OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

I feel like I can make an argument that this year...Aaron Rodgers is not the #1 fantasy QB in the league...he's #3 to me this year.

I feel like I can make an argument that this year...Aaron Rodgers is not the #1 fantasy QB in the league...he's #3 to me this year.
Drew Brees! especially if your league doesn't count INT against you.

Last edited:
Peyton is #1 to me this year

- Adds Wes Welker to an already potent offense of Decker and Thomas. Today he lost his center Koeppen but the offense will still be there.

Bree is #2

- Sean Payton is back as head coach, don't under value that.

Rodgers is #3

- Losing Greg Jennings may not seem like a huge deal because of the emergence of Cobb but it will be. This year Cobb will be targeted and that leaves Nelson, James Jones and Jermichael Finley. Nelson and Finley are injury risks and the question with James Jones is...can he even get close to his seasonal output of last year. They also have Lacy now at RB. All of the above devalues Rodgers in my eyes.

Peyton is #1 to me this year

- Adds Wes Welker to an already potent offense of Decker and Thomas. Today he lost his center Koeppen but the offense will still be there.

Bree is #2

- Sean Payton is back as head coach, don't under value that.

Rodgers is #3

- Losing Greg Jennings may not seem like a huge deal because of the emergence of Cobb but it will be. This year Cobb will be targeted and that leaves Nelson, James Jones and Jermichael Finley. Nelson and Finley are injury risks and the question with James Jones is...can he even get close to his seasonal output of last year. They also have Lacy now at RB. All of the above devalues Rodgers in my eyes.
I'm not really that worried about the loss of Jennings, I mean he wasn't really a factor last year outside of the last game.

Last edited:
and then there's Brady...

Everyone is saying don't worry about Brady he's still amazing...

we'll when you lose Hernandez and Welker and possibly Gronk...you have to be worried. Amendola can't stay healthy and now your #2 guy is Dobson...

C'mon.

I wouldn't be shocked if Brady, FANTASY FOOTBALL WISE, is in the 9-14 range this year.

def gonna be active in this thread looking for advice come draft time next month :lol:

playing n two money leagues so i need to win. especially the one against all my boys. came in 3rd last year :smh:

Remember the 2006 and earlier Tom Brady? The guy that was a great quarterback, but not a great fantasy quarterback? That's what I feel like we're going to get back to.

As for Peyton being your #1 -- This is coming from someone who had him on their team last year and won a championship BECAUSE of him: Rodgers is #1. But it's close.

I don't see how Sean Payton being back helps Brees so much more... plus, I just don't buy that. "Sean Payton's Back!" His numbers were barely affected by his absence. In fact, he had a tremendous year.

Here's how I see it. Jennings is the first receiver since Rodgers has been the starter in Green Bay to leave and play elsewhere. Donald Driver retired. James Jones was rumored to leave after 2011, but re-up'd. Everyone else is still around. We have no idea if this is the "Nash Effect". As in, Rodgers' targets go elsewhere and underperform in terms of what people expected tremendously. And all of a sudden everyone goes, "Uh... Maybe it was just Rodgers the whole time."

Jordy's injury prone like you said but so was Jennings while he was there and he missed some time obviously, and Rodgers was fine.

Last edited:
^ Standard scoring is 6pts for rushing/receiving TDs, 4pts for passing TDs. Some leagues do 6pts for passing TDs as well, in which case you should probably go for a QB first (depending on who else is available).

Remember the 2006 and earlier Tom Brady? The guy that was a great quarterback, but not a great fantasy quarterback? That's what I feel like we're going to get back to.

As for Peyton being your #1 -- This is coming from someone who had him on their team last year and won a championship BECAUSE of him: Rodgers is #1. But it's close.

I don't see how Sean Payton being back helps Brees so much more... plus, I just don't buy that. "Sean Payton's Back!" His numbers were barely affected by his absence. In fact, he had a tremendous year.

Here's how I see it. Jennings is the first receiver since Rodgers has been the starter in Green Bay to leave and play elsewhere. Donald Driver retired. James Jones was rumored to leave after 2011, but re-up'd. Everyone else is still around. We have no idea if this is the "Nash Effect". As in, Rodgers' targets go elsewhere and underperform in terms of what people expected tremendously. And all of a sudden everyone goes, "Uh... Maybe it was just Rodgers the whole time."

Jordy's injury prone like you said but so was Jennings while he was there and he missed some time obviously, and Rodgers was fine.
First of all brady DOES make guys around him better. waiting for a qb and taking brady as the 6th 0r 7th qb taking can be a winning strategy. you can do MUCH worse. the ceiling is high with him. 

as for rodgers he has to be the clear cut #1 qb out there. might peyton outdo him ...sure but how can you go wrong with rodgers. the running game will only HELP him not hurt him. then you say jordy is an injury risk ? before last year jordy missed 3 games in 4 years. now can he miss games this year....sure but as of NOW you can not say he is injury prone. save that term for your ryan mathews , mcfaddens , d murrays of the nfl.

I was giving credit to Venom for first saying Jordy was an injury risk, I wasn't the first to say it. Regardless, last year even when he played he was playing hurt.

Yeah, Tom Brady makes people around him better, I recognize that. But in 2006, he didn't have Randy Moss OR Wes Welker and had racked up a few straight seasons of mid 20 TDs, low teens in INTs. In 2007, the Patriots added both of those targets and well... we all know what happened.

This is his first season without EITHER. I just think we're due to see a dip, and he's not in the tier of QBs that we're used to seeing him in. I'm not disagreeing with you that he's not great value at #6, #7, #8 QB or whatever, but I can't agree with him being any better than that.

Last edited:
^ Standard scoring is 6pts for rushing/receiving TDs, 4pts for passing TDs. Some leagues do 6pts for passing TDs as well, in which case you should probably go for a QB first (depending on who else is available).
my high stakes leagues do 6pts for passing td's and while you can grab a rodgers , brees , peyton in the 2nd or early 3erd you can wait for the 5th and grab ryan / romo / or stafford. nothing wrong with that.

Ok cool I just checked and you get 6pts for passing Tds too.

So I can go QB first.
how many teams are in your league ? if say ten are there you can wait for a qb and gobble up the rice , julio  , forte's of the draft and come back with ryan , romo , or stafford.  there are different ways to win a league.

i have the 12th pick in a 12 team draft im thinking of taking an RB then elite qb then the next 2 picks RB WR and hoping to trade the QB after someone gets an injury is that a good strategy?

It's 12 teams

Won't know where I pick until the hour before.

I'm thinking RB first

Not 100% sure how I want to do this.

I have alot to consider I see. :lol:

Need advice for my 12 team keeper league

Should I keep Matty Ice or Russellmania? I'm likely losing a 4th round pick either one I chose

6pt pass/rush TD

i have the 12th pick in a 12 team draft im thinking of taking an RB then elite qb then the next 2 picks RB WR and hoping to trade the QB after someone gets an injury is that a good strategy?
i dont do trade leagues but if you do that then your wr,s mite be a bit shaky. if you go forte / trich / rice ..then a julio / b.masrhall then come back with a mjd / lamar miller / then a cruz / bowe you can grab a nice qb in the 5th or 6th round ans have a nice team around your qb. say in the 5th / 6th rounds  ryan / luck / cam with a whitten or v.davis.  balance is a key.

Had #8 out 12 pick last year. Had to pick Aaron Rodgers. :smh:

I've NEVER had first overall pick in 12 years of fantasy football. So basically I never had Priest Holmes, LT, Marshall Faulk or any big-time RBs on my roster. Never won a league either. :lol:

Unless your league has negative points for INT, has rodgers ever scored more than Brees?

Back
Top Bottom