OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

sometimes looking at say the pt difference between rodgers / brees / peyton vs ryan / stafford / romo is fools gold. you have to look at it as a combo. are you better off with the combo of  rb's and wr,s you can grab early then take a qb later or the flip side. so many teams after the draft say : wow , look at my wr's. they are the beast of this league or my rb's are the best in the league.  just give me a balanced team and i will show you a winning team.

Ok I see I appreciate the help. This is only my 2nd time playing.

I was headed straight for a QB. :lol:

But now I see what's up.

Still have to see the top RBs and WRs. I'm going to do that right now.

Guys, just because I rank Peyton and Brees BARELY ahead of Rodgers isn't a knock on Rodgers at all. We know how awesome he is, plus he does run a bit and gets a rushing score or 2 a season.

Don't take it as me saying he sucks. I just think FANTASY wise, and scoring (especially since I'm in a start 2 QB league) Rodgers in my eyes is 3 right now. That being said, those arguing he is #1 you won't have me rolling my eyes at you.

He can / certainly could be labeled as #1 - has the stats to prove it but, I've done my analysis and that's where my head is at right now.

Got the 4th pick in a 12 team keeper PPR league. I'm thinking either McCoy or Spiller at that spot..... thoughts?

Doug Martin is already gone as a keeper so the way I'm looking at it is AD, Charles, and Ray Rice will go 1,2,3 leaving the aforementioned guys above remaining lol. They're the only guys I'm considering at 4, not too high on Foster this year.

Considering Megatron at that spot too, but even if it's a PPR league still might be a reach huh?

Last edited:
Even though there is a lot of uncertainty about the Eagles, I still kind of buy McCoy. I probably wouldn't pass on Foster tho. 

For those that run keeper leagues, what rules do you use regarding which pick you lose when keeping a player? I've seen some sites recommend losing the pick you took them at; for example if I keep the guy I chose with my 5th round pick, I lose my 5th round pick next year. I've also seen sites recommending losing 2 ahead; for example if i keep the guy I chose with my 5th pick, I lose my 3rd pick the following year. That way doesn't allow you to keep your 1st and 2nd round picks though. I've brought both scenarios up to the league I run and my friends have pretty much settled at a split decision. Anyone have any other methods?

Thanks for the help guys. Will take different opinions into account and try to make the best decision for my team :D

For those that run keeper leagues, what rules do you use regarding which pick you lose when keeping a player? I've seen some sites recommend losing the pick you took them at; for example if I keep the guy I chose with my 5th round pick, I lose my 5th round pick next year. I've also seen sites recommending losing 2 ahead; for example if i keep the guy I chose with my 5th pick, I lose my 3rd pick the following year. That way doesn't allow you to keep your 1st and 2nd round picks though. I've brought both scenarios up to the league I run and my friends have pretty much settled at a split decision. Anyone have any other methods?

What the league I'm in does is that you're only able to keep guys you draft AFTER the 4th round and you forfeit the round you kept them in for next year's draft. So if you drafted them in the 7th round you would lose the 7th round pick next year, etc. The maximum number of players you're able to keep is 2 and at a maximum of 3 years.

Losing 2 ahead is good as well as it somewhat prevents teams from getting stacked.

Thanks for the help guys. Will take different opinions into account and try to make the best decision for my team
happy.gif

What the league I'm in does is that you're only able to keep guys you draft AFTER the 4th round and you forfeit the round you kept them in for next year's draft. So if you drafted them in the 7th round you would lose the 7th round pick next year, etc. The maximum number of players you're able to keep is 2 and at a maximum of 3 years.

Losing 2 ahead is good as well as it somewhat prevents teams from getting stacked.
try to get larmar miller and giovani bernard where you can keep them next year. i would sign them both for 3yrs on my team.
happy.gif

Just finished drafting. Standard 10 team H2H league. QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLEX, DEF, K.

Take a look and tell me what I need to do to improve.

Had the 9th pick here's what I ended up with:

1. Ray Rice
2. LeSean McCoy
3. Tom Brady
4. Andre Johnson
5. Hakeem Nicks
6. Lamar Miller (sleeper?)
7. Matthew Stafford (too much value plus TE went early)
8. Torrey Smith (sleeper?)
9. Greg Olson
10. Sidney Rice
11. Bears DEF (DEF went early)
12. Emmanuel Sanders (sleeper? no mike wallace for big ben)
13. Shonn Green (looking for RB depth)
14. Martellus Bennett (usually where I pick Alshon Jeffery, Josh Gordon, Chris Givens but all gone)
15. Matt Prater
16. Jake Ballard (sleeper? unless Tebow is playing TE, someone needs to)

I felt I did fairly decent with my draft, went after solid and safe guys with my picks. Really lucked out with my top 4 picks, both Ray Rice and Tom Brady fell to me late and was really happy I was able to get 2 top 10 RBs on my team as RB is a much thinner position to fill. Lots of value with WR this year and a couple of sleepers out there late in the draft. I also felt I got decent value with Matthew Stafford and hopefully an asset i can flip down the line. What do you guys think. Picks 12-16 are all waiver/wire fodder until I see something better. Hopefully the starters remain injury free.

Just my opinion

Just finished drafting. Standard 10 team H2H league. QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLEX, DEF, K.

Take a look and tell me what I need to do to improve.

Had the 9th pick here's what I ended up with:

1. Ray Rice Great
2. LeSean McCoy Great
3. Tom Brady Great
4. Andre Johnson Injury Risk, will get injured, inevitable
5. Hakeem Nicks Injury Risk, will get injured, inevitable
6. Lamar Miller (sleeper?) Good choice here
7. Matthew Stafford (too much value plus TE went early)If this is a two QB league its understandable, if not I don't see why taking a QB this early for a bye week, might as well lose that week and get another offensive weapon
8. Torrey Smith (sleeper?)Good pick here, not sure what year he will have though
9. Greg Olson Solid choice
10. Sidney Rice Alright pick
11. Bears DEF (DEF went early) Defense will struggle badly, probably more than people think
12. Emmanuel Sanders (sleeper? no mike wallace for big ben) Solid choice, wonder who else you could have picked
13. Shonn Green (looking for RB depth) Will get a few goal line carrys, still CJ's team until he retires
14. Martellus Bennett (usually where I pick Alshon Jeffery, Josh Gordon, Chris Givens but all gone) Solid choice, like Bennett this year
15. Matt Prater Best kicker IMO
16. Jake Ballard (sleeper? unless Tebow is playing TE, someone needs to) Good upside value

I felt I did fairly decent with my draft, went after solid and safe guys with my picks. Really lucked out with my top 4 picks, both Ray Rice and Tom Brady fell to me late and was really happy I was able to get 2 top 10 RBs on my team as RB is a much thinner position to fill. Lots of value with WR this year and a couple of sleepers out there late in the draft. I also felt I got decent value with Matthew Stafford and hopefully an asset i can flip down the line. What do you guys think. Picks 12-16 are all waiver/wire fodder until I see something better. Hopefully the starters remain injury free.

If Andre and Hakeem stay healthy than you have one of the best teams, you fell off later in the draft though.

Last edited:
Just my opinion
If Andre and Hakeem stay healthy than you have one of the best teams, you fell off later in the draft though.

Thanks, first draft in 4 years, i fell off hard late. Have to hit the waiver wire hard.

might have taken big wr instead of brady and roll with stafford. mayb late flyer with thompkins ( wr / ne ) if you roll with brady. good luck bro

Who is on it?

Just a bunch of QBs like dalton, Palmer, rivers. I know my WR are injury prone but I felt I had to role the dice. Do you think bolden would have been a better pick than s. rice? Had a chance to pick him up instead but with Harven always injured I went with rice. I really didn't know who to draft in round 7 so I picked stafford to trade down the line if he has a good season. I usually don't draft backups till late but I felt there would be value down the road for a QB needy team. Hopefully I didn't wreck my team beyond repair.

Who is on it?

Just a bunch of QBs like dalton, Palmer, rivers. I know my WR are injury prone but I felt I had to role the dice. Do you think bolden would have been a better pick than s. rice? Had a chance to pick him up instead but with Harven always injured I went with rice. I really didn't know who to draft in round 7 so I picked stafford to trade down the line if he has a good season. I usually don't draft backups till late but I felt there would be value down the road for a QB needy team. Hopefully I didn't wreck my team beyond repair.

Would rather have Bolden then rice, never draft Percy Harvin, NEVER, haha!

Definitely get rid of Brady or Stafford down the line for another WR/RB (depending on starters)

Not sure of how many you can start.

Back
Top Bottom