Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

- Gonzalez walked.
- Tulo struck out.
- Helton flies out to right.
- Gonzalez advanced to second on wild pitch.
- Cuddyer doubles to right center, scoring Gonzalez.
- Hernandez grounds out to shortstop.

Rockies lead 17-8 going to the 9th.

Thimgs that really smoked us tonight:
Not getting the batter out when we were ahead in the count
Letting their leadoff on regardless of how

An 80 year old Jamie Moyer scares me. Thats pretty sad
laugh.gif

5 games into the season
30t6p3b.gif

Timmy's lucky he's not 0-2

Offense 1 step forward, Defense 3 steps back

Pablo doing his best imitation of Donovan McNabb
30t6p3b.gif

I know spring training means nothing but we couldn't touch any lefties. That said, Moyer will throw a perfect game tomorrow at age 49.

Sidenote, Larry Kruger said this morning that historically guys that had high velocity fastballs typically lost their velocity and never regained it due to throwing too many changeups. Can anybody confirm this?

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

5 games into the season
30t6p3b.gif

Timmy's lucky he's not 0-2

Offense 1 step forward, Defense 3 steps back

Pablo doing his best imitation of Donovan McNabb
30t6p3b.gif

I know spring training means nothing but we couldn't touch any lefties. That said, Moyer will throw a perfect game tomorrow at age 49.

Sidenote, Larry Kruger said this morning that historically guys that had high velocity fastballs typically lost their velocity and never regained it due to throwing too many changeups. Can anybody confirm this?
Some say that throwing a lot of splitters (which Timmy does), can effect long term velocity due to stress on hand and forearm....but its not completely proven.   I have never heard too many changeups can make a pitcher lose velocity though.

Giants need to forget all about yesterday and foucs on the fact they're facing Moyer today w/ a chance to take the series.

Come home against Pittsburgh and have the perfect chance to get this thing on track.

I knew the fisrt two series were potentially going to be brutal, but not like this.

DLand getting his wish as Pill is starting a 1b today.

CF Pagan
LF Cabrera
3B Sandoval
C Posey
1B Pill
RF Nate
2B Theriot
SS Crawford
P Bumgarner

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

What do you guys think about Ralph Barbieri getting canned from the sports leader?

Ive always enjoyed their show.  Feel bad for Tom, listened to his intro segment yesterday
frown.gif
. Pretty classless how they let him go.

Originally Posted by derryj3j3

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

What do you guys think about Ralph Barbieri getting canned from the sports leader?

Ive always enjoyed their show.  Feel bad for Tom, listened to his intro segment yesterday
frown.gif
. Pretty classless how they let him go.
Can't stand the Ralph but I can respect what he's done at KNBR. TWENTY-EIGHT years in one market is unheard of. Clearly a lack of class on KNBR's part. 
http://blogs.mercurynews....dismissal-by-knbr/ 

^ If thats what really happened KNBR is pathetic.

1. M. Scutaro, 2B
2. D. Fowler, CF0
3. C. Gonzalez, LF
4. T. Tulowitzki, SS
5. M. Cuddyer, RF
6. W. Rosario, C0
7. J. Pacheco, 1B
8. C. Nelson, 3B
9. J. Moyer, P

Last night Panda's AB would have been a HR. Of ourse not today. Frustrating inning for the Gmen all around.

I generally enjoy Jon Miller calling games, but he's boarderline annoying when it's a Rockies game...I get it, they all have nicknames or names that end in O and/or rhyme. Enough already.

Pill is so much better than Belt at this point. I think Belt can be better long term, but right now, its not even close IMO. Dude just RAKES.

I concede you're correct, I was watching Belt's approach last night especially after having heard Kruk on the radio that morning. He just doesn't seem to be making the adjustments the coaches want to (as noted by Schulman, too) versus even Crawford.

If Crawford can continue to improve at the plate, sky is the limit for this kid. He seems to get it.

Back
Top Bottom