Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

acidicality wrote:
Only if Luck pulls an Eli.
30t6p3b.gif
Or he can channel his Stanford-ness and go Elway on them.

That's about the best that we can hope for at this time.

Mini summit at the Washington game or whatever
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Sounds like a plan to me.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Im sure one day Harbaugh can/will be a successful NFL coach. I would just rather not have our team as the team he tries to establish a career with. Give me someone proven. PLEASE.
By PROVEN are you referring to winning a Super Bowl??
Ideally yes.  But even if he hasnt won a superbowl, someone who has successfully run a team and has some NFL pedigree (Jeff Fisher).
Of the 12 teams in the playoffs only 2 coaches had previous head coaching exp, Pete carroll & Bill belichick

Jeff fisher would be a terrible idea in SF, I'd rather have Marvin Lewis, then a 17 year 6 playoff appearance
sick.gif
coach like Jeff fisher

well there goes the marvin lewis dream

also i envision the 49ers to lose at least 10 next year.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Im sure one day Harbaugh can/will be a successful NFL coach. I would just rather not have our team as the team he tries to establish a career with. Give me someone proven. PLEASE.
By PROVEN are you referring to winning a Super Bowl??
Ideally yes.  But even if he hasnt won a superbowl, someone who has successfully run a team and has some NFL pedigree (Jeff Fisher).
Of the 12 teams in the playoffs only 2 coaches had previous head coaching exp, Pete carroll & Bill belichick

Jeff fisher would be a terrible idea in SF, I'd rather have Marvin Lewis, then a 17 year 6 playoff appearance
sick.gif
coach like Jeff fisher

well there goes the marvin lewis dream

also i envision the 49ers to lose at least 10 next year.

Originally Posted by B0SsTyCoON

There are reports coming out that the 49ers are asking Al Davis to speak with Hue Jackson.
A sign they're moving fast for Harbaugh @zach_pratt 49ers doing their obligatory Rooney interview in Hue Jackson. Good sign for Harbaugh? about 6 hours ago via web Retweeted by 3 people

also

Raiders executive John Herrera says permission has been granted for 49ers to interview Oakland OC Hue Jackson for head-coach position. about 1 hour ago via web

Originally Posted by B0SsTyCoON

There are reports coming out that the 49ers are asking Al Davis to speak with Hue Jackson.
A sign they're moving fast for Harbaugh @zach_pratt 49ers doing their obligatory Rooney interview in Hue Jackson. Good sign for Harbaugh? about 6 hours ago via web Retweeted by 3 people

also

Raiders executive John Herrera says permission has been granted for 49ers to interview Oakland OC Hue Jackson for head-coach position. about 1 hour ago via web

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

hue jackson?? for OC yes. head coach NO!

what are we even thinking about trying to interview him as our head coach?

You didnt read the bold did you?

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

hue jackson?? for OC yes. head coach NO!

what are we even thinking about trying to interview him as our head coach?

You didnt read the bold did you?

Tim Kawakami

NFL source: 49ers will hire either Trent Baalke or Mike Lombardi as GM, possibly tonight. 49ers have been told Harbaugh is OK with either.

More: Harbaugh apparently will arrive in Bay Area at some point today, expected to speak with Jed York & GM tomorrow or soon after.

Source: Likeliest scenario is Baalke announced as GM tonight, multiple coach interviews tomorrow, then Baalke & Harbaugh presser Thursday.

nerd.gif

Tim Kawakami

NFL source: 49ers will hire either Trent Baalke or Mike Lombardi as GM, possibly tonight. 49ers have been told Harbaugh is OK with either.

More: Harbaugh apparently will arrive in Bay Area at some point today, expected to speak with Jed York & GM tomorrow or soon after.

Source: Likeliest scenario is Baalke announced as GM tonight, multiple coach interviews tomorrow, then Baalke & Harbaugh presser Thursday.

nerd.gif

If Harbaugh turns us down I'd be surprised. Everything just seems to be ideal for both parties. It's good to know that our Plan B options aren't bad though.

If Harbaugh turns us down I'd be surprised. Everything just seems to be ideal for both parties. It's good to know that our Plan B options aren't bad though.

Back
Top Bottom