Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really intrigued with learning how to train like a boxer. If for anything to get in shape and learn try it out from a competitive standpoint

:nerd: Is there going to be a Mayweather defensive collage poppin up after all the air Canelo was hittin last night

Last edited:
That was a bomb man, I like how the mouth piece slides along the ropes, gives a theatrical effect. Lol

Bernard Hopkins wants to fight Mayweather at 160.
laugh.gif

Everybody calling out Floyd knows they can't win, just want to get paid big. See: Pacquaio (saying he wants Floyd coming off two losses :stoneface: ), Amir Khan, and now BHop.

Last edited:
I love B-Hop :lol:

I guess skills pay the bills. May said post fight that the rounds he "took off" as some were saying was because he hurt his arm and couldn't jab. That some where around the 4th or 5th round he bumped elbows with Canelo or something.

So i guess the controversy that we were guessing would occure was CJ Ross. I wonder how many people had money on May by Unanimous and it turned out to be Majority thanks to Ross. Does any one have a shot of Ross' score card? Do they get published on ShowTime? I'd love to see it.

I think Lucas was slowed by the eye a lot. But props to Danny for taking some of those shots he deserved the win.

I don't think Pacquiao wants to fight mayweather for the money. It is for number one status. After losing to bradley last year, talks about fighting mayweather became more unclear. Mayweather is clearly better than pacquiao at this point. And that's coming from a pacman fan.

CJ Ross has been screwing boxers over for a decade, not even sure why Nevada thought she had the credentials to judge this type of fight.

Look @ her track record:

2002, July 13 - Kevin Kelley vs. Humberto Soto:Carol Castellano 116-112, Paul Smith 115-113, C.J. Ross 114-114.

2008, Feb. 7 - Kendall Holt vs. Ben Tackie: Richard Houck 98-92, Paul Smith 98-92, C.J. Ross 95-95.

2009, July 3 - Rodrigo Romero vs. David Springer (1st meeting):Glenn Trowbridge 39-37, Richard Ocasio 39-37, C.J. Ross 37-39
2011, May 7 - Rodel Mayol vs. Javier Gallo:Jerry Roth 98-92, Lisa Giampa 98-92, C.J. Ross 95-95.

2011, July 23 - Josiah Judah vs. Rafael Jastrzebski:: Richard Ocasio 59-55, Jerry Roth 58-56, C.J. Ross 57-57.

2011, Aug. 13 - Joseph Agbeko vs. Abner Mares (1st meeting):Adalaide Byrd 111-115, C.J. Ross 113-113, Oren Shellenberger 111-115.

2011, Nov. 12 - Juan Carlos Burgos vs. Luis Cruz:Duane Ford 98-92, C.J. Ross 95-95, Richard Ocasio 97-93

2012, June 9 - Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley:Duane Ford 113-115, C.J. Ross 113-115, Jerry Roth 115-113.

:wow:

Also, they should stop doing the whole 24/7 & All-Access show, people watch that and get this false sense of hope thinking Mayweather is actually going to lose :smh: :lol:

Also, they should stop doing the whole 24/7 & All-Access show, people watch that and get this false sense of hope thinking Mayweather is actually going to lose :smh: :lol:

Thats the point of the show :lol:

Mayweather honestly is at the perfect point in boxing history. The heavyweight division is null and void...there are not that many big name fighters...the promotional differences limiting the sport...he has the gaudy record. He is basically the only boxer living people are willing to pay to see....and most are just paying to see him lose. I really hope manny bounces back with an impressive win. I hope JMM Looks good and Floyd fights either JMM or Manny....wins and retires on top.

Saddening the boxing community was deprived of PBF and Manny in their respective primes. Pac-Man had the best shot to dethrone Floyd, before the emerging marital problems and budding political career.

Margarito, Sugar Shane, JMM. Manny was ready for PBF. No thanks to politics and side conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom