Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by PMatic

@BlazerFreeman A source tells me there is legs to the three-team trade that would send Jamal Crawford to Minny and Steve Blake to Portland.
@BlazerFreeman The #Blazers would get a 1st-round pick in addition to Blake in the three-team deal. Not sure where the pick is comingfrom yet

@jwquick Sorry been trying to tend to a family matter, but agent Andy Miller (Crawford) says deal with Minn/LAL is close to being done. Blake to PDX.
@jwquick Steve Blake says he has not been informed of deal to Portland yet. @BlazerFreeman source says PDX gets 1st round pick, too

2ce0rad.gif

^What about the 1st round pick? Be happy it's Blake....I heard another report saying it was Derek Fisher
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AG 47

^What about the 1st round pick? Be happy it's Blake....I heard another report saying it was Derek Fisher
laugh.gif

I saw that too
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Kobe would be pretty upset

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Kidd sucks, I agree, but he said his intent was to retire with Dallas, and I think he's at the stage now where he knows he's not worth million anymore.

If he would agree to go year-to-year and hang around as the second PG, fine... I'm good with that. But he needs to be willing to accept playing like 15 minutes a night and being a mentor.

Originally Posted by AG 47

laugh.gif

Are you not familiar with Portland's draft practices?

And dont give us either of those bums. I'd rather just take Kobe promising he'll miss 2 shots on purpose in the 1st quarter of the next game we play against LA.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Kidd sucks, I agree, but he said his intent was to retire with Dallas, and I think he's at the stage now where he knows he's not worth million anymore.
If he would agree to go year-to-year and hang around as the second PG, fine... I'm good with that. But he needs to be willing to accept playing like 15 minutes a night and being a mentor.
"Deron is one of the best point guards in this league,'' Kidd said. "He puts a lot of pressure on you offensively and plays both ends. I'm a big fan of Deron's and if he was to come back here that would be great.

"I'm all for it."

"Oh yes, yes," Kidd said. "If he wants them right now I can give them to him."

"So he gets to explore free agency. It's a lot of fun. He wants to win, so we'll see what happens," Kidd said. "We have the same agent, so we've played a little golf. Wherever he ends up, I'm going to try to end up. Package deal.''

I suspect the respect is mutual, maybe not, but I don't see how anyone wouldn't want to be mentored by Kidd, especially someone as great as Deron.

By the way, Kev rollin over in his grave talking about Deron Williams like he's something worth talking about...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I know we have the worst PG depth in the league, but some Laker fans are really over-valuing Blake. Theres a reason why Chester and Noskey are shaking their heads right now. 
laugh.gif

The CBA was and will always be about money. Make no mistake about it. D12 has to realize in life not everyone is going to like you and every decision you make. You have to live your life.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

I know we have the worst PG depth in the league, but some Laker fans are really over-valuing Blake. Theres a reason why Chester and Noskey are shaking their heads right now. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
because youre making the worst PG team even worse! unless theres another deal in the works to pick up a PG. even then, i am a Blake fan in the right role

Originally Posted by frink85

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
because youre making the worst PG team even worse! unless theres another deal in the works to pick up a PG. even then, i am a Blake fan in the right role

He's Steve Blake.. He's an expendable PG that you can put almost any PG in the league in his position at 24 minutes and have him do the job...

And for a team that has been looking for a PG since last June.. You really think they will trade away Steve Blake if they didn't have a deal for another PG to come in today or tomorrow?

And even if there isn't a deal.. Gilbert Arenas would be signed.. I'd take Gilbert Arenas at 24minutes who would EASILY post up better numbers than Blake.. With 6 months off he'd post better numbers

Blake is a below average PG on this team...  You can get one of the best bench players in the league who is 23 years old, and you won't take it.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

What other PG does LA have other than Fish?
nerd.gif

Also, Gilbert Arenas to the Grizzlies?
nerd.gif

Well we still got magics statute outside
30t6p3b.gif

Grizzles won't sign Gilbert until he does a workout for them.. And it was already reported that if there is no deal to bring in a new starting PG for the Lakers by 3pm tomorrow. Gilbert will be signed .

So it is more so a race against the clock

This Dwight situation is more out of hand than the Lebron situation. Atleast, Lebron was playing it cool by saying "he'll make his decision at the end of the season." This fool Dwight is promising all kinds of things and haven't even signed anything. Making lies about his paperwork is at his home in Atlanta.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

This Dwight situation makes him look worse than lebron IMO.

outside of, "The Decision" which wasn't the smartest move. Even Lebron would admit that looking back on it, Lebron didn't do anything wrong. He was a free agent and had the freedom to sign wherever he wanted.

Dwight Howard has been making himself look bad with this whole set up though. If he kept his mouth shut and didn't say a ton of conflicting statements, he could leave after the season ended and I doubt anyone would look at him like a bad guy after he played 8 seasons for that team.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

And if not, is he a member of the Houston Rockets?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Say what? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
That's one of the teams that is in the Rent-A-Dwight..

But I don't see Dwight costing the Rockets anything short of Martin & Lowry + Picks

Back
Top Bottom