Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Every pick the Niners have made is a potential based pick. All have really high ceilings.

Aldon Smith has the potential to be the best defensive player in this class and that's not an exaggeration. He's a tremendous athlete with a great first step. Good acceleration and shows great bend and can turn the corner. He's got a 7' wingspan with a nonstop motor. He is a very versatile player who can play multiple positions. He still needs to be better against the run and does not have a ton of experience. He is sloppy at times with his technique and can get to tall at times.

For Caepernick just gotta trust Harbaugh on this one. If you don't think Harbaugh can ID and groom a QB then there is no way you could have supported this hire. This is his area of expertise. The pistol offense and the weird delivery are major issues to me but I don't know better than harbaugh.

I personally hate the Culliver pick. On paper the guys looks the part, that isn't an issue. He bounced around playing multiple positions going to safety and corner. He was never a real playmaker at USCe. His footwork and back pedal are atrocious. But that comes from his lack of experience at the position. I was personally screaming at my TV for Patrick or Burton.

To give up our 1st 4th and our 5th was awful. Off the top of my head the first fourth should have been enough to get into that pick, and if it wasn't a 5th was too much to make it 'fair'. If someone wants to look up the value chart and see if I'm right go ahead. I don't fault them for moving up for their guy but the price was steep. And this lead to my next issue.

We moved down 4 spotsin the 3rd to pick up an extra 6th. We already have to 6th's and then took Culliver. We probably wanted another 6th to use as ammo to get back into the 5th if a player falls that we like. By moving down, this took Casey off the board who was the best NT prospect left and with Fua going off the board there isn't any value left at the position. Nobody should come off the board until the 6th at that position. There are CB targets who will be available in the mid 4th. Who knows how far Burton will fall and I am a big fan of Davon House.

This is gonna be a boom or bust draft. Harbaugh and Trent will either be heroes or goats for this draft. There is a lot of pressure on this staff to turn potential into production. We will have to wait and see.

Every pick the Niners have made is a potential based pick. All have really high ceilings.

Aldon Smith has the potential to be the best defensive player in this class and that's not an exaggeration. He's a tremendous athlete with a great first step. Good acceleration and shows great bend and can turn the corner. He's got a 7' wingspan with a nonstop motor. He is a very versatile player who can play multiple positions. He still needs to be better against the run and does not have a ton of experience. He is sloppy at times with his technique and can get to tall at times.

For Caepernick just gotta trust Harbaugh on this one. If you don't think Harbaugh can ID and groom a QB then there is no way you could have supported this hire. This is his area of expertise. The pistol offense and the weird delivery are major issues to me but I don't know better than harbaugh.

I personally hate the Culliver pick. On paper the guys looks the part, that isn't an issue. He bounced around playing multiple positions going to safety and corner. He was never a real playmaker at USCe. His footwork and back pedal are atrocious. But that comes from his lack of experience at the position. I was personally screaming at my TV for Patrick or Burton.

To give up our 1st 4th and our 5th was awful. Off the top of my head the first fourth should have been enough to get into that pick, and if it wasn't a 5th was too much to make it 'fair'. If someone wants to look up the value chart and see if I'm right go ahead. I don't fault them for moving up for their guy but the price was steep. And this lead to my next issue.

We moved down 4 spotsin the 3rd to pick up an extra 6th. We already have to 6th's and then took Culliver. We probably wanted another 6th to use as ammo to get back into the 5th if a player falls that we like. By moving down, this took Casey off the board who was the best NT prospect left and with Fua going off the board there isn't any value left at the position. Nobody should come off the board until the 6th at that position. There are CB targets who will be available in the mid 4th. Who knows how far Burton will fall and I am a big fan of Davon House.

This is gonna be a boom or bust draft. Harbaugh and Trent will either be heroes or goats for this draft. There is a lot of pressure on this staff to turn potential into production. We will have to wait and see.

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

scaled.php

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Hopefully he works out!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I got faith in him.
laugh.gif

We did a pretty good job, I feel.

can't believe we didn't get mallett. if off the field issues keep him from reaching his potential, i can live with that, especially as a second rounder. nothing about kaepernick looks like an nfl qb. i don't trust hairball more than any other niners coach from the past 10 years, let him get some pro wins before we start anointing him

can't believe we didn't get mallett. if off the field issues keep him from reaching his potential, i can live with that, especially as a second rounder. nothing about kaepernick looks like an nfl qb. i don't trust hairball more than any other niners coach from the past 10 years, let him get some pro wins before we start anointing him

I don't like Mallett at all. The Patriots are really the only team who could put him in a situation where he "might" be able to succeed. On the other hand, while Kaepernick doesn't have his accuracy right now, I feel like he's a winner, he's someone Harbaugh can mold and teach to reach his full potential. We'll see what happens a couple years down the line I guess.

Agreed with KingJames, there's a lot of potential in our picks, a lot of very boom or bust type prospects, especially with the first two picks. Just gotta see what happens, but I personally am alright with the draft thus far, they picked up players at positions of need.

I don't like Mallett at all. The Patriots are really the only team who could put him in a situation where he "might" be able to succeed. On the other hand, while Kaepernick doesn't have his accuracy right now, I feel like he's a winner, he's someone Harbaugh can mold and teach to reach his full potential. We'll see what happens a couple years down the line I guess.

Agreed with KingJames, there's a lot of potential in our picks, a lot of very boom or bust type prospects, especially with the first two picks. Just gotta see what happens, but I personally am alright with the draft thus far, they picked up players at positions of need.

i feel sorry for you younger 49er fans who werent around when the niners were a winning franchise and were spoiled with great quarterbacks and wide recievers.

anyone know how to get alex smith a lifetime ban from the nfl?

i feel sorry for you younger 49er fans who werent around when the niners were a winning franchise and were spoiled with great quarterbacks and wide recievers.

anyone know how to get alex smith a lifetime ban from the nfl?

Originally Posted by What up

It's like most 49ers fans haven't learned. I remember all the hype coming into the 2010 season where everyone was ready to follow Singletary into battle. Then the wheels fell off. Now here comes Harbaugh and everyone is gushing, "I trust Jim, I really believe he knows what he's doing." @#$+ that. I want "Jim," these players, and this organization to prove to me they can win before I give out my trust. The culture of losing as been absorbed into this franchise and I for one am absolute guarded and have my reservations about this year and the future.

I need a drink. If anyone is going to Off the Grid, I'll be the white dude with a Giants hat. Say "what up."
While I agree w/ you, I'm gonna give harbaugh a pass on next season w/ all the lockout problems, that being said I fully expect a playoff run in 2012

I love how everyone keeps saying Alex is gone. Until I see him with another NFL jersey on (or a CFL or AFL jersey), he is a 49er.

And for those who are claiming that Kaep wont play a game this year, remember Harbaugh has explicitly stated there will be a QB competiton. Alex doesnt win those.

Your 2011 starting QB: Colin Kaepernick
Theres no way Kaepernick starts any games until the 9ers are out of the playoff race.......so look for him to play around week 10
laugh.gif

It's like most 49ers fans haven't learned. I remember all the hype coming into the 2010 season where everyone was ready to follow Singletary into battle. Then the wheels fell off. Now here comes Harbaugh and everyone is gushing, "I trust Jim, I really believe he knows what he's doing." @#$+ that. I want "Jim," these players, and this organization to prove to me they can win before I give out my trust. The culture of losing as been absorbed into this franchise and I for one am absolute guarded and have my reservations about this year and the future.

I need a drink. If anyone is going to Off the Grid, I'll be the white dude with a Giants hat. Say "what up."
While I agree w/ you, I'm gonna give harbaugh a pass on next season w/ all the lockout problems, that being said I fully expect a playoff run in 2012

I love how everyone keeps saying Alex is gone. Until I see him with another NFL jersey on (or a CFL or AFL jersey), he is a 49er.

And for those who are claiming that Kaep wont play a game this year, remember Harbaugh has explicitly stated there will be a QB competiton. Alex doesnt win those.

Theres no way Kaepernick starts any games until the 9ers are out of the playoff race.......so look for him to play around week 10
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Theres no way Kaepernick starts any games until the 9ers are out of the playoff race.......so look for him to play around week 10 6 or 7
laugh.gif

the sooner Smith is out, the better fans will feel.

Back
Top Bottom