Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

He'd be a definite upgrade, no question about it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Jed York on KNBR (this morning)

When asked why other teams are making moves and why the niners havent been making too many FA signings

"They're scared of us"

laugh.gif

Isn't it clear now what they are doing? 2-14 here we come

When asked why other teams are making moves and why the niners havent been making too many FA signings

"They're scared of us"

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

"They're scared of us"

laugh.gif

I wouldn't mind them going 2-14. As long as Luck is their draft pick.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

"They're scared of us"

laugh.gif

I wouldn't mind them going 2-14. As long as Luck is their draft pick.

Sup fellow 49erfaithful, it's been a while.
Seriously... how many times are we going to get average WR's in FA?
Darrell Jackson, Bryant Johnson, Ted Ginn, and now if the rumors are true, Braylon Edwards

Granted Edwards would be the best out of that group, these players are not long term pieces.

As a diehard fan, this franchise makes me so frustrated sometimes.
Though I am happy about Gore being back... I can't say that I want us to tank the season for luck, that just wouldn't be right... this isn't cleveland or Detroit, this is San Francisco, we are supposed to have a certain standard for success that other franchises don't have... even if we haven't been good lately, at least our rich history should be reason enough to save face and not tank the season.

If Harbaugh is so high on luck, I think that next year we should do what the Dallas Cowboys did in the late 80's/early 90's and move some of our trade-worthy, star players in exchange for draft picks in attempts to put in long term pieces to the puzzle. 

The only way we are going to be good again is if there is a seismic shift in the team... not just head coach, not just GM, it needs to be the roster as well, because the only thing that has remained the same over these past few years is the roster... practically since the nolan days, the key names are the same even Now!

Sup fellow 49erfaithful, it's been a while.
Seriously... how many times are we going to get average WR's in FA?
Darrell Jackson, Bryant Johnson, Ted Ginn, and now if the rumors are true, Braylon Edwards

Granted Edwards would be the best out of that group, these players are not long term pieces.

As a diehard fan, this franchise makes me so frustrated sometimes.
Though I am happy about Gore being back... I can't say that I want us to tank the season for luck, that just wouldn't be right... this isn't cleveland or Detroit, this is San Francisco, we are supposed to have a certain standard for success that other franchises don't have... even if we haven't been good lately, at least our rich history should be reason enough to save face and not tank the season.

If Harbaugh is so high on luck, I think that next year we should do what the Dallas Cowboys did in the late 80's/early 90's and move some of our trade-worthy, star players in exchange for draft picks in attempts to put in long term pieces to the puzzle. 

The only way we are going to be good again is if there is a seismic shift in the team... not just head coach, not just GM, it needs to be the roster as well, because the only thing that has remained the same over these past few years is the roster... practically since the nolan days, the key names are the same even Now!

I dont see us being the worst team in the NFL. I can see us having a top 5 draft pick but who knows if that will be good enough to get Luck and if Kaep comes in mid season and does great then what? Honestly they better have a plan to get us back to at least division winners within the next 2-3 years because this team has been a joke for almost a decade now.

I dont see us being the worst team in the NFL. I can see us having a top 5 draft pick but who knows if that will be good enough to get Luck and if Kaep comes in mid season and does great then what? Honestly they better have a plan to get us back to at least division winners within the next 2-3 years because this team has been a joke for almost a decade now.

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Why do people think that Kaep is a long term solution?
he came from a non pro style offense at Nevada and now he is working with a coach who ran a pro-style offense in college and is likely going to carry it in to the pros....

IMHO kaep is a likely going to be a non-factor.

he came from a non pro style offense at Nevada and now he is working with a coach who ran a pro-style offense in college and is likely going to carry it in to the pros....

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

So whyd we draft him then?

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

So whyd we draft him then?

I was just looking at recent drafts and this disgusted me

2009. Not even 2 years later and this draft looks horrible

[table][tr][th=""]Round [/th][th=""]Pick # [/th][th=""]Overall [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Position [/th][th=""]College [/th][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]10[/td][td]10[/td][td]Michael Crabtree[/td][td]Wide Receiver[/td][td]Texas Tech[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]10[/td][td]74[/td][td]Glen Coffee[/td][td]Running Back[/td][td]Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]10[/td][td]146[/td][td]Scott McKillop[/td][td]Linebacker[/td][td]Pittsburgh[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]35[/td][td]171[/td][td]Nate Davis[/td][td]Quarterback[/td][td]Ball State[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]11[/td][td]184[/td][td]Bear Pascoe[/td][td]Tight End[/td][td]Fresno State[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]10[/td][td]219[/td][td]Curtis Taylor[/td][td]Safety[/td][td]Louisiana State[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]35[/td][td]244[/td][td]Ricky Jean-Francois[/td][td]Defensive End[/td][td]Louisiana State[/td][/tr][/table]

I was just looking at recent drafts and this disgusted me

2009. Not even 2 years later and this draft looks horrible

[table][tr][th=""]Round [/th][th=""]Pick # [/th][th=""]Overall [/th][th=""]Name [/th][th=""]Position [/th][th=""]College [/th][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]10[/td][td]10[/td][td]Michael Crabtree[/td][td]Wide Receiver[/td][td]Texas Tech[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]10[/td][td]74[/td][td]Glen Coffee[/td][td]Running Back[/td][td]Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]10[/td][td]146[/td][td]Scott McKillop[/td][td]Linebacker[/td][td]Pittsburgh[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]35[/td][td]171[/td][td]Nate Davis[/td][td]Quarterback[/td][td]Ball State[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]11[/td][td]184[/td][td]Bear Pascoe[/td][td]Tight End[/td][td]Fresno State[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]10[/td][td]219[/td][td]Curtis Taylor[/td][td]Safety[/td][td]Louisiana State[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]35[/td][td]244[/td][td]Ricky Jean-Francois[/td][td]Defensive End[/td][td]Louisiana State[/td][/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom