Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canelo basically outsmarted and outboxed Trout also felt like he had a distinct advantage in  the edge in handspeeed. Canelo really needs to work on his conditioning. Trout needs to sit down on his punches. I really dont remeber him landing a heavy shot the whole fight. Canelo basically walked around the ring with his hands down for the whole fight he had no respect for Trout punching ability.

That 118-109 card was ridiculous.

How was this a gift decision though?

Trout didn't do anything overly impressive.

I had it 114-114 but Canelo did deserve it however Sergio Martinez beats Canelo Sergio will outbox Canelo he's scared though of losing that 0.

I was really impressed with Canelo head movement very much.

Mostly everyone in here really thinks this was a gift win for canelo? You guys must have been watching a whole different fight, Canelo's movement wasn't floyd like but he was toying with trout during most of the match. At the end of the 9th canelo had his hands down toying with him anderson silva like. The scores didn't matter at the end of this fight since it was a clear win for canelo even trout knew it after the last bell.

Last edited:
Yeah Canelo won the bout, his defense down the stretch was a lot better and the knockdown put him over the top. Fight was decided before it started though only way Trout wins was by stoppage. Trout was connecting consistently but never hurt Canelo at all.

Y'all think Mayweather takes the fight? Don't see Canelo beating him but with his power he could get lucky.

Canelo takes to many rounds off only reason the fight was closer than it should have been.

Floyd beats Canelo but 173 is OD of a weight for Canelo to come in Floyd will need a weight clause.

Mayweather is not going to fight Canelo, he probably won't even fight again at 154. He's going to look for guys like Devon Alexander and Kell Brook.

Effective activity. How anybody can say Trout won is beyond belief. Dude was punching air damn near the whole fight. Canelo landed all the major shots, and was the most effective boxer for most of the fight.

I am not really a fan of either fighters, but I appreciate watching both. Objectively, I think Alvarez won by 1-2 rounds. So it's not really a bad decision by any stretch.

Last edited:
You can make a case for either fighter to have a 2-3 round swing on the cards.  Yes Canelo did land some major shots but Trout also pushed the fight and scored points on his shots as well.  Stevie Wonder had the score of 118-109 that's for sure.  116-111 is pushing it and 115-112 is the only reasonable score to me.  Trout came back from the knockdown very well in my eyes.  It all depends on how you're looking at.  Canelo was def more impressive against an older Mosley and a severly under matched Lopez that is for sure. 

Good fight tonight. Not surprised at all with the scoring. The Texas Boxing Commision is a joke. I had Trout winning by 1 round. Canelo landed the harder punches but took a lot of rounds off. Trout controlled the pace of the fight for the majority of the time. Did anyone see Canelo's poor attempt at the "Ali Shuffle"? :lol:

Canelo weighed in at 173 tonight. No way in hell that Mayweather is fighting him.

Mayweather is not going to fight Canelo, he probably won't even fight again at 154. He's going to look for guys like Devon Alexander and Kell Brook.
Pre Showtime deal, I would've said you're wrong. Canelo would represent the biggest payday, esp on Mexican Independence Weekend. PPV numbers would be huge BUT...

Floyd is guaranteed 30 million per fight BEFORE sales under the new deal.
sick.gif
Dude is gonna coast for the next 6 fights...

The promotion for Ghost/Floyd has been HORRIBLE. Floyd hasn't been doing any interviews...

Pre Showtime deal, I would've said you're wrong. Canelo would represent the biggest payday, esp on Mexican Independence Weekend. PPV numbers would be huge BUT...

Floyd is guaranteed 30 million per fight BEFORE sales under the new deal. :x Dude is gonna coast for the next 6 fights...

The promotion for Ghost/Floyd has been HORRIBLE. Floyd hasn't been doing any interviews...

Only way I can see Floyd fighting Canelo is if he loses some fight prior and he's like F it, mind as well get a big paycheck.

only thing trout won tonight was a jabbing contest. jabs are great, but won't win you a 12 round fight :lol:
canelo neat trout at trout's game lmfao

Last edited:
I think a lot of  People are unjustly harsh on Canelo. I think for a 22 year old with practically no amateur experience he has an outstanding resume and as time progress he will only get better. I think when it is all said and done he will be dominant Middleweight champion. Trout didn't impress me at all. Its going to Be hard for him to beat young A level fighters with absolutely no punching power and little to no head movement.At some point in a fight you have to make your opponent think that you can put them on their back unless you're Pernell Whitaker . I wold pick  Lara, Vanes and Carlos Molina to beat him.

How can anybody have Trout winning? He threw over 400 jabs and only landed 20%, and thats really the only punch he was throwing all fight. How can anybody have him winning with that output? Activity does not equal effectiveness, and Trout was the complete opposite of an effective boxer this fight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom