OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

Just finished drafting. Standard 10 team H2H league. QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLEX, DEF, K.

Take a look and tell me what I need to do to improve.

Had the 9th pick here's what I ended up with:

1. Ray Rice
2. LeSean McCoy
3. Tom Brady
4. Andre Johnson
5. Hakeem Nicks
6. Lamar Miller (sleeper?)
7. Matthew Stafford (too much value plus TE went early)
8. Torrey Smith (sleeper?)
9. Greg Olson
10. Sidney Rice
11. Bears DEF (DEF went early)
12. Emmanuel Sanders (sleeper? no mike wallace for big ben)
13. Shonn Green (looking for RB depth)
14. Martellus Bennett (usually where I pick Alshon Jeffery, Josh Gordon, Chris Givens but all gone)
15. Matt Prater
16. Jake Ballard (sleeper? unless Tebow is playing TE, someone needs to)

I felt I did fairly decent with my draft, went after solid and safe guys with my picks. Really lucked out with my top 4 picks, both Ray Rice and Tom Brady fell to me late and was really happy I was able to get 2 top 10 RBs on my team as RB is a much thinner position to fill. Lots of value with WR this year and a couple of sleepers out there late in the draft. I also felt I got decent value with Matthew Stafford and hopefully an asset i can flip down the line. What do you guys think. Picks 12-16 are all waiver/wire fodder until I see something better. Hopefully the starters remain injury free.

My first move would be trade Brady for a top WR or like a Vernon Davis / Jason Witten since you have Stafford.

You're RB is solid, very well put together with Rice, McCoy and Miller.

Try and trade for a WR/TE or both

Probably Spiller.

Although with Chip Kelly I think McCoy will have a very solid year.
as for myself , i just dont care for spiller.  he is going mid first round which is a big price tag on him.  new oc , new o line , and big qb problem.  there was a report that i read somewhere ( think it was proscout ) that he got something 33% of his total fantasy pts on 10 runs last year. based on this and no steady passing game , i have to pass on him.another rule of mine is i try to stay away from rb's on bad teams as they abandon the running game in 4th qt playing from behind. i want my first pick to be solid.

I've kept up with this thread it just sucks lately the money leagues I have been getting into have been doing auction type drafts it definitely gets pretty interesting.

I've kept up with this thread it just sucks lately the money leagues I have been getting into have been doing auction type drafts it definitely gets pretty interesting.
auction drafts are cool. i do a couple auction drafts. lots of ways to build a winning team

Hey I have a question, getting into a league at work and inherited a team from someone no longer in the league, I have to pick a keeper from this team heading into this year. The top option are Frank Gore and Larry Fitzgerlald. Any insight as to who I should keep? I am leaning toward Fitzgerald because of Gore's age and the offense focusing more around Kaepernick and Fitz getting a real threat at QB. Any insight would be great!

Hey I have a question, getting into a league at work and inherited a team from someone no longer in the league, I have to pick a keeper from this team heading into this year. The top option are Frank Gore and Larry Fitzgerlald. Any insight as to who I should keep? I am leaning toward Fitzgerald because of Gore's age and the offense focusing more around Kaepernick and Fitz getting a real threat at QB. Any insight would be great!
If thats your only option fitz is the right choice. 

So Lamar Miller is a sleeper pick?

I ask because I know nobody in my draft is even thinking about him. I'm 100% sure I can get him late.

I ask because I know nobody in my draft is even thinking about him. I'm 100% sure I can get him late.

That's what I've heard based on internet articles. Has the #1 job for the fins. Have him on my team as my flex (6th round).

in the high stakes leagues he has been steadily going late 3erd round or very early 4th round. this is 12 team leagues. im sure in 14 team leagues that is starting soon he will go end of 3erd. never underestimate your opponents.  the hype is starting to build. 

here is a copy of the latest nffc 12 draft. hope it helps.

FFC Draft Champions League
Round 1:
1 1 Adrian Peterson RB 
1 2 Doug Martin RB 
1 3 Arian Foster RB 
1 4 Jamaal Charles RB 
1 5 Calvin Johnson WR 
1 6 C.J. Spiller RB 
1 7 Ray Rice RB 
1 8 LeSean McCoy RB 
1 9 Trent Richardson RB 
1 10 Marshawn Lynch RB 
1 11 Dez Bryant WR 
1 12 Brandon Marshall WR 

Round 2:
2 1 Julio Jones WR 
2 2 A.J. Green WR 
2 3 Drew Brees QB 
2 4 Jimmy Graham TE 
2 5 Matt Forte RB 
2 6 Aaron Rodgers QB 
2 7 Demaryius Thomas WR
2 8 Alfred Morris RB 
2 9 Steven Jackson RB 
2 10 Andre Johnson WR 
2 11 Chris Johnson RB 
2 12 Reggie Bush RB 

Round 3:
3 1 Darren Sproles RB 
3 2 Maurice Jones-Drew RB 
3 3 Randall Cobb WR 
3 4 Larry Fitzgerald WR 
3 5 Peyton Manning QB 
3 6 Stevan Ridley RB 
3 7 Roddy White WR 
3 8 Lamar Miller RB 
3 9 Victor Cruz WR 
3 10 Wes Welker WR 
3 11 Vincent Jackson WR 
3 12 DeMarco Murray RB 

Round 4:
4 1 Darren McFadden RB 
4 2 Matt Ryan QB 
4 3 David Wilson RB 
4 4 Cam Newton QB 
4 5 Danny Amendola WR 
4 6 Jordy Nelson WR 
4 7 Reggie Wayne WR 
4 8 Marques Colston WR 
4 9 Rob Gronkowski TE 
4 10 Frank Gore RB 
4 11 Le'Veon Bell RB 
4 12 Jason Witten TE 

Round 5:
5 1 Tom Brady QB 
5 2 Dwayne Bowe WR 
5 3 Mike Wallace WR 
5 4 Hakeem Nicks WR 
5 5 Pierre Garcon WR 
5 6 Eric Decker WR 
5 7 Vernon Davis TE 
5 8 Antonio Brown WR
5 9 Chris Ivory RB 
5 10 Colin Kaepernick QB 
5 11 Torrey Smith WR 
5 12 Steve Smith WR 

Round 6:
6 1 James Jones WR 
6 2 DeSean Jackson WR 
6 3 Tony Gonzalez TE 
6 4 Matthew Stafford QB 
6 5 Shane Vereen RB 
6 6 Montee Ball RB 
6 7 Ryan Mathews RB 
6 8 Miles Austin WR 
6 9 Russell Wilson QB 
6 10 Eddie Lacy RB 
6 11 Giovani Bernard RB 
6 12 Mike Williams WR

Whats you guys' draft strategy? I usually try to follow the same drafting plan with my first 6 picks

RB, RB, WR, WR, Flex, and QB. The TE spot is really looking Jimmy Graham and a bunch of guys this year so I'm not really worrying about it either.

Whats you guys' draft strategy? I usually try to follow the same drafting plan with my first 6 picks

RB, RB, WR, WR, Flex, and QB. The TE spot is really looking Jimmy Graham and a bunch of guys this year so I'm not really worrying about it either.
depends on how many teams are in league.  what spot you draft from and how draft is flowing. the golden rule in drafting is never ever take a qb and te back to back picks.  trust me...unless you are playing with complete dopes , you can never recover from that move...it's checkmate.  even if you to rodgers and graham you are a dead man walking.  i dont mean to sound like a know it all but i have been pretty dam good in this game over the years and qb / te back to back is a death sentence.

For RB's this year:
I like Ridley and MJD more than most.

Sleepers are Miller, Bell, A. Brown, Ry Williams.

Back
Top Bottom