Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

No one is doubting Harbaugh's confidence. We all know he is confident. But so was Singletary. So was Nolan.

Just saying.

No one is doubting Harbaugh's confidence. We all know he is confident. But so was Singletary. So was Nolan.

Just saying.

I agree with that. Difference is, Nolan and Singletary aren't offensive coaches. But I understand why people don't want him back at all costs.

Nolan took freaking Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers, and it set our franchise back 10 years.
30t6p3b.gif
I said it during the 2005 draft, said it again a few years ago, and it's gotta be one of the biggest blunders in draft history. You have a local kid with everything you can ask for in a QB and you go with the yes-man QB. People say Rodgers benefited from being under Favre, but that's %@+#*$%@, he would have been a good QB anywhere, he's had a !%%#!# o-line in his time as a Packer and still put up numbers.

I agree with that. Difference is, Nolan and Singletary aren't offensive coaches. But I understand why people don't want him back at all costs.

Nolan took freaking Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers, and it set our franchise back 10 years.
30t6p3b.gif
I said it during the 2005 draft, said it again a few years ago, and it's gotta be one of the biggest blunders in draft history. You have a local kid with everything you can ask for in a QB and you go with the yes-man QB. People say Rodgers benefited from being under Favre, but that's %@+#*$%@, he would have been a good QB anywhere, he's had a !%%#!# o-line in his time as a Packer and still put up numbers.

Originally Posted by acidicality

30t6p3b.gif
I said it during the 2005 draft, said it again a few years ago, and it's gotta be one of the biggest blunders in draft history.

Can we please stop bringing up this !%#+!$%@. There is a reason why he fell to 24 besides team need. Look at the history of Tedford QB's in the league. That is a huge reason why he fell like a rock. The track record is atrocious. Aaron was far from the sure thing that people like to make him out to be. Plus he was able to sit for years and be in one system learning from one of the best in the game. Alex has had a new system every ##!+!+% year. I don't think Alex is that good but he was not in an environment that allowed him to succeed.

Truth is Alex or Aaron didn't deserve to go #1 that year. We wanted a face of a franchise and reached on a QB. It's that simple.

30t6p3b.gif
I said it during the 2005 draft, said it again a few years ago, and it's gotta be one of the biggest blunders in draft history.

Can we please stop bringing up this !%#+!$%@. There is a reason why he fell to 24 besides team need. Look at the history of Tedford QB's in the league. That is a huge reason why he fell like a rock. The track record is atrocious. Aaron was far from the sure thing that people like to make him out to be. Plus he was able to sit for years and be in one system learning from one of the best in the game. Alex has had a new system every ##!+!+% year. I don't think Alex is that good but he was not in an environment that allowed him to succeed.

Truth is Alex or Aaron didn't deserve to go #1 that year. We wanted a face of a franchise and reached on a QB. It's that simple.

No, I can't stop bringing that up, so deal with it.
laugh.gif

Mike Nolan made a really costly move that crippled our franchise. Anyone who watched college football back in those years knows that Aaron Rodgers had the entire skillset of a pro-style quarterback.

laugh.gif

Mike Nolan made a really costly move that crippled our franchise. Anyone who watched college football back in those years knows that Aaron Rodgers had the entire skillset of a pro-style quarterback.

laugh.gif

Nobody knew that. It's like saying you knew Tom Brady or Joe Montana had the complete package during their draft. Please let's give this a rest. Alex Smith will be a niner and hopefully he can finally redeem himself.
grin.gif

laugh.gif

Nobody knew that. It's like saying you knew Tom Brady or Joe Montana had the complete package during their draft. Please let's give this a rest. Alex Smith will be a niner and hopefully he can finally redeem himself.
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I have to agree. It still baffles me that they chose the guy who played in a spread offense at Utah. Who does that? Oh yeah the niners do smh, now it seems we can't get away from him no matter what we do.

laugh.gif

I have to agree. It still baffles me that they chose the guy who played in a spread offense at Utah. Who does that? Oh yeah the niners do smh, now it seems we can't get away from him no matter what we do.

Coach Jim Harbaugh made it clear that he fully expects free agent Alex Smith to re-sign and start the season for the 49ers.
"Alex is going to definitely have the head start," Harbaugh said. "He has played in the National Football League. He's won games in the National Football League. So if I'm a betting man, I'm betting on Alex Smith." The 49ers are highly unlikely to add another veteran QB.

Coach Jim Harbaugh made it clear that he fully expects free agent Alex Smith to re-sign and start the season for the 49ers.
"Alex is going to definitely have the head start," Harbaugh said. "He has played in the National Football League. He's won games in the National Football League. So if I'm a betting man, I'm betting on Alex Smith." The 49ers are highly unlikely to add another veteran QB.

I just hope the fans boo the @%** out of Smith. And this better be the LAST year we have to deal with this bum. I still can't believe he is coming back tho...
30t6p3b.gif

I just hope the fans boo the @%** out of Smith. And this better be the LAST year we have to deal with this bum. I still can't believe he is coming back tho...
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom