Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

How is Royce not getting anymore pub? Even if you didn't see him the entire season, his play alone against UConn and Kentucky should have made him a lock for the lottery. I take him in the top 10 if I'm in those spots.

Yea he's a headcase but it's more so because he's a damn competitor.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

How is Royce not getting anymore pub? Even if you didn't see him the entire season, his play alone against UConn and Kentucky should have made him a lock for the lottery. I take him in the top 10 if I'm in those spots.

Like his game a lot, hows his jumper though? Idnt see him shoot one

As talented as he is, what teams are going to really use him the way Iowa St. did as a point forward?

His development will largely depend on if the coach allows him to have the ball in his hands a lot.

Originally Posted by Oasis

I'm willing to do a sig bet, that New Orleans WILL GET THE #1 PICK in this year's draft. Think about it, the league always gives the pick based on story-lines, and what better in New Orleans.
They just traded away their franchise player, signed a new lease for the arena, and will soon get a new owner. Quote me on this, because Davis will be a Hornet next year. BOOK IT

Stern will automatically be on my fade list if this happen.....god damn i'll be so mad if he $@#*@ us over......
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Like his game a lot, hows his jumper though? Idnt see him shoot one
Range isn't there yet but that'll come over time.  He's a match up nightmare for any 3 or 4 because of his versatility and strength.

As talented as he is, what teams are going to really use him the way Iowa St. did as a point forward?

His development will largely depend on if the coach allows him to have the ball in his hands a lot.
Outside of him playing alongside a top 5 PG any coach who doesn't take advantage of his ability to play some point forward in their system is an absolute idiot.

In all honesty, he's better at doing what Draymond Green gets lauded for except for leadership intangibles and being a winner.

Most teams don't really need point forwards though though with the amount of good PG's in the league right now though.  On the right team he can be a really effective player but others I could see him not getting off the bench.

Nicholson should go anywhere from 20 down depending on how he tests at camps. The offense is there with a nice mix of inside and outside game. I'm thinking a poor man's Chris Bosh potentially. 
I like Royce White as a prospect as well, but he has virtually no perimeter game (long-range shot). FT% must improve in the NBA also, he was at a Rondo clip this season. I suppose White could be a Tyreke Evans-type player at the next level, with better rebounding/defense but less of a jump shot/slashing ability. Draymond gets more attention because of their respective schools, MSU compared to ISU. Although Hoiberg is putting the Cyclones on the map. The other reason is while both players are extremely versatile as "point forwards," Draymond is a far better scorer/shooter at the college level. 

^ Lmao word! Like, tf?

Harrison Barnes in the right situation will be a big time player. If he's the #1 option, RIP. But if he plays with another scoring guard or big-time pg, he'll be money.

Dion Waiters is still shaky to me. He's not a PG or either a SG. He's a undersized scoring guard who needs the ball in his hands to be effective. The D-Wade comparions were wayyyyy overboard but he showed major potential.

Champ....what are your thoughts on Jcovan Brown?? does he get drafted?...does he have a shot to make a team?

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

does Royce White really never fly?

Yup. That's why he didn't take that visit to UK. Had a breakdown the day he was supposed to make the trip.

The anxiety issue doesnt concern you though?

right... they said he drove to Louisville with his dad (or grandpa?) for the first two rounds of the tourney, too.  i just wasn't sure if he occasionally has these "breakdowns" or if he's just dead-set on never getting on plane.  did he drive to every road game this season, as well?

Originally Posted by zmoney3

Champ....what are your thoughts on Jcovan Brown?? does he get drafted?...does he have a shot to make a team?
J'Covan Brown was far-and-away Rick Barnes' best player this season. Perhaps the main reason Texas even won 20 games and earned a tourney berth. I'm pretty high on Brown to be honest, I think he's ready for the pro level much more so than Myck Kabongo (not just because of the class difference, junior to freshman) but should consider another year with the Longhorns because of the deep class likely pushing him down the board. I still believe Brown would be selected in the 2012 Draft, probably in the late-second range (#54-58) where I have Bost and Machado ranked. When I say I'm high on J'Covan, I would personally go as high as mid-second but many NBA teams/GMs will consider that a reach for his services. Another year in school and he could be an early-second potentially. Brown is a scorer first, distributor second but will likely have to play point at the next level. He's too short/small to play SG in the pros unless some team thinks he can fulfill a instant offense bench role like Mo Williams. The jumper is there and he's good at the line. Willing to attack the basketball and draw contact. Passing and handling must improve if he's going to play the 1. Also needs improvement with footwork defensively if he's going to be defending quicker PGs in the league. 
Potential "sleepers": Tony Mitchell, Nicholson, Moultrie, Alex Young, and Royce (if he falls outside the lottery).

Terrence Jones is a very difficult player to rank. He has top-5 potential but certainly doesn't play like it or exhibit his talents consistently. I rank TJ's game very close to PJ3's. 

Do you guys see Jordan Taylor being drafted? If so, where? 

I think this draft is for bigs what 2009 was for PG's, going to be a lot of guys who have long career's at a pretty good level.
As time goes on I think I'm pretty high on Zeller.  Can hit the mid-range, great motor, 7 feet tall, rebounds, good teammatte.  He is a sure thing in this league, and should manage to have a substantial career.  I think DraftExpress compared him to PJ Brown and I liked that one.

Back
Top Bottom