Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

Tim Lincecum getting rocked again? Hmm, might be that it's too hot out there right now.

Dammit Melky
mean.gif
. If you gonna roid up at least hit some ****** HR's while u on it...

How do you guys feel about postseason chances at this point?

I honestly think that unless Sandoval, Pence, and Belt start raking it's going to be difficult or the Dodgers suffer an injury or two. I don't think it's as bad as losing Posey last year but with a little over a month to go in the season, to downgrade from Melky to Blanco/AAA call up is a crippling blow.

It's ******g infuriating to go from title contenders to a playoff hopeful.

Time for Pence and his bat to step up... if Timmy can show the **** up, we can hold off LA

Contract negotiations between the FO and Melky's camp ceased not too long ago. You guys think the FO knew about this and they pulled out?

Yes.
I found it somewhat ironic that Melky finished with 501 AB's it takes 502 to qualify for the batting title.

Mota
Guillen
Cabrera

Not a good look for the Giants.
Although its a catch 22 what if we didn't get Pence at the deadline... Where would we be without a roided Cabrera? 3rd place?

Guillen was a trade deadline player wasn't he? I highly doubt he got traded and then all of a sudden began hitting the PEDs as soon as he landed in SF.

If I recall, a player when they're tested have 2 samples taken. An "A" and a "B". If you test negative on "A", they don't do any additional testing. If "A" comes back they go to the "B" sample and run it. Like I mentioned above, Baggs broke the news like a couple-few weeks ago that Melkey tested positive, which he denied. My guess is between then and yesterday they were testing the B sample. They certainly weren't going to come down on him any LATER than yesterday because of the ABs to qualify for the batting title.

I don't think that would've worked. MLB took their time with this one, especially because of how Ryan Braun beat the system last year. MLB was taking every precautionary step to nail this one.

It's not like I'm giving him credit for telling the truth, that's expected of everyone. But at least he didn't lie like McGwire, Palmeiro, A-Rod, etc.
I just want him to come out next and say he did it for the money, because we all know that's what it was about.

Back
Top Bottom