Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

If the Niners don't get Andrew Luck, would you draft Mallet with the 7th pick? If available? (I have no idea how high his stock is in the draft)

Teams often reach for a QB but I think it's very likely he'll be available. Either Newton or Mallett should be available for us if we want either. If we get Harbaugh I think Mallett could be very interesting, I'm not 100% sold on him but I'd rather have him over Newton.

Teams often reach for a QB but I think it's very likely he'll be available. Either Newton or Mallett should be available for us if we want either. If we get Harbaugh I think Mallett could be very interesting, I'm not 100% sold on him but I'd rather have him over Newton.

Are the Panthers really going to pick a QB with the first pick or are they just saying that to get a higher value for the 1st pick? I mean they just picked Clausen last year. I havent been following him at all but they are only going to judge him on half a season or how many games he played?

Are the Panthers really going to pick a QB with the first pick or are they just saying that to get a higher value for the 1st pick? I mean they just picked Clausen last year. I havent been following him at all but they are only going to judge him on half a season or how many games he played?

Originally Posted by acidicality

A lot of mock drafts have the 49ers picking the best player available, but I believe the 49ers will reach for QB is one of the other QB's not named Andrew Luck becomes available although other great QB's have been available during the later rounds.  I believe they will reach because the QB position is what's been holding the 49ers back as a playoff team in the NFC West.  Plus, Jed York has to make a big splash along with the new GM and Coach to get fans to believe once again.

I see people's opinions on Mallet is so so with Newton being a project running QB.  What do you guys think of Jake Locker at 7?

Originally Posted by acidicality

A lot of mock drafts have the 49ers picking the best player available, but I believe the 49ers will reach for QB is one of the other QB's not named Andrew Luck becomes available although other great QB's have been available during the later rounds.  I believe they will reach because the QB position is what's been holding the 49ers back as a playoff team in the NFC West.  Plus, Jed York has to make a big splash along with the new GM and Coach to get fans to believe once again.

I see people's opinions on Mallet is so so with Newton being a project running QB.  What do you guys think of Jake Locker at 7?

if we hire harbough and luck oviously wants to play with the niners what would carolina do? draft a qb that doesnt want to play for the team?

if we hire harbough and luck oviously wants to play with the niners what would carolina do? draft a qb that doesnt want to play for the team?

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

Sure, he might pull a John Elway or an Eli Manning, but a big signing bonus at 50-60 million might change his mind.  Also, you can still draft him because a lot of teams want Luck as well.

Sure, he might pull a John Elway or an Eli Manning, but a big signing bonus at 50-60 million might change his mind.  Also, you can still draft him because a lot of teams want Luck as well.

When an organization comes out and says "money's not a problem" referring to hiring a GM and head coach it usually is the problem - Damon Bruce

When an organization comes out and says "money's not a problem" referring to hiring a GM and head coach it usually is the problem - Damon Bruce

There is a big difference between this and the Eli Manning situation.  If the 49ers had the second pick in the draft, Luck could say he refuses to play for the Panthers like Eli did.  But he cant just say "I want to play for the Niners." 
laugh.gif

Ryan at 7th is a reach...i mean he is a def upgrade over what the 9ers have now but honestly there are bigger reaches than ryan like cam...but if he can play the was he is in this sugar bowl, might as well....i'd like to get a corner or outside pass rusher if we don't go QB

Ryan at 7th is a reach...i mean he is a def upgrade over what the 9ers have now but honestly there are bigger reaches than ryan like cam...but if he can play the was he is in this sugar bowl, might as well....i'd like to get a corner or outside pass rusher if we don't go QB

There is a big difference between this and the Eli Manning situation.  If the 49ers had the second pick in the draft, Luck could say he refuses to play for the Panthers like Eli did.  But he cant just say "I want to play for the Niners." 
laugh.gif

Trent Baalke now officially the Niners GM as reported. 

Jed York didn't want to be embarrassed by Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network so he just delayed it a bit, although Lombardi was offered a job under Baalke but refused.

Lombardi and Harbaugh are reportedly close.  

Trent Baalke now officially the Niners GM as reported. 

Jed York didn't want to be embarrassed by Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network so he just delayed it a bit, although Lombardi was offered a job under Baalke but refused.

Lombardi and Harbaugh are reportedly close.  

Back
Top Bottom