Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

Originally Posted by Essential1

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 This dude Melo, he wanted NY, he got NY, now he wants out? C'mon son!

that cant be true
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by knightngale

The bulls and their love for Deng. Remember how bulls management and bulls fans did not want to trade Deng for Bryant even straight up? 
roll.gif

yes i do remember that.
"No Deng, No Deal"
Kobe didnt want to come to Chicago if that meant Luol leaving............dont get it twisted.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

Originally Posted by Essential1

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 This dude Melo, he wanted NY, he got NY, now he wants out? C'mon son!

that cant be true
laugh.gif

[h3]Source: Anthony Tells Friend He Wants Trade[/h3]
Mar 14, 2012 9:48 AM EDT

nyk_40.gif

Carmelo Anthony has told a confidant that he prefers a trade from the Knicks before the deadline, according to a source.

Anthony reportedly believes Mike D'Antoni and Glen Grunwald do not trust him. He is surprised that his opinion hasn't been sought more on personnel moves.

“The organization makes believe his opinions don’t matter,’’ the source said.

A source said Anthony and D’Antoni spoke in an attempt to reconcile their differences and made progress. Anthony will not make a formal trade request.

Anthony's agent Leon Rose refutes the report to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.

"Total nonsense," Rose tells Daily News. "It's laughable."

During Wednesday morning's shootaround, Anthony denied wanting to be traded.

"I don't know where that came from," said Anthony.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/news#ixzz1p7O7AyIH

[h3]Magic To Seek Trade Without Commitment From Howard[/h3]
Mar 14, 2012 2:12 PM EDT

Howard_Dwight_orl_120312.jpg
The Magic plan on trading Dwight Howard if they do not receive a commitment from him beyond the current season, according to sources.

"Dwight's dreaming if he thinks Orlando won't trade him without a commitment,'' a source said. "He needs to make some small commitment to them. They're saying it can't be one way.''

Orlando is convinced Howard is attempting to manipulate the situation. Sources say the Magic are incensed with Dan Fegan, who represents Howard, and is the driving force behind his push to leave the team.

Reports emerged on Tuesday that Howard hoped to sign with the Nets outright in free agency in order to allow his new team to retain their assets.

The Magic have told the Nets and Lakers, amongst other teams, to begin bidding for Howard.

The Nets are hoping to trade for Howard, which would bring certainty to their situation as the Mavericks remain a threat for Howard and Deron Williams.

The Lakers remain interested in Howard, though they have been more active in pursuing a trade of Pau Gasol and to add a point guard.

Orlando is interested in a trade with the Knicks for Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler, according to sources. New York has discussed the deal internally but have been given no assurance Howard would remain with the team in the long-term.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/news#ixzz1p7OhLQGv

[h3]Howard Confirms He Wants To Finish Season With Magic[/h3]
Mar 13, 2012 11:18 PM EDT

orl_40.gif

Dwight Howard addressed his future with the media following Orlando's overtime win over the Heat.

A report from Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski indicated Howard's preference is to remain with the Magic through the end of the season and then sign with the Nets in July.

"I've been telling them for the past two or three weeks now that I want to stay and finish the season," said Howard.

"I told them that I want to finish this season out and give our team and fans hope for the future. I feel they have to roll the dice."

Howard said he expects to finish the season with Orlando.

"I think we can make a run."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/news#ixzz1p7OnOyA4

[h3]Warriors Repeatedly Pursued Trade For Tyreke Evans[/h3]
Mar 14, 2012 12:07 PM EDT

gsw_40.gif

The Warriors have made repeated inquiries into the availability of Tyreke Evans, according to two sources.

Golden State as prepared to discuss a deal for Evans centered around Monta Ellis.

Evans will be eligible for an extension this summer.

Evans' former agent is Bob Myers, assistant GM of the Warriors.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/news#ixzz1p7OqePCz

[h3]Lakers, Spurs, Knicks, Celtics Express Interest In Trading For Josh Howard[/h3]
Mar 14, 2012 1:33 AM EDT

Howard_Josh_was_100219.jpg
The Lakers, Spurs, Knicks and Celtics are amongst the teams who have expressed interest in trading for Josh Howard, according to a source.

The Jazz currently are not motivated to trade Howard.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...rest_In_Trading_For_Josh_Howard#ixzz1p7OvA0Fk

[h3]Warriors Looking To Flip Stephen Jackson[/h3]
Mar 13, 2012 10:23 PM EDT

Jackson_Stephen_mil_120103.jpg
The Warriors are exploring a trade of Stephen Jackson who was acquired on Tuesday from Milwaukee, according to sources.

Jackson was acquired by Golden State in a deal that included Andrew Bogut in exchange for Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh and Kwame Brown.

The Magic were one team believed to be interested in trading for Jackson.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219698/Warriors_Looking_To_Flip_Stephen_Jackson#ixzz1p7P3dADc

[h3]Magic May Be Leaning Toward Trading Howard[/h3]
Mar 13, 2012 5:19 PM EDT

Howard_Dwight_orl_120311.jpg
The Magic are beginning to realize that their best course of action is to trade Dwight Howard and the Nets have emerged as the most likely trading partner, according to sources.

Otis Smith was actively making calls on Tuesday to find the best offer, but sources say he has not informed teams of Orlando's intentions.

The Warriors and Rockets remain the most serious teams willing to trade for Howard without an assurance he will re-sign.

The Lakers have also been on Howard's list of preferred destinations, but remain on the outer edges of talkes even though sources say they shouldn't be ruled out.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219688/Magic_May_Be_Leaning_Toward_Trading_Howard#ixzz1p7PAmDx3

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Adding Howard along with Griffin/Paul is the only way I see us contending for a 'ship. Paul and Howard alone won't make us instant anything. We'll basically just be the West Coast Magic and them kats aint winning +!!% in the East right now is why Superman wants out in the first place. 
laugh.gif
Considering you only comment on things related to the Clippers, I'm a little surprised you would say that. If Chris Paul and Dwight would be the same thing as Jameer Nelson and Dwight.. then I don't know what to tell you. 
this dude basically just said cp3 = jameer? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I would love to trade for Darius Morris I love his game, I think he could be a player in the right offense, Mike Brown and the laker's were basically the worst team he would have gotten drafted to.

Who would the Lakers give up then? Weren't the T-Wolves asking for just a 2nd round pick last week or something?

Originally Posted by 650sGABE

Who would the Lakers give up then? Weren't the T-Wolves asking for just a 2nd round pick last week or something?
thought it was a first rounder?

marath0n wrote:
Clipper fan here. I'd do it in a heartbeat, especially the way Blake and DJ have been playing. CP3 + Dwight, Anderson > CP3, Blake, DJ easily.
So based on how Blake has played these last few games you think we should trade him right now? I understand DJ but Griffin really? 
indifferent.gif

Beasley and a point guard will make the Lakers a legit contender again. Dude would be an excellent 6th man for LA if he doesn't smoke himself stupid.

Back
Top Bottom