Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

I still think we can/need to make a deal for Asante, he's the odd man out there now with Asomugha and Rodgers-Cromartie coming in.

We're slowly but surely making some moves, I REALLY wish we could have kept Franklin, he was a monster and will be hard to replace.

I think if we can make a trade for Asante and sign a wide-out like Braylon Edwards or Malcolm Floyd we will be right there competing again. But I really hope we dont try to go into this season without addressing an OL, DB, or WR.

@VernonDavis85
We look really good but I believe we are still bringing guys in at the moment to fill a few spots so stay tuned in.

If we pick up Braylon Edwards, Alex Smith or whoever the I need to read NikeTalk's rules. the Niners are gonna put at QB will have a target to throw to.

If we pick up Braylon Edwards, Alex Smith or whoever the I need to read NikeTalk's rules. the Niners are gonna put at QB will have a target to throw to.

I'm a Skins fan just came in to see how Niners fans had to say about the Carlos Rodgers pickup. After watching the dude play since a rookie he has turned into a solid corner back. He is physical, can play bump in run, and can tackle. However, his downfall is that he is far from a playmaker and HE CANT CATCH THE BALL. I cant tell you how many key INTs he has dropped over the years. IMO he is a decent number 2 corner.

I'm a Skins fan just came in to see how Niners fans had to say about the Carlos Rodgers pickup. After watching the dude play since a rookie he has turned into a solid corner back. He is physical, can play bump in run, and can tackle. However, his downfall is that he is far from a playmaker and HE CANT CATCH THE BALL. I cant tell you how many key INTs he has dropped over the years. IMO he is a decent number 2 corner.

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Between Braylon Edwards and Ted Ginn, I wouldn't want to know how many drops both of them will have combined...

Between Braylon Edwards and Ted Ginn, I wouldn't want to know how many drops both of them will have combined...

Originally Posted by Madman4life

See thats probably the biggest knock on Rodgers.  If he can run with the receiver, cover the receiver and be smart enough to take a knee/run out of bounds after making an interception instead of trying to score a TD with less than 2 minutes left to go in the game, while your team is winning, then he's an upgrade. 

See thats probably the biggest knock on Rodgers.  If he can run with the receiver, cover the receiver and be smart enough to take a knee/run out of bounds after making an interception instead of trying to score a TD with less than 2 minutes left to go in the game, while your team is winning, then he's an upgrade. 

Originally Posted by acidicality

Yeah that's the downside of Braylon
frown.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Yeah that's the downside of Braylon
frown.gif

this.. i dont get why folks give corners a hard time for not catching the ball..

don't remember who said it or who said it first, but if corners could catch they would be playing offense

this.. i dont get why folks give corners a hard time for not catching the ball..

don't remember who said it or who said it first, but if corners could catch they would be playing offense

Jed York on KNBR (this morning)

When asked why other teams are making moves and why the niners havent been making too many FA signings

"They're scared of us"

When asked why other teams are making moves and why the niners havent been making too many FA signings

"They're scared of us"

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

"They're scared of us"
i really wish i had the rolling stone face smiley for this one.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

"They're scared of us"
i really wish i had the rolling stone face smiley for this one.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

True. But an INT can kill a drive and turn the momentum in a game.  I dont expect a DB to have the hands of Chris Carter however if the ball hits him on the hands or on the numbers I do expect you to come away with it at least 70 percent of the time.  Carlos Rodgers couldnt even do that.  It was downright frustrating him drop a sure INT.  Dangelo Hall on the other hand was a worst cover corner than Rodgers but he could actually make a play on the ball and catch it which led to positive things happening. Ask Jay Cutler, LOL.  But overall Carlos Rodgers is a good corner.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

True. But an INT can kill a drive and turn the momentum in a game.  I dont expect a DB to have the hands of Chris Carter however if the ball hits him on the hands or on the numbers I do expect you to come away with it at least 70 percent of the time.  Carlos Rodgers couldnt even do that.  It was downright frustrating him drop a sure INT.  Dangelo Hall on the other hand was a worst cover corner than Rodgers but he could actually make a play on the ball and catch it which led to positive things happening. Ask Jay Cutler, LOL.  But overall Carlos Rodgers is a good corner.

i agree.. and that's why you can't pay him a crap load (or why he shouldn't have been drafted so high) because you need those guys to be playmakers AS WELL being solid at their position

i agree.. and that's why you can't pay him a crap load (or why he shouldn't have been drafted so high) because you need those guys to be playmakers AS WELL being solid at their position

Back
Top Bottom