Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

If you're in the Pelicans position, you taking any of those guys over Holiday right now?

Maybe Gordon, he's the only one that could come in and start for them right away. Other than him I think they did the right thing last night, espcially making that future pick Top 5 protected.

Yes, people are only remembering holiday from the first half, he faded seriously by the second half of the season. Second half of the season he shot under 40% from the field, Its about asset management, Jrue Holiday and his 41 million dollar contract just isn't worth two cost controlled young talented prospects, when one of the is Noel and the other could be one fo these 10 players.

Why would the pelicans be in such a hurry?

They short circuited the rebuilding process.
To be fair, they did it last summer matching Gordon's deal and signing Anderson (but to a good, moveable contract).

If you're in the Pelicans position, you taking any of those guys over Holiday right now?

Maybe Gordon, he's the only one that could come in and start for them right away. Other than him I think they did the right thing last night, espcially making that future pick Top 5 protected.

Yes, people are only remembering holiday from the first half, he faded seriously by the second half of the season. Second half of the season he shot under 40% from the field, Its about asset management, Jrue Holiday and his 41 million dollar contract just isn't worth two cost controlled young talented prospects, when one of the is Noel and the other could be one fo these 10 players.

Why would the pelicans be in such a hurry?

They short circuited the rebuilding process.

I agree, he tailed off in the 2nd half, he was on my fantasy team .. However like I said before, even without Holiday, the Pelicans aren't a Top 5-7 lotto team. If they stayed healthy, they would've lower lottery team 10-12 range.

I can also see them trying to package Grevis and Aminu for small forward

Last edited:
Will you guys still be saying "the Sixers won this draft by far" if the Pelicans decide to tank next season and end up with a Top 5 pick :nerd:?

Doesnt matter. There is no way in the world the pelicans can even come close to being as bad as the sixers will be. Y'all are forgetting we have our own lottery pick...even if we don't win the lottery we will be top 3...now if NO wants to play that tank game then why not keep your own pick in 2014 and hold onto Noel ? Trading your 1st pick is a stupid move for a team that probably isn't the 8seed if they all stay healthy but they're too good to be bottom 5-6 in the nba.

Sixers did extraordinarily well...worst case NO somehow ends up with the 5th pick, oh well. We still get one of wiggins, randle, Parker to pair with Noel and MCW (not as high on him but potential is certainly there) PLUS 40 million dollars in cap space in 2014 to play with. That's winning in the long run if you aren't a top 3-4 seed in either conference...have to build through the draft. If it works out ideally we can land Wiggins And someone like Andrew Harrison plus Noel and MCW...a core of a defensive monster, a superstar in Wiggins, Harrison should be very good too, and a PG in MCW who could be good as well. And they're all gonna be younger than 23 on cheap rookie contracts?!

Am I the only one not big on Oladipo I dont see him at all as a cornerstone of a franchise he more of an add on to a good team imo
As a magic fan im glad we picked somebody that is going to actually contribute..not happy that we picked a high level role player at #2 tho :x ...if all the team wanted was great defense and 10-15 ppg we should have traded down, plus we still have Aaflalo..no bledsoe yet :smh:

And the Sixers didnt win that trade..Jrue is better than anything in this draft and the draft pick doesnt even give them a shot at the top players in next years draft...only plus side is they now have more quantity of picks to try to find a good player

And New Orleans gets a very good young PG who isn't gonna mean anything for them bc they will STILL be mediocre and picked up a fairly large contract...I don't get how people are saying the sixers didn't win that. It's not just Jrue is better than anyone else, it's getting a corner stone defensive presence, ridding our team of a very good player who impedes the tanking process, lets us have 40 million dollars in cap space in 2014, and increase our chances at getting Wiggins or any of the other top 4 players next year by a large margin. Plus we got another likely lotto pick in a great class. Don't just look at the short term of this season, it's irrelevant we weren't winning with Jrue and the pelicans won't be either. Yeah this is bold but I'd rather my team make moves like this than be a perrenial 6,7,8 seed for 5 yrs

but if you look at his numbers they weren't bad. I'm saying if he stayed where he was he would've progressed. But yeah he's doped out
agreed, he was developing and then they traded him and i think that hurt him more than helped him as a mental thing.

PMatic is right, we shouldn't be surprised New Orleans pulled the trigger so early when they already loaded the gun with Gordon. I see why they did it, I just think they regret it down the line and wish they were more patient.

The Wizards man; if they don't make the playoffs next year...
mean.gif

I think they're the next Eastern team to be afraid of in the next 2-3 years..
it depends on Wall, i know he showed a lot of promise at the second half of the season, but he doesn't really play winning basketball. I hope he can produce in wins, but I have a hard time seeing the Wizards being a playoff team.

Will you guys still be saying "the Sixers won this draft by far" if the Pelicans decide to tank next season and end up with a Top 5 pick :nerd:?

Doesnt matter. There is no way in the world the pelicans can even come close to being as bad as the sixers will be. Y'all are forgetting we have our own lottery pick...even if we don't win the lottery we will be top 3...now if NO wants to play that tank game then why not keep your own pick in 2014 and hold onto Noel ? Trading your 1st pick is a stupid move for a team that probably isn't the 8seed if they all stay healthy but they're too good to be bottom 5-6 in the nba.

Sixers did extraordinarily well...worst case NO somehow ends up with the 5th pick, oh well. We still get one of wiggins, randle, Parker to pair with Noel and MCW (not as high on him but potential is certainly there) PLUS 40 million dollars in cap space in 2014 to play with. That's winning in the long run if you aren't a top 3-4 seed in either conference...have to build through the draft. If it works out ideally we can land Wiggins And someone like Andrew Harrison plus Noel and MCW...a core of a defensive monster, a superstar in Wiggins, Harrison should be very good too, and a PG in MCW who could be good as well. And they're all gonna be younger than 23 on cheap rookie contracts?!

They didn't think they could play Noel and AD together and Grevis/Gordon/Rivers combo at PG wasn't going to get it done either. If PG was their target they should've went with Burke, but I'm not sure if that would've helped them either.

Sixers did a great job though, not taking anything away from them but we truly won't know who the winner is until next years draft.

Personally, I would have loved to see Noel and Davis together. And yes, I know neither is the size of prime Shaq but who cares they'll put on weight... Davis will develop offensively and Noel just needs to be average offensively and I would have liked it.

I just wanted to see them block a combined 9 shots a game.

Last edited:

They didn't think they could play Noel and AD together and Grevis/Gordon/Rivers combo at PG wasn't going to get it done either. If PG was their target they should've went with Burke, but I'm not sure if that would've helped them either.

Sixers did a great job though, not taking anything away from them but we truly won't know who the winner is until next years draft.

Very true, we just have to wait and see but you can only set your team up for success :smile:lol in tanking) which we are well on our way, but if we can nab Wiggins I will be beyond ecstatic...we've been in NBA purgatory for too long, basically since after AI led us to the finals

I also hope Jrue excels in NO cuz he's a great classy kid and a hard worker besides being a really good player...just hope that whole squad finishes with the highest possible chance at #6 pick, beyond next year I hope he wins a title down in NO eventually :lol:

Last edited:

Very true, we just have to wait and see but you can only set your team up for success :smile:lol in tanking) which we are well on our way, but if we can nab Wiggins I will be beyond ecstatic...we've been in NBA purgatory for too long, basically since after AI led us to the finals

They should've drafted CJ but I understand the desire for a veteran PG so ehh.

Also Arsalni Kazemi can ball, love that pick in the second round.

Agreed...he's going to be a monster on the glass.

The only thing about next year's draft class is I have a feeling Jabari Parker will wanna stay more than a year. Hopefully not though.

Aaron Gordon
Mario Hezaonja (best euro prospect since rubio)
Dante Exum
Glen Robinson
Joel Embiid

I wouldn't give up a 2014 pick for just about anything.

Why do you have Exum always ranked so high when recuriting blogs are pegging him as a fringe top-50 prospect in his class?

worldbeefreeg - you know most Scouts don't rank player's who play overseas right ?

the fact that they even have Exum ranked / on there radar say's a lot

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom