Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

same as its ever been
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by dland24

Looks like the 49ers are about to get fined for Harbaugh's workouts with Alex Smith.

http://www.csnbayarea.com...ockID=468004&feedID=5936

When is this nightmare going to end?

laugh.gif

All you guys acting like you know more about QBs than Harbaugh. I'll trust Harbaugh's opinion on QBs. His track record speaks for itself.

What do you think Harbaugh is seeing within the last few months that we haven't seen? Alex Smith has contributed to coaches loosing there job. The fans don't believe in him and neither do the players. And I don't think Alex even believes in himself.

Looks like the 49ers are about to get fined for Harbaugh's workouts with Alex Smith.

http://www.csnbayarea.com...ockID=468004&feedID=5936

When is this nightmare going to end?

laugh.gif

All you guys acting like you know more about QBs than Harbaugh. I'll trust Harbaugh's opinion on QBs. His track record speaks for itself.

What do you think Harbaugh is seeing within the last few months that we haven't seen? Alex Smith has contributed to coaches loosing there job. The fans don't believe in him and neither do the players. And I don't think Alex even believes in himself.

I can't believe we are seriously considering bringing Alex back. Amazing. The organization just needs to move on. If he struggles next year under Harbaugh then what? Are they going to say he needs more time with Harbaugh? I know he hasn't had the best conditions to play under but he hasn't shown any signs of improvement in 5 years. Both the Niners and Alex need to move on. He's been given enough chances here, both need a change of scenery.

I can't believe we are seriously considering bringing Alex back. Amazing. The organization just needs to move on. If he struggles next year under Harbaugh then what? Are they going to say he needs more time with Harbaugh? I know he hasn't had the best conditions to play under but he hasn't shown any signs of improvement in 5 years. Both the Niners and Alex need to move on. He's been given enough chances here, both need a change of scenery.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

QFT!

this is like a bad relationship that never ends.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

QFT!

this is like a bad relationship that never ends.

You guys arent looking at the big picture.  A majority of us dont like Smith, but I think Harbaugh is speaking highly of Smith both because of the CBA and the mediocre FA QB class.  Hes buttering him up, you cant talk negative about Smith when he could be the best QB for the roster next year.  What if the CBA runs deep into the summer?  Which would be the QB out there in the FA class that would already know how the organization runs, how WR run their routes, timing etc?  Smith.  There would be no time for a FA QB to learn all that if the CBA runs longer than everyones hoping for. 
Everyone look at the QB FA list, who is a QB on that list that makes you think is a clear cut, no doubt improvement over Smith?  Nobody. 
Trade for Kolb?  Looks like the price tag is high on him, hes not even proven.  Palmer?  What if he retires?  The owner already said he wouldnt trade him, he didnt trade Ocho when he requested to be.  Orton?  Hes gonna be DEN #1, they dont like Tebow.

You guys arent looking at the big picture.  A majority of us dont like Smith, but I think Harbaugh is speaking highly of Smith both because of the CBA and the mediocre FA QB class.  Hes buttering him up, you cant talk negative about Smith when he could be the best QB for the roster next year.  What if the CBA runs deep into the summer?  Which would be the QB out there in the FA class that would already know how the organization runs, how WR run their routes, timing etc?  Smith.  There would be no time for a FA QB to learn all that if the CBA runs longer than everyones hoping for. 
Everyone look at the QB FA list, who is a QB on that list that makes you think is a clear cut, no doubt improvement over Smith?  Nobody. 
Trade for Kolb?  Looks like the price tag is high on him, hes not even proven.  Palmer?  What if he retires?  The owner already said he wouldnt trade him, he didnt trade Ocho when he requested to be.  Orton?  Hes gonna be DEN #1, they dont like Tebow.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

I agree that Smith may be one of the better options considering the circumstances, but Harbaugh's system is going to be completely different from Singeltary's (Mike Johnson/Jimmy Raye) so I'm not sure how relevant knowing how WR run their routes (though it's definitely better than a new QB coming in with only two weeks of training camp, which could happen if the lockout prolongs).;

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

I agree that Smith may be one of the better options considering the circumstances, but Harbaugh's system is going to be completely different from Singeltary's (Mike Johnson/Jimmy Raye) so I'm not sure how relevant knowing how WR run their routes (though it's definitely better than a new QB coming in with only two weeks of training camp, which could happen if the lockout prolongs).;

What exactly did Harbaugh do for Josh Johnson and Andrew Luck?  Josh Johnson hasnt really had much of an opportunity in the NFL, so there is no measurable success that you can credit Harbaugh for.  And Luck?  He was a highly recruited QB out of high school, and he has yet to play a snap in the NFL.  So where is this proven track record you speak of?

What did he do for Luck and Johnson? You've got to be $*%!%@# kidding me. If you're seriously asking that, my response won't even matter. I'm done.

The point/question I was trying to make/ask, which you quickly decided to dismiss, was that Harbaugh really hasnt done anything in terms of NFL success.  Luck turned into one of the best prospects in a long time, BUT its not like he wasnt a highly recruited player out of high school (who was known for pinpoint accuracy prior to Harbaugh working with him).

All I was asking was where is this track record?  Does he have a track record of taking a bad veteran NFL QB who has horrible mechanics/habits and making him into a winning NFL QB?  No he doesnt.  Thats all I'm saying. 

And to respond to your smartass comment about people thinking we know more about QBs than Harbaugh does, NO, I clearly dont.  But I have witnessed first hand the garbage play that Alex has shown for 6 years.  He isnt a good QB.  Maybe Harbaugh can turn him into a serviceable QB....I have faith he can do that.  But I dont want a serviceable QB.  I want a good/great one.

What exactly did Harbaugh do for Josh Johnson and Andrew Luck?  Josh Johnson hasnt really had much of an opportunity in the NFL, so there is no measurable success that you can credit Harbaugh for.  And Luck?  He was a highly recruited QB out of high school, and he has yet to play a snap in the NFL.  So where is this proven track record you speak of?

What did he do for Luck and Johnson? You've got to be $*%!%@# kidding me. If you're seriously asking that, my response won't even matter. I'm done.

The point/question I was trying to make/ask, which you quickly decided to dismiss, was that Harbaugh really hasnt done anything in terms of NFL success.  Luck turned into one of the best prospects in a long time, BUT its not like he wasnt a highly recruited player out of high school (who was known for pinpoint accuracy prior to Harbaugh working with him).

All I was asking was where is this track record?  Does he have a track record of taking a bad veteran NFL QB who has horrible mechanics/habits and making him into a winning NFL QB?  No he doesnt.  Thats all I'm saying. 

And to respond to your smartass comment about people thinking we know more about QBs than Harbaugh does, NO, I clearly dont.  But I have witnessed first hand the garbage play that Alex has shown for 6 years.  He isnt a good QB.  Maybe Harbaugh can turn him into a serviceable QB....I have faith he can do that.  But I dont want a serviceable QB.  I want a good/great one.

Luck would probably be pretty damn good without Harbaugh, but with Harbaugh, he's turned into arguably the best QB prospect in the last ten years. He also made superscrubs Tavita Pritchard and TC Ostrander look good at times.

It's going to be interesting what QB we draft next month....the draft can't come any sooner
pimp.gif

Luck would probably be pretty damn good without Harbaugh, but with Harbaugh, he's turned into arguably the best QB prospect in the last ten years. He also made superscrubs Tavita Pritchard and TC Ostrander look good at times.

It's going to be interesting what QB we draft next month....the draft can't come any sooner
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom