Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Man not a single damn is given by our front office it seems. Im miserable over here
looking at all the moves the eagles are making and my team who can really use the
help, just sits back and watches the action pass us by smh

I'm willing to be a little patient, it looks pretty bad right now but I'm sure they'll fill the roster right before the season starts.

That being said if this is our roster coming into Week 1 I'll assume we're getting Andrew Luck next year.

I'm willing to be a little patient, it looks pretty bad right now but I'm sure they'll fill the roster right before the season starts.

That being said if this is our roster coming into Week 1 I'll assume we're getting Andrew Luck next year.

Originally Posted by tootthatthang

Man not a single damn is given by our front office it seems. Im miserable over here
looking at all the moves the eagles are making and my team who can really use the

Trent said it best, FA's want to go where there is a culture of winning, we need to develop that.

You guys piss and moan how the Niners haven't won %@+! in forever but want players to come in and play for said team. It's laughable.

To get good players to come to bad teams you have to overpay, which isn't good. You build through the draft. Once you have only a few needs you can go to FA to plug holes. We all know that there are more than a few holes.

I want to win as much as all of you do but your expectations are ridiculous.

Trent said it best, FA's want to go where there is a culture of winning, we need to develop that.

You guys piss and moan how the Niners haven't won %@+! in forever but want players to come in and play for said team. It's laughable.

To get good players to come to bad teams you have to overpay, which isn't good. You build through the draft. Once you have only a few needs you can go to FA to plug holes. We all know that there are more than a few holes.

^ We all know teams love to build through the draft but how can we build a winning culture when our biggest FA signing was a kicker (albeit David Akers and all) but still...? Not ONE move that'll show other FA's that we're willing to pursue a few building blocks? I'm going to hate to see the day Patrick Willis is going to say to hell with the Niners and move on
ohwell.gif

^ We all know teams love to build through the draft but how can we build a winning culture when our biggest FA signing was a kicker (albeit David Akers and all) but still...? Not ONE move that'll show other FA's that we're willing to pursue a few building blocks? I'm going to hate to see the day Patrick Willis is going to say to hell with the Niners and move on
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by What up

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Shut the %!$% up.

Compelling argument.

Originally Posted by mugzbo

ohwell.gif

You have it backwards. Our biggest signing is a kicker because we don't have a winning culture. There is one way to develop a winning culture, that is to win consistently. Building blocks don't come through FA, if they were building blocks, they wouldn't hit FA.

Everyone talks about how much we suck and haven't been to the playoffs since 02, you don't think players see this too. You talk +%#% about a team and front office but want players to come in and be a part of that when they can go play for proven winners. Ya'll are ridiculous.

Shut the %!$% up.

Compelling argument.

Originally Posted by mugzbo

ohwell.gif

You have it backwards. Our biggest signing is a kicker because we don't have a winning culture. There is one way to develop a winning culture, that is to win consistently. Building blocks don't come through FA, if they were building blocks, they wouldn't hit FA.

Everyone talks about how much we suck and haven't been to the playoffs since 02, you don't think players see this too. You talk +%#% about a team and front office but want players to come in and be a part of that when they can go play for proven winners. Ya'll are ridiculous.

Shut the %!$% up.
What up, you my boy and all, but what he's saying is true.
You can see it with the Giants for example...You have to overpay for mediocrity and hope for home grown talent to bring you over the edge. 

Shut the %!$% up.
What up, you my boy and all, but what he's saying is true.
You can see it with the Giants for example...You have to overpay for mediocrity and hope for home grown talent to bring you over the edge. 

You must be somewhat aggressive, when you're trying to get a new stadium.

Baalke and harbaugh keep saying this is their plan and that they're NOT rebuilding. I'm starting to think they're tanking this season, not spending..just getting by

and become ultra aggressive in next year's FA?

i am disappointed because i felt we were a couple free agents away from winning the division , but now it looks like were looking up to all the other teams

You must be somewhat aggressive, when you're trying to get a new stadium.

Baalke and harbaugh keep saying this is their plan and that they're NOT rebuilding. I'm starting to think they're tanking this season, not spending..just getting by

and become ultra aggressive in next year's FA?

i am disappointed because i felt we were a couple free agents away from winning the division , but now it looks like were looking up to all the other teams

He's not saying anything new though. We DON'T have that winning culture and we WON'T get it through the draft. This is the team that can't move on from Alex Smith. I honest to god don't trust their talent evaluation. Aldon Smith? Was he even mentioned to go in the top 15/20? This is Manny Lawson all over again. Are you telling me management didn't know Clements was going to sign elsewhere/get cut leaving a huge void at CB? They couldn't have foreseen that happening and draft Amukamara? And don't say "oh, they thought he'd restructure and stay" because dude is a liability covering even the most mediocre of wide receivers. He'd shut down Crabtree though because that guy is garbage, but I digress.

When I told dude to shut up, it's because it honestly sounded like he was making excuses for this front office to sit on their hands and ride out this year with our draft picks hoping it all comes together. Not to mention he came off like a douche saying it. But thats beside the point. As a fan, you're damn right I want players to come in here and play. The 49ers have no qualms taking my money, so +$$%*#* go out there and get someone. Pay a free agent and speed up this seemingly endless rebuilding process. I hear Baalke saying there is a plan but that's just horse $!*@. Our CBs are Spencer and .. ? Our receivers are Ginn and Morgan. Does this team even have a strength anymore? We're depleted everywhere. But I keep hearing about some plan.

This team isn't going to get better through the draft because we're never bad enough to get high draft picks. And like I previously said, even if there was an impact player available, I don't think this team will find/evaluate that player correctly to draft him.

He's not saying anything new though. We DON'T have that winning culture and we WON'T get it through the draft. This is the team that can't move on from Alex Smith. I honest to god don't trust their talent evaluation. Aldon Smith? Was he even mentioned to go in the top 15/20? This is Manny Lawson all over again. Are you telling me management didn't know Clements was going to sign elsewhere/get cut leaving a huge void at CB? They couldn't have foreseen that happening and draft Amukamara? And don't say "oh, they thought he'd restructure and stay" because dude is a liability covering even the most mediocre of wide receivers. He'd shut down Crabtree though because that guy is garbage, but I digress.

When I told dude to shut up, it's because it honestly sounded like he was making excuses for this front office to sit on their hands and ride out this year with our draft picks hoping it all comes together. Not to mention he came off like a douche saying it. But thats beside the point. As a fan, you're damn right I want players to come in here and play. The 49ers have no qualms taking my money, so +$$%*#* go out there and get someone. Pay a free agent and speed up this seemingly endless rebuilding process. I hear Baalke saying there is a plan but that's just horse $!*@. Our CBs are Spencer and .. ? Our receivers are Ginn and Morgan. Does this team even have a strength anymore? We're depleted everywhere. But I keep hearing about some plan.

This team isn't going to get better through the draft because we're never bad enough to get high draft picks. And like I previously said, even if there was an impact player available, I don't think this team will find/evaluate that player correctly to draft him.

Back
Top Bottom