Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

Cheers bro.

I think I'm just most excited about us drafting another guard because now out roster composition makes even less sense. Meaning I'm hopeful/expecting our front office to make lots of moves and shake things up a bit.
They deffinently have to let people go. But mclemore is a true 2. If they keep cousins, Evans, mclemore, and Isaiah. They should let the others go to free room for a productive 4 man

I'm just not a fan of Jrue like that.

Am I the only one not big on Oladipo I dont see him at all as a cornerstone of a franchise he more of an add on to a good team imo

But no one really thought you're finding a franchise cornerstone in this draft anyway. Oladipo will fit on any team and if they move Afflalo, he'll be a solid 2 for Orlando's future.

Oladipo is gonna have to learn to pick his spots. As hard as he plays, he's gonna be lucky to see 65 games in a season. This is a guy who will not accept anything but max effort from his teammates.

I actually do see him as a franchise cornerstone.

He's the safer pick, but I still go with Noel if I'm Orlando. Maybe I lean too heavily towards defensive bigs like that, but I'm not worried about his recovery and would have taken the chance.

Last edited:
This draft is about positioning of players and opportunity. Good players but no franchise guy's

Who knows what the Celtics are gonna do but a team with Rondo, Bradley, Jeff Green, Wallace, Hump, Sullinger, Olynik and Evans isn't going to be even close to the #1 pick. The Magic with possibly Bledsoe-Oladipo-Harris-Big Baby-Vucevic is loaded with potential and won't lose THAT many games. I could see that squad winning like 30 games. Wizards will contend for a playoff spot with Porter and some cap room to spend on a backup PG and some other depth. Pelicans could be real nice with Jrue-Gordon-Aminu-AD-Lopez and Vasquez-Rivers-Anderson off the bench. That team is young as hell though and they'll need Gordon to actually want to be part of the team this year. But the West is loaded so I think they'll finish just outside the playoffs.

The Sixers on the other hand are pretty much destined to compete with the Bobcats and maybe Kings for worst record in the league next year. They were trying to trade Turner during the draft too and I'm sure he'll eventually be moved, maybe even Thad will too. As a Sixers fan I'm excited we aren't just settling for mediocre anymore. We're trying to build something special...and if it takes winning only 15 games this year to get Wiggins/Randle/Parker then it's worth it.

Jrue is a very solid player, but he was annoying to watch at times. He's still not a true point guard and still doesn't have a real feel for the position. He would put up good games statistically, but turned the ball over WAY too much, isn't a great passer and never made other players around him better. He has a good shot and can sometimes be a very good defender and other times get straight up toasted. At least with MCW I know we're getting a true point guard and a guy that can really pass the ball and make others better. He has a load of potential and I like his attitude.

I just think New Orleans is trying to win too soon. Be bad just one more year... it's too valuable of a draft.

The thing is even before Jrue was there this team wasn't going to be bad enough to be a top 5 pick anyway... This team is very talented.

and like i said earlier NOBODY outside of that top 5 has the potential that Jrue has... then you combine that's hes already an All star and is locked in on a GREAT contract you can't beat that.

Great pick up for the Pelicans. Everybody talking about they should've tanked 1 more year but I don't agree with that. Who's to say they we're going to land a top 5 pick in 2014? They have a decent team that just needs to stay healthy. Add in the fact no real free agent all star was going to sign there, this trade was a no-brainer for them.

Or NO could get the top pick next year and have a core of Jrue, Wiggins, & ChiBrow.

:x

I'm actually not that adverse to the Bobcats picking up Zeller. He will thrive in the pick and roll with Kemba and be able to eventually be a stretch 4. Only thing that worries me is his defense and allergies to physical contact but at the beginning of the year he was a possible #1 pick.

There is like a 1% chance of that happening....Jrue Eric Gordon and Davis? Throw Andersen in there too? :lol: yeah they aren't getting a top 5 pick in all likelihood, we just secured a VERY high chance to get a top 3 pick. Thad young is the only guy worth a damn on our team that's returning so he will be moved as well, spencer/turner are expiring so they have value. This move was brilliant and forward thinking, I loved Jrue but he needed another star and Bynum didn't work out. We were stuck in nba mediocrity like soooo many other teams who are just treading water.

Fact is you either suck and get a top pick in a great draft, as we will do, and build your superstars that way...or get lucky and land a free agent who can lure other big FAs to your team. We will be one of the 3 worst teams in the nba and I don't even want Nerlens to rush back, he can chill on his rehab. Get MCW some nba experience and odds are very high we get a top 3 from our own pick which will net another big time player (wiggins, randle, Parker) and best case NO has the 6th worst record in the league but more likely that pick is like 10-14 which is another asset in a deep draft, not to mention we have 2 more second rounders now and our own which will be a high pick too. Telling people, in 2-3 yrs when our core is MCW-Noel-two top tier draft picks from the 2014 class AND a ton of cap space?! We will be setting up for a great future. No point in being average or mediocre, take the plunge and reap the rewards in a year or two. I'm so excited about the sixers future.

You haven't watched MCW much if you think he's a true point guard/distributor. He got a lot of assists in transition, he's not great in the half court by any means but he has great potential IMO

I guess the plan is to have Jrue play more off-ball in a 2-guard role? I could see him thriving there and putting up over 20ppg. Gonna be interesting to see what happens w/ Eric Gordon though.

In every draft there is a sleeper cant wait to see which player from this draft or undrafted player comes out of nowhere to shine

Damn.

I didn't need a reminder, but I just looked again. That draft next year is loaded... especially with Marcus Smart staying in. Wiggins, Parker, Smart, Randle, Harrison, Young, etc.

Speaking of, imagine if Smart had came out this year. That moves all SGs down the board one spot. Meaning McLemore could have gone to Detroit, then KCP to the T'Wolves. But just yet another "what-if".

I guess the plan is to have Jrue play more off-ball in a 2-guard role? I could see him thriving there and putting up over 20ppg. Gonna be interesting to see what happens w/ Eric Gordon though.
I think the Pelicans will deal Greasy with Holiday arriving...He's also eligible for a contract extension this summer, Brian Roberts had a solid rookie season (looks like a reliable backup), Austin Rivers having to play some point guard minutes, it'll be hard to keep Greasy long-term.

I think the Pelicans will deal Greasy with Holiday arriving.

Wolves need a quality SG after getting a tweener SG/SF in the draft.

Gordon to the T'Wolves?

I wouldn't be as excited about that as I would have been a year and a half ago.

I really don't know what Flip Saunders could offer, now that I think of it.

Can't imagine they'd have much interest in Derrick Williams now that they've nailed down Anthony Davis is a PF. Can't imagine they'd even have much interest in Derrick Williams outright.

Should I be excited for Mclemore?
Just posted this in the T'Wolves thread..

I don't think Sacramento is a good spot for what he needs. He still may be expected to be "THE man" right away even if Cousins stays, but with Cousins' agent asking for a max deal and saying that a trade will be requested if he doesn't get one, that puts McLemore in a difficult spot.

If he's the one guy on the team next year, the pressure is going to be on him. The right environment for him is a team that already has a number of very good pieces in place where he can grow in the first couple of years as just a "piece of the equation".

McLemore needs to be a 2nd or 3rd option, Kings going to be back in the lottery next year. That's not a bad thing though

Back
Top Bottom