Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Just realized today is Wednesday and not Thursday..........

Soooooo 27.5 hours to go
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Los Angeles gets: Dwight Howard, Ryan Anderson and Jason Richardson ($25,731,371)
Orlando gets: Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Randy Foye and Eric Bledsoe ($21,656,344)

Orlando makes an easy transition away from Howard and somehow manages to come away with a great deal even though they shouldn't be able to, at this point. They pick up a $4,000,000 expiring player and their potential point guard of the future (in theory only). In addition, they get out from under one of their long contracts (Richardson).

Los Angeles pairs about the most ideal duo in the league. Their defense improves tenfold. They get a good young player that Orlando was unlikely to extend, and the sizable wing that they desperately need.

Jordan
Griffin
Turkoglu
Redick
Nelson

Foye
Davis
Bledsoe

Howard
Anderson
Butler
Richardson
Paul

Williams
Martin
Evans

Makes all the sense in the world to me.

The Clippers wouldn't have the balls to do it, though. Howard might decide that playing with the best player in the world to get him the basketball isn't God's will or something, and they would be screwed.
afro-shaking-head-no.gif

G T F O H!

Noblekane- Not true about Brook and the Nets

Billy King has plans in place that if Howard comes to them in FA, he would sign Howard, re-sign Deron, and then offer Brook 10 Mil a year to resign.

Now, if someone came with an offer sheet and front loaded the deal, then yeah he would not but I think it would not get there and Brook would sign before hand (I think 10 mil a year is more than fair for Brook)

Either way, the Nets are in a better position. Could they lose both guys. Yes. still a possibility. but I think they are trying for the FA route to keep Brook Lopez a Net as well.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Los Angeles gets: Dwight Howard, Ryan Anderson and Jason Richardson ($25,731,371)
Orlando gets: Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Randy Foye and Eric Bledsoe ($21,656,344)

Orlando makes an easy transition away from Howard and somehow manages to come away with a great deal even though they shouldn't be able to, at this point. They pick up a $4,000,000 expiring player and their potential point guard of the future (in theory only). In addition, they get out from under one of their long contracts (Richardson).

Los Angeles pairs about the most ideal duo in the league. Their defense improves tenfold. They get a good young player that Orlando was unlikely to extend, and the sizable wing that they desperately need.

Jordan
Griffin
Turkoglu
Redick
Nelson

Foye
Davis
Bledsoe

Howard
Anderson
Butler
Richardson
Paul

Williams
Martin
Evans

The Clippers wouldn't have the balls to do it, though. Howard might decide that playing with the best player in the world to get him the basketball isn't God's will or something, and they would be screwed.
afro-shaking-head-no.gif

G T F O H!
lolthis why your franchise will never win. you honestly wouldnt do that trade? only your owner would co sign with you.
you give up blake griffin and deandre jordan for  dwight howard and ryan anderson.

your front court SUCKS on d dude. blake cant play defense to save his life. deandre jordan is a shot blocker and thats it.

dwight howard alone changes your team defense dramatically. 

plus you get ryan anderson the poor mans kevin love.

you also get a decent shooting guard for your teams trash.

if you cannot see how a core of chris paul and dwight howard could mean championship contenders for years to come i dont know what to tell you.

but i guess you are one of them fans who just like flashy dunks huh? 
laugh.gif

dwight howard aint no slouch in that department either you know...

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Noblekane- Not true about Brook and the Nets

Billy King has plans in place that if Howard comes to them in FA, he would sign Howard, re-sign Deron, and then offer Brook 10 Mil a year to resign.

Now, if someone came with an offer sheet and front loaded the deal, then yeah he would not but I think it would not get there and Brook would sign before hand (I think 10 mil a year is more than fair for Brook)

Either way, the Nets are in a better position. Could they lose both guys. Yes. still a possibility. but I think they are trying for the FA route to keep Brook Lopez a Net as well.

i would think the smart thing to do is trade brook lopez for more pieces to surround howard and williams. and dude its the nba somebody is gonna over pay for brook
laugh.gif

Adding Howard along with Griffin/Paul is the only way I see us contending for a 'ship. Paul and Howard alone won't make us instant anything. We'll basically just be the West Coast Magic and them kats aint winning +!!% in the East right now is why Superman wants out in the first place. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Jordan
Griffin
Turkoglu
Redick
Nelson

Foye
Davis
Bledsoe

Howard
Anderson
Butler
Richardson
Paul

Williams
Martin
Evans

afro-shaking-head-no.gif

G T F O H!
lolthis why your franchise will never win. you honestly wouldnt do that trade? only your owner would co sign with you.
you give up blake griffin and deandre jordan for  dwight howard and ryan anderson.

your front court SUCKS on d dude. blake cant play defense to save his life. deandre jordan is a shot blocker and thats it.

dwight howard alone changes your team defense dramatically. 

plus you get ryan anderson the poor mans kevin love.

you also get a decent shooting guard for your teams trash.

if you cannot see how a core of chris paul and dwight howard could mean championship contenders for years to come i dont know what to tell you.

but i guess you are one of them fans who just like flashy dunks huh? 
laugh.gif

dwight howard aint no slouch in that department either you know...

Clipper fan here. I'd do it in a heartbeat, especially the way Blake and DJ have been playing. CP3 + Dwight, Anderson > CP3, Blake, DJ easily.

We'll basically just be the West Coast Magic and them kats aint winning +!!% in the East right now is why Superman wants out in the first place. 
laugh.gif

so if getting Howard makes you the "West Coast Magic", who on the "East Coast Magic" is Chris Paul?

Originally Posted by CarolinaPack04

We'll basically just be the West Coast Magic and them kats aint winning +!!% in the East right now is why Superman wants out in the first place. 
laugh.gif

so if getting Howard makes you the "West Coast Magic", who on the "East Coast Magic" is Chris Paul?

Chris Duhon.

roll.gif
 at dude thinking CP3 and Howard can't contend.

Paul, Richardson, Butler, Anderson, Howard w/ Mo, Kmart and Evans filling out the rotation. That team could win the West. %+%$ a lob city, that !!+% not winning you any rings.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Wizards forum on RealGM is trying to figure out a way to land Melo...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm sorry...but regardless of how I feel about Melo...the franchise would need a shot in the arm like that. He wouldn't have to lead the team to a championship. Get us to Atlanta Hawks level where we're consistently 4-5 seed every year and at least the 2nd round and I'm satisfied in the short term. 
I can live with Melo taking 20 awful shots a game than having to stomach watching Nick Young and Jordan Crawford do it.

But w/o giving up Wall there's no way of that happening.

Disagree w. you.  I don't want this team to be like the Hawks.  Hawks = Big 3 era Wizards.  It's a team that you can see what their celing is.  Melo is not a player who is going to take this team to the next level.  He's a knucklehead, not a winner, and I thought this team was going to at least try to change the culture.  For as talented as he is, this would be a step backwards.   

If that Dwight rumor to Houston is true then I would approve.

Even if he doesn't resign it kick starts rebuilding which is really what needs to happen. Win/win.

Adding Howard along with Griffin/Paul is the only way I see us contending for a 'ship. Paul and Howard alone won't make us instant anything. We'll basically just be the West Coast Magic and them kats aint winning +!!% in the East right now is why Superman wants out in the first place. 
laugh.gif
Considering you only comment on things related to the Clippers, I'm a little surprised you would say that. If Chris Paul and Dwight would be the same thing as Jameer Nelson and Dwight.. then I don't know what to tell you. 

Essential1 broke it down nicely for the Nets if Dwight walks, I also feel they could package w/e they have left for an all star caliber pf or sf but I wouldn't count Dallas out yet if the plan is to go there for Deron and Dwight. I bet Dal even played coy by offering something weak like Odom, Carter, Beaubois, Mahimi to ORL and they shot it down.

Not sure what thread to put this in (this one, Javle has done it again, or season thread)...but I opted for here...JUST because it's a nugget from Chris Broussard and his "sources."

In addition to his on-court struggles, it appears that Wizards center JaVale McGee is a bit delusional. Sources say he has informed the Wizards that he will be looking for a contract averaging around $14 million when he becomes a free agent after next season.

laugh.gif

eek.gif

The Cavs are also in talks with the Hornets about swapping Antawn Jamison for Emeka Okafor and a first-round pick.
indifferent.gif

A second-round pick is likely all it would take for the Hornets to move Chris Kaman.
indifferent.gif

The Celtics offered Paul Pierce to the Blazers, though Broussard isn't sure who else would've been involved in the deal. Portland wasn't interested in Boston's proposal.
Ramon Sessions is unlikely to be moved unless the Cavaliers can get a first-round pick.
The Warriors preferred to deal Stephen Curry rather than Monta Ellis, but Curry's ongoing ankle issues hurt his trade value.
The Pistons are shopping Austin Daye "all day every day" but not many teams are biting.

Back
Top Bottom