Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Why are people so cot damn salty about Dwight?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by Buc Em

If he wants to be in movies his corny $%# should stay in Disney World where he's already at.

But if he wants to come to Philly I'm sure Will Smith could work something out....

And why would he want to play with the Sixers.

Why would he not want to play with the Sixers? We're the best defensive team in the league by far this season and would be able to sign him with keeping all of our top 8 in the rotation after amnestying Brand this summer.I'd also explore trading Thad, Nocioni's expiring and a 1st rounder for Josh Smith. Jrue-Turner-Iguodala-Smith-Dwight would have the chance to be one of the greatest defensive teams of all time. If there would be one way to stop a team like the Heat, putting together a defensive squad like that would be it.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by xbiker47

laugh.gif
 at him not going to the bulls. He obviously does not care about winning

he also said chicago is too cold

yet he would play for the nets. out here in ny, it gets pretty damn cold here to dwight.
This is the part I don't understand either 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
This.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
IMO it's because it's becoming more evident that he's not signing with their fav. team. Look who's complaining and check their team.

laugh.gif

Some are salty and others, like myself, are just confused, but I wish him the best wherever he decides to go 
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Because he's cot damn lie about his intentions. He's not trying to win.

ORL has no leverage.

Not entirely true. some teams, such as the Warriors, are willing to rent Dwight for a year and supposedly have offered packages including Monta and David Lee, but Otis turned them down.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Keep Dwight? Not if the Magic could trade him to Chicago

The Bulls (34-9) also have the best record in the league and are "built for long-term success," said one person familiar with their strategy, making a trade for Howard a non-starter without his blessing. Bulls officials do, according to sources, privately have concerns about whether they have enough to get past Miami in a playoff series, but are content to take a shot at it with the group they have.

happy.gif

Dwight should walk this summer and sign for the vet minimum in MIA if he really only cares about winning.

He's going to walk at the end of the year, because Otis isn't going to trade him.

Also Lakers and Celtics discussed Rondo for Pau swap, but nothing really got off the ground last week.

I'd bet almost everyone who has something negative to say about Dwight would be silenced if their team made a trade for him and he extended.

Call him a clown, too goofy, doesn't care about winning, wants the attention, whatever, he's still the best big man in the game, no injury history, and can single handedly take a bad or average defense team and make them elite.

Not to mention, most of this isn't Dwight speaking directly to the media, its "sources" or "insiders" making claims that just gets people talking about nothing.

So he never came out and said he wants to be the closer, I could have sworn there was an interview(s) directly from his mouth saying most of this stuff. We've all seen his fickleness on display this season...it's not all claims and fabrications.

My issue with him isn't whether or not he comes to Chicago because I honestly never expected him to end up here, I just wanted my FO to do its due diligence. My issue is with the conflicting statements he's released... You want to win but your first wish is jersey? The whole cold weather stuff I'm not really sure about, but him wanting to be The Closer speaks volumes to me.

What that says to me is that he wants the spotlight and to be the man more than actually being in the best situation to win... Bc if he was all about that Okc, La, Dal, & Chicago would be the logical destinations. Just come out and say you want to go where you want to go and let that be it. Stop playing possum.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'd bet almost everyone who has something negative to say about Dwight would be silenced if their team made a trade for him and he extended.

Call him a clown, too goofy, doesn't care about winning, wants the attention, whatever, he's still the best big man in the game, no injury history, and can single handedly take a bad or average defense team and make them elite.

He already said who he'd like to play with (DWill and Morrow) while in Russia a little while back. The Magic the Nets had a deal before the season but the Magic owner stepped in and stopped it.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Big J 33

That's a given, but can't he/the organization just DECIDE ALREADY??? All this stringing along &@^# is ridiculous. He's acting like it's his time of the month, but is
doing it weekly. Everybody except Cleveland fans knew Lebron was leaving, and both Melo and Denver knew what the end result was gonna be, it was just a matter

of who would be packaged and that's it.

He's dumb for not wanting to go to Chicago.

Also, the Thunder rejected a trade Ibaka/Harden for Dwight? Why in the world wouldn't you pull the trigger on that?

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

He's dumb for not wanting to go to Chicago.

Also, the Thunder rejected a trade Ibaka/Harden for Dwight? Why in the world wouldn't you pull the trigger on that?
why would you? OKC current core is playing lights out and 2nd best record. why trade and disrupt chemistry? unless dwight agrees not to opt out, no one would do it.  
they have scorers, defenders and more scorers.  okc doesn't need dwight

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

Why would they risk ruining their future when there's no guarantee that Dwight would re-up in OKC?

interesting that on friday, orlando plays new jersey! the day after the trade deadline....but first a huge game tomorrow night vs miami . i feel otis gonna make the move between those 2 games. its the only obvious thing to do.....

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by xbiker47

laugh.gif
 at him not going to the bulls. He obviously does not care about winning
he also said chicago is too cold

yet he would play for the nets. out here in ny, it gets pretty damn cold here to dwight.
This is the part I don't understand either 
tired.gif
423608_309664365757904_114257865298556_853878_829289919_n.jpg

He don't want you man
Originally Posted by AG 47

ORL has no leverage.
Not entirely true. some teams, such as the Warriors, are willing to rent Dwight for a year and supposedly have offered packages including Monta and David Lee, but Otis turned them down.
That means nothing to Dwight. So he'll play his contract out on another team, probably not make the playoffs and then probably publicly announce he's going to the Nets. The Nets can pay him so it's not like this is about money. That's why I said this aint nothing like the Knicks situation cuz Dwight has not given any indication that he badly wants to go to the team he wants and get that extension money.

Back
Top Bottom