him while his value is at its highest peak. Show me your roster, anyone else you can drop to pick Scherzer back up?

Definitely Kipnis. Be patient with him, higher ceiling and Hill's best days are past him. Hill does hit a decent amount of homers, but his BA has been putrid in recent years. 

Frank, for me: Desmond, Furcal, Escobar. Furcal has the hot start but will he sustain it? I like my odds with Desmond having the better overall season over 162 games. Yunel has never fulfilled his true potential in my eyes, on the field or in fantasy. 

Diew, yes, stash Lynn if you have the luxury. I like your roster the way it is (one you posted). Only consideration to pick up LaRoche is dropping Boesch for him, but I say that very hesitantly and unwillingly. 

Blazin, no. Maybe Chacin but definitely not Norris. Norris is a high-K guy if nothing else, one of the few bright spots in Houston along with Martinez and Schafer. Lidge is not even the anointed full-time closer with Storen out. He shares save opportunities with Rodriguez and Davey Johnson will have Lidge on an even shorter leash after his latest appearance. DJ might even consider utilizing Clippard in a temporary closer role. 

BlackRed, I'd lean slightly towards Rodriguez. Lidge's most recent outing was rough to say the least (BS) and Johnson will tighten up on his save opportunities, much like Broxton in KC. I actually like Clippard the most out of the three specifically mentioned Washington relievers. 

Some good pickups: Figgins (3B and OF), Lynn, LaRoche, and Infante. 

People, you have to stop and breathe.

The worst thing to ever do in Fantasy Baseball is over react to the first 6 games of the regular season. Stop picking up and dropping players left and right, it's way to early to make drastic decisions, if your players are still garbage at the end of may or early June, then go crazy.

Anyone I should drop for Casilla now that its looking like Wilson is prolly done for the season. I didnt do too bad the first week with pitching stats so I dont know if im really thinking about it too hard. Just looking for some feedback if ya think Casilla is gonna be good. Categories for the league are Wins/Saves/Ks/ERA/WHIP

And Bailey and Hudson are taking DL spots so they dont count towards my roster size.

Jordan Zimmermann
(Was - SP) Player notes
David Price
(TB - SP) Player notes
John Axford
(Mil - RP) No new player Notes
Alfredo Aceves
(Bos - SP,RP) No new player Notes
Shaun Marcum
(Mil - SP) Player notes
Héctor Santiago
(CWS - RP) Player notes
Dan Haren
(LAA - SP) Player notes
Sergio Santos
(Tor - RP) New player notes
Colby Lewis
(Tex - SP) Player notes
Kyle Lohse
(StL - SP) No new player Notes

DL
Andrew Bailey
(Bos - RP) DL Player notes
DL
Tim Hudson
(Atl - SP) DL New player notes

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Anyone I should drop for Casilla now that its looking like Wilson is prolly done for the season. I didnt do too bad the first week with pitching stats so I dont know if im really thinking about it too hard. Just looking for some feedback if ya think Casilla is gonna be good. Categories for the league are Wins/Saves/Ks/ERA/WHIP

And Bailey and Hudson are taking DL spots so they dont count towards my roster size.

Jordan Zimmermann
(Was - SP) Player notes
David Price
(TB - SP) Player notes
John Axford
(Mil - RP) No new player Notes
Alfredo Aceves
(Bos - SP,RP) No new player Notes
Shaun Marcum
(Mil - SP) Player notes
Héctor Santiago
(CWS - RP) Player notes
Dan Haren
(LAA - SP) Player notes
Sergio Santos
(Tor - RP) New player notes
Colby Lewis
(Tex - SP) Player notes
Kyle Lohse
(StL - SP) No new player Notes

DL
Andrew Bailey
(Bos - RP) DL Player notes
DL
Tim Hudson
(Atl - SP) DL New player notes

drop Acevas for Casilla

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

drop Acevas for Casilla

Agreed.

Ended up picking HotRod, but since he would've been my 5th closer (in a league that requires 2, but can start up to 3) I dropped him for Collmenter. He's had a rought start to the season but I'm hoping he can pick it back up soon.

Start Gamel against Billingsley or leave Ibanez in and hope he gets a pinch hit opportunity or two? My avg and ops are off to a good start and Billingsley has crushed his last two starts...

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Start Gamel against Billingsley or leave Ibanez in and hope he gets a pinch hit opportunity or two? My avg and ops are off to a good start and Billingsley has crushed his last two starts...

Gamel, he's starting

Fantasy alert: Nolan Reimold is starting to rake. Good OF pickup, less than 30% owned in Yahoo leagues.
Trade suggestion: Selling Bonifacio high right now. Questions if he can sustain his production over 162 games, fizzled out last season after a hot start. 

guy in my league is shopping alex gordon for a pitcher, who should I offer? leaning towards latos or scherzer

kershaw
cc
stras
latos
scherzer
johan
nolasco
darvish
buckholtz
pineda

thoughts?10 team 5x5 h2h, QS instead of W'smy OFs are: Bruce, Stubbs, Chris Young, Austin Jax, Lomo, Duda

Back
Top Bottom