Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by What up

Best available. Don't !$*%!*! reach for a bum $%# QB just because you're desperate. This team is more flawed than some of you may think.

P.S. Anthony Dixon ain't *%*+.  We also need to consider RB depth because Gore gets beaten up.  Especially with another season of mediocre QB play ahead.

agreed with everything here

Rashaun Woods works the concession stand at the Oklahoma City Arena
30t6p3b.gif

RB? i'll take a healthy ryan williams

Originally Posted by acidicality

Amukamara would be a great pick, since Peterson is probably gone in the top 3. I think we have other more important areas than WR that it wouldn't be wise to waste a high pick on one unless he's a can't miss.

We don't trust OSU WRs because of Rashaun Woods.

Sssshhhhh... That name should never be spoken in the presence of other Faithful. He and "that guy that didn't pick up the blitz for steve young."

Originally Posted by acidicality

Amukamara would be a great pick, since Peterson is probably gone in the top 3. I think we have other more important areas than WR that it wouldn't be wise to waste a high pick on one unless he's a can't miss.

We don't trust OSU WRs because of Rashaun Woods.

Sssshhhhh... That name should never be spoken in the presence of other Faithful. He and "that guy that didn't pick up the blitz for steve young."

I think that if Harbaugh does indeed become coach he's going to want "his guy" at QB and there's a good number in this draft.  I do not want Mallet...I'd rather take Killa Cam I think that his ceiling is unreal and Harbaugh can obviously develop QBs.

I think that if Harbaugh does indeed become coach he's going to want "his guy" at QB and there's a good number in this draft.  I do not want Mallet...I'd rather take Killa Cam I think that his ceiling is unreal and Harbaugh can obviously develop QBs.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

you say that now...but 9ers need a franchise qb not a project that may develop into something down the road...  

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

you say that now...but 9ers need a franchise qb not a project that may develop into something down the road...  

They're not finding a franchise QB in this draft is Carolina is true to their word.

I too am down with Newton.

They're not finding a franchise QB in this draft is Carolina is true to their word.

I too am down with Newton.

I know the Panthers said they wont trade, but if the 49ers offered Carolina our first and second round picks, and our first round pick next year...how does that not get done?

I know the Panthers said they wont trade, but if the 49ers offered Carolina our first and second round picks, and our first round pick next year...how does that not get done?

Considering the Panthers don't have a second round pick this year, it's not impossible but it's obviously a big long shot. We'll have to add more picks to that (a few 3rd/4th rounders perhaps) to make it somewhat feasible. Who knows, maybe they fall in love with Mallett or someone else instead so things can change in the next four months.

I'm not as big on Newton as others are, I just can't see him panning out well. But, with Harbaugh on board, if he's okay with the pick I would be confident that he can mold him to a great QB.

Considering the Panthers don't have a second round pick this year, it's not impossible but it's obviously a big long shot. We'll have to add more picks to that (a few 3rd/4th rounders perhaps) to make it somewhat feasible. Who knows, maybe they fall in love with Mallett or someone else instead so things can change in the next four months.

I'm not as big on Newton as others are, I just can't see him panning out well. But, with Harbaugh on board, if he's okay with the pick I would be confident that he can mold him to a great QB.

If AJ Green/Justin Blackmon are available, would you guys consider taking them? Talent is talent ...

AJ Green yes BUT who would throw him the ball? With are first pick we can't be looking anywhere else  but QB or secondary help.

If AJ Green/Justin Blackmon are available, would you guys consider taking them? Talent is talent ...

AJ Green yes BUT who would throw him the ball? With are first pick we can't be looking anywhere else  but QB or secondary help.

Yep, apparently meeting with him at an undisclosed location. If we get Harbaugh it should be done by the end of the week, if not then it probably means we're heading a different direction.

Yep, apparently meeting with him at an undisclosed location. If we get Harbaugh it should be done by the end of the week, if not then it probably means we're heading a different direction.

Back
Top Bottom