Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike,Ward said the following

America is where you have got to go to become a star,” Ward said. “You can be a great domestic fighter but, to become a worldwide fighter, you’ve got to stake your claim there. Froch’s record is 4-2 on the road and he is undefeated in the UK, so I know why he wants to fight me here.“If Eddie Hearn and Carl Froch really want the fight, they can call my manager and let’s talk about it. I don’t know if that is in the US or the UK. They need to show me how bad he wants it here, and why it makes sense for me to come here.”

I could understand if the Ward/Froch fight was relatively close, but Ward's style is all wrong for Froch. I think some fans want Ward to be on the receiving end of a hometown decision. Sketchy judging is the only way I see Froch beating Ward.

I could understand if the Ward/Froch fight was relatively close, but Ward's style is all wrong for Froch. I think some fans want Ward to be on the receiving end of a hometown decision. Sketchy judging is the only way I see Froch beating Ward.
I agree I think Hopkins vs Froch would be a better fight.

I refuse to watch another Hopkins fight ever again. He consistently makes boring ugly fights. I Think Froch vs Bika would be a great action packed fight.
boring yes but he still wins.     B Hop vs Froch would be a good fight in England.  My opinion anyway.    Ward should pursue a fight with Chavez Jr. if he beats Murray.    It sucks because at 168 lbs there really isn't a lot of fights to be made that the casual fan would want to see.   I think Ward vs George Groves would be a fun fight to watch. I think Groves needs another year or 2 though.

I agree with Froch about his style of fight doesn't match up well with Ward and makes for a boring, crowd booing type of fight for him.  He wants gun blazing action back and forth, not a one sided school session.  Hopkins makes no sense at all to me, he's just talking as usual.  Dawson looked right past those old man tactics, twice, and I see Froch doing the same.  Froch vs GGG would be very interesting.

I agree with Froch about his style of fight doesn't match up well with Ward and makes for a boring, crowd booing type of fight for him.  He wants gun blazing action back and forth, not a one sided school session.  Hopkins makes no sense at all to me, he's just talking as usual.  Dawson looked right past those old man tactics, twice, and I see Froch doing the same.  Froch vs GGG would be very interesting.

No one matches up well with Ward.

GGG might be able to take Froch off power alone. We've never really seen GGG hurt so I'd like to see that.

I think Dirrell and Pascal could give Ward problems. They are faster and more athletic than what he's used to seeing. Too bad both of them are not very active.

Hopkins outclassed Pascal at age 46. I think Ward is too savvy to allow Pascal to beat him. We'll never know between Ward/Dirrell, they're like the Klitschkos when the suggestion of fighting each other comes up.

Hopkins outclassed Pascal at age 46. I think Ward is too savvy to allow Pascal to beat him. We'll never know between Ward/Dirrell, they're like the Klitschkos when the suggestion of fighting each other comes up.

Right, but Pascal was able to knock down Hopkins in the early rounds. I believe only one other opponent has ever done that. If you notice Pascal always wins the first 4 rounds or so then fades, which is what Hopkins took advantage of. However, now that he's working with Angel Heredia, it's almost certain that problem is rectified. It will be interesting to see how he fights now, but unfortunately the Bute fight was called off.

Per Floyd's Twitter:

"I chose my opponent for Sept 14th, and it's Canelo Alvarez. I'm giving the fans what they want. It will be at the MGM Grand."

Welp...

Money talks.

I'm guessing it's at 154, but Canelo can only gain a certain amount overnight.

Last edited:
Per Floyd's Twitter:

"I chose my opponent for Sept 14th, and it's Canelo Alvarez. I'm giving the fans what they want. It will be at the MGM Grand."

Welp...

WOOOOOOOOOOOW

Edit: I'm so hypeddddddddddddddddddddd fhefjefafhekufhgrwkguhsrughskjgrghrw

Last edited:
Biggest fight since Money - Hoya? This is gonna do crazy showtime numbers :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

CANT WAIT

Gunna...

Clinic is an UNDERSTATEMENT.

Agree. I've been watching Canelo recent fights on youtube...straight washing will occur

How many PPV shares you guys think it does? 1.5-2 mill?

Last edited:
I believe I called this correctly 
nthat.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom