Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

money is no object rite gaiz?!

laugh.gif

wherever it was noted, it's correct-- whatever the 49ers say or do, believe the opposite!!

money is no object rite gaiz?!

laugh.gif

wherever it was noted, it's correct-- whatever the 49ers say or do, believe the opposite!!

RT @timkawakami: NFL source: 49ers have had initial discussions with ex-Denver coach Josh McDaniels in lieu of possible Harbaugh-Miami deal.
laugh.gif

I'd take him as long as he just coached and had zero ability to trade players, him, a new aggressive DC and trade for kyle orton. Decent way to go into 2011 season
ohwell.gif

RT @timkawakami: NFL source: 49ers have had initial discussions with ex-Denver coach Josh McDaniels in lieu of possible Harbaugh-Miami deal.
laugh.gif

I'd take him as long as he just coached and had zero ability to trade players, him, a new aggressive DC and trade for kyle orton. Decent way to go into 2011 season
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

I'd be surprised if the Dolphins got him, he has the perfect situation in SF, it's not like the Dolphins have a stud QB on their roster.

It's likely Jim is using them for leverage to get more, which you can't blame him for doing so. Jed has said he's willing to pay, so let's see if he's true to his word.
Explain yo' self.

I'd be surprised if the Dolphins got him, he has the perfect situation in SF, it's not like the Dolphins have a stud QB on their roster.

It's likely Jim is using them for leverage to get more, which you can't blame him for doing so. Jed has said he's willing to pay, so let's see if he's true to his word.
Explain yo' self.

Originally Posted by truthmain

Explain yo' self.

Here is why Harbaugh could see the 49ers as his best option:
* He already has achieved as much as is possible at Stanford, and Harbaugh always has envisioned winning a Super Bowl, which he did not do as a player.

That apparently is what largely kept Harbaugh from accepting the bid from Michigan and what would lure him away from Stanford — the chance to win a Lombardi Trophy.
* Harbaugh would like to stay on the West Coast and also would prefer to be in the NFC, away from potential yearly clashes with his brother, John, coach of the playoff-bound Baltimore Ravens.
* Harbaugh cherishes the relationship he cultivated at Stanford with Bill Walsh, and loves the idea of following Walsh’s footsteps from Stanford to the 49ers.
* With the 49ers at a very weak place — and in dire need of excitement on the buildup to a new stadium — Harbaugh can practically name his price and set up the personnel staff to his wishes.

Not to mention his wife just had a newborn so he might not want to move. The job is set up for him perfectly with a lot of great pieces in place, and he can choose his own QB to develop from year one.

If he's about the money, he probably won't be in SF. We might know by tomorrow it seems like.

Originally Posted by truthmain

Explain yo' self.

Here is why Harbaugh could see the 49ers as his best option:
* He already has achieved as much as is possible at Stanford, and Harbaugh always has envisioned winning a Super Bowl, which he did not do as a player.

That apparently is what largely kept Harbaugh from accepting the bid from Michigan and what would lure him away from Stanford — the chance to win a Lombardi Trophy.
* Harbaugh would like to stay on the West Coast and also would prefer to be in the NFC, away from potential yearly clashes with his brother, John, coach of the playoff-bound Baltimore Ravens.
* Harbaugh cherishes the relationship he cultivated at Stanford with Bill Walsh, and loves the idea of following Walsh’s footsteps from Stanford to the 49ers.
* With the 49ers at a very weak place — and in dire need of excitement on the buildup to a new stadium — Harbaugh can practically name his price and set up the personnel staff to his wishes.

Not to mention his wife just had a newborn so he might not want to move. The job is set up for him perfectly with a lot of great pieces in place, and he can choose his own QB to develop from year one.

If he's about the money, he probably won't be in SF. We might know by tomorrow it seems like.

So five mil a year is all we get to spend on a head coach huh? Great. Awesome.

#*#! You Jed!!!!!

So five mil a year is all we get to spend on a head coach huh? Great. Awesome.

#*#! You Jed!!!!!

It could be that he's using it as leverage. I expect to hear good news tomorrow, we just gotta hope for the best that they don't screw this up.
ohwell.gif

It could be that he's using it as leverage. I expect to hear good news tomorrow, we just gotta hope for the best that they don't screw this up.
ohwell.gif

Well I hope something happens ASAP... They need to sit down and start figuring out what they are going to do with the draft and free agency

Back
Top Bottom