Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

After seeing McLemore struggle and Smart fall flat somewhat, I'm not sure how you have the number one pick and not take Nerlens at this point even with the knee injury.

Nerlens is more of a riskier pick than mclemore...no offensive game at all and probably wont be that good of a defensive stopper as people claim..., but if he does become a defensive stopper, would you take a larry sanders clone with the #1 pick? Coming off knee surgery ....i dont see noel impacting a team

Nerlens is more of a riskier pick than mclemore...no offensive game at all and probably wont be that good of a defensive stopper as people claim..., but if he does become a defensive stopper, would you take a larry sanders clone with the #1 pick? Coming off knee surgery ....i dont see noel impacting a team

Your quickly becoming the worst poster in this forum...its like Rook and Dipset General ****** and had an autistic child or something...

Anyway, I'm still very high on Len. In a draft this poor I stick with choosing the big guys. Considering he hasn't had a PG all year, he had a pretty good year.

Your quickly becoming the worst poster in this forum...its like Rook and Dipset General ****** and had an autistic child or something...

Anyway, I'm still very high on Len. In a draft this poor I stick with choosing the big guys. Considering he hasn't had a PG all year, he had a pretty good year.
Couldn't agree more with your first paragraph.

In order of hype, my rank of the #1 picks the last ten years (03-13):

1. LeBron

2. Oden
3. Yao
3. Howard
4. Davis
5. Rose
6. Griffin
7. Wall
8. Irving
9. Bogut
10. Bargnani
11. Whoever this year's #1 pick

I think Griffin and Wall are interchangeable though.

Edit:

Not sure why I added Yao when he was 02. :lol:

Davis should be below Howard, with Rose following.

Last edited:

1. LeBron

2. Oden
3. Yao
4. Howard
5. Griffin
6. Wall
7. Irving
8. Bogut
9. Bargnani
10. Whoever this year's #1 pick

Might sound crazy, but could you make an argument for the hype surrounding Yao being just as big or bigger than that of Lebron? I think your list is good, but I'd at the least put Yao ahead of Oden.

yea yaos hype was huge plus i think rose belongs on that list (id put him after wall) people were very high on him after the final four appearance

Do you watch basketball? So you would rather take a big man coming off knee surgery over dudes like oladipo, mclemore, smart etc

Out of all the big men taking #1 over the past 15 years only a few lived up to the hype, yao dwight and blake and its looking like davis will too.

I feel like there were just as many people doubting Yao as there were hyping him up...Hype sure, but a lot of it was negative.

I feel like there were just as many people doubting Yao as there were hyping him up...Hype sure, but a lot of it was negative.

Yao changed the game - pretty much helped with the globalization of the sport. I agree...there were a lot of detractors - but all of that aside - the hype surrounding him being drafted was up there with Lebron (to me).

1. LeBron

2. Oden
3. Yao
3. Howard
4. Davis
5. Rose
6. Griffin
7. Wall
8. Irving
9. Bogut
10. Bargnani
11. Whoever this year's #1 pick

Edit:

Not sure why I added Yao when he was 02.
laugh.gif

Davis should be below Howard, with Rose following.
Was Howard really that hyped??? I really don't remember 

Lebron had more hype than the iphone.
Legitimately on another level, far beyond any player in basketball history.

John Wall was more hyped than Derrick Rose, I'd say.

Last edited:
nope he wasnt that hyped.. hell alot people AT THE TIME thought orlando made a mistake by taking howard over okafor

i say the list goes:

1) lebron james

2a) derrick rose

2b) john wall

4) greg oden

5) anthony davis

6) griffin

7) bogut

8) irving (people somehow forget how questioned this was because he had only played 11 games at duke)

9) howard (was undersized center at 6'10-11 and then you had okafor which was at least a known thing.. albeit known with a very low ceiling)

10) bargnani

Last edited:
1. LeBron

2. Oden
3. Rose
4. Davis
5. Wall
6. Griffin
7. Howard
8. Bogut
9. Irving
10. Bargnani
11. This year's #1 pick

Oden was supposed to be the next cant miss center, and Rose had all the buzz from the NCAA Tournament

he has a point, wall was picked to go number 1 the summer going into his FR year

with Rose people always had beasley and OJ flip floping with him
That's just the product of Wall being a part of a really bad class. Rose was still the clear #1 prospect in that class from their senior year forward.

nope he wasnt that hyped.. hell alot people AT THE TIME thought orlando made a mistake by taking howard over okafor

i say the list goes:

1) lebron james

2a) derrick rose

2b) john wall

4) greg oden

5) anthony davis

6) griffin

7) bogut

8) irving (people somehow forget how questioned this was because he had only played 11 games at duke)

9) howard (was undersized center at 6'10-11 and then you had okafor which was at least a known thing.. albeit known with a very low ceiling)

10) bargnani
 I feel you dog, I disagree with Rose tho. Maybe it was just me not liking him coming outta college, but I don't think he was that hyped coming out.

I got,

1) Lebron

2) Oden (son was hyped since middle school, him and Derrick Character were supposed to be the next big thing, different years but still)

3) Davis. (easy, I can't even remember the last time since a kid was dubbed a franchise player, mybe Oden?)

4) Griffin

5) Wall (kid did a good job marketing himself in college 
laugh.gif
 plus having the UK squad helped 
smokin.gif
)

6) Rose

7) Bogut

8) Irving

9) Howard

10) Bargs

Last edited by a moderator:
 I feel you dog, I disagree with Rose tho. Maybe it was just me not liking him coming outta college, but I don't think he was that hyped coming out.

I got,

1) Lebron

2) Oden (son was hyped since middle school, him and Derrick Character were supposed to be the next big thing, different years but still)

3) Davis. (easy, I can't even remember the last time since a kid was dubbed a franchise player, mybe Oden?)

4) Griffin

5) Wall (kid did a good job marketing himself in college 
laugh.gif
 plus having the UK squad helped 
smokin.gif
)

6) Rose

7) Bogut

8) Irving

9) Howard

10) Bargs
i'm with you on oden (see above).. the more i thought about it, i had to move him to 2

would probably put wall at 3.. and then rose at 4.. then davis

griffin didnt really carry the level of hype of any of those guys.. but was definitely above the last 4

Back
Top Bottom