Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i browse this thread furiously searching for dipset general's daily quote compilations

can't wait for his next set of bangerz
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

+

Lettuce be cereal... In 2013, Dwyane isn't a top 10 player. The question was "in 2013, who are the top 10 players in the NBA?" Dwyane was listed and that is in fact, false. Body of work was not the question. James Harden RIGHT NOW is a better ball player than Dwyane. How many countless nights have we been asking ourselves "What the funk is Dwyane doing out there?!
sick.gif
" Wade stays turning over the rock. Ever since LeBreezy came to town, along wit' Bosh... Dwyane has had a real tough time adjusting. Top 11-15 player? Of course. But, to sit here as a true Dwyane Wade fan, son had fallen off HEAVY. You have to game plan on how to stop Harden, if your the opposing coaching staff.

You can sag off Dwyane Wade now in 2013 and dare him to shoot perimeter shots. Damn injuries are killing Dwyane and his brand.

I call him "D-Wizzy" by the way.
glasses.gif
Not your best. Dont ruin a good thing man, Lebreezy and K Diggy are 10/10s, we can just ride with those. They will be around for years to come, you have time to make them stick.

Why isn't he?

He's been a part time player for the better part of the past couple years, and his production is down. Yeah, I know Wade lovers will point towards his FG% and say "He shot the best of his career!", that's true, although he did it on less shots per game since his rookie year. Wade is a liability on the floor without his knee being injected or what they call being "taped".

He's been a part time player for the better part of the past couple years, and his production is down. Yeah, I know Wade lovers will point towards his FG% and say "He shot the best of his career!", that's true, although he did it on less shots per game since his rookie year. Wade is a liability on the floor without his knee being injected or what they call being "taped".
So 26 points person(43 percent shun) taking  more shots than somebody who scores 22 points per game shooting over 50 percent makes sense?

Come on man. And Wade is a TWO way player. He is GREAT OFFENSIVELY AND DEFENSIVELY. Harden ain't there yet. Harden took way more shots to get 26 per game and shot a lower field goal. Wade is still Elite. You guys get blinded by the writers and the youtube videos, but go read the stats. Learn the math

Last edited:
***** looks exactly like my grandpa RIP

Always rooted for him off the strength

Ed Reed always looks like someone's grandpa, uncle, or dude you know who hangs on the corner that has a newport behind his ear. :lol:

Miami never had all-star weekend since 1990...I thought it woulda been there soon as LeBron went there...chi town 88; I wouldn't be mad if it went to one of them soon or Detroit...Da N.O. got it this season tho :pimp:

So 26 points person(43 percent shun) taking  more shots than somebody who scores 22 points per game shooting over 50 percent makes sense?

Come on man. And Wade is a TWO way player. He is GREAT OFFENSIVELY AND DEFENSIVELY. Harden ain't there yet. Harden took way more shots to get 26 per game and shot a lower field goal. Wade is still Elite. You guys get blinded by the writers and the youtube videos, but go read the stats. Learn the math
Maybe alot of that has to do with all the wide open shots get gets with the best player in the NBA on the floor, and Bosh being a top scorer himself.

Wade literally never has to face any sort of help defense or weakside pressure. 

Maybe alot of that has to do with all the wide open shots get gets with the best player in the NBA on the floor, and Bosh being a top scorer himself.

Wow.......

no pun intended

This "what have you done for me now prisoner of the moment" era that we're in is so annoying. One great season doesn't qualify you to be considered Top 10 in the league. Does Harden have potential to crack the top 10, yes. But what happens if he comes out this season and puts up a dud. He'll get the same treatment Deron Williams got.

On a team with Lebron and a billion shooters, no one is worried about Wade. His high FG% is more due to all the open shots he gets and the fact that he doesn't have to force anything up because he has Lebron. He had a good season but to say he's better than Harden is crazy.

Wow.......

no pun intended
Who is helping off of Lebron (who is usually doubled) or Bosh?

So 2 defenders commited to Bron, atleast 1 to Bosh, 1 to Chalmers/Cole 1 to Haslem, who can help on either Bron or Bosh, or contest at the rim, and 1 to Wade.

When I said literally I was being facetious, but most of the time, dude doesnt have to deal with help defenses, because nobody is helping off of James, Chalmers or Bosh

Dude looked horrendous for a big part of the past season. How many times last season did Wade jog his way back on defense? How many times was Wade late to close out on shooters? Great defensively? Please dude, Wade will not be putting on defense clinics on how to check somebody.

They should just do the nicknames for the allstar games. Those are the only guys that deserve nicknames anyways.

damn...OG Dr. J on the back of a philly joint...money.

what would mj's say? air jordan? MJ? Money? Black Cat? Best dressed?

this year Harden>Wade.. Hell, I said last year Harden will be the best SG in the L this year, and I stand by that. In order for Harden to be a top 5 player, he has to play defense.. He gambles too much on d, and it just seems like he doesnt try or care..

If I were the Rockets I would take Wade and if I were the Heat I would take Wade.  Because Wade is so good without the ball he knows how to get open. And when you are playing with another great player you have to do that. I think Harden can only be effective with the ball in his hand.

I liked what Durant said and I liked Wades response other than that corny *** line at the end. Then KD comes back and says "show me don't tweet me" :lol:

I love it. Some healthy trash talk.

James is definitely better than Wade right now. It's not even a question.

this year Harden>Wade.. Hell, I said last year Harden will be the best SG in the L this year, and I stand by that. In order for Harden to be a top 5 player, he has to play defense.. He gambles too much on d, and it just seems like he doesnt try or care..

That's the only thing that is holding him back because he's already a more skilled offensive player than Wade. There is literally not one thing Wade does better than Harden on offense besides post up. Dude has been in the league so long and still doesn't have a consistent jumper. Yea he shot over 50% but that's more a product of playing on the team he's on, most of his shots being in or around the paint and never having to deal with double teams. Dude said Wade could lock Harden down, yea I'm sure 09 Wade could but lets live in the present tense gentlemen.

Last edited:
sag off of wade and dare him to shoot? out of all the guards TP has the better FG%, and wade has the best FG% out of all the SG.. and thats the wade that wasnt even fully healthy...
harden averages 4 more points a game and he is the main option..
FG%..... to decide whether or not someone is a good jumpshooter.....

I've read the stats and learned the math, man. Wade actually took slightly more FGAs per 36 than Harden did. He shot 52% yes, taking 1 three a game. It's still very good under any circumstances but Harden took 6 threes a game and hit 37% of them. More importantly though Harden got to the line 10 times a game (and knocked down 85% of his FTs) compared to only 6 a game for Wade (72%). Once you take all this into account Harden actually comes out with the higher TS%.

Harden does need to improve defensively, I'll give you that.

Last edited:

Who is helping off of Lebron (who is usually doubled) or Bosh?

So 2 defenders commited to Bron, atleast 1 to Bosh, 1 to Chalmers/Cole 1 to Haslem, who can help on either Bron or Bosh, or contest at the rim, and 1 to Wade.

When I said literally I was being facetious, but most of the time, dude doesnt have to deal with help defenses, because nobody is helping off of James, Chalmers or Bosh
They keep the floor spread. That is why bosh's offenseive numbers have been lacking because he is put 15-22 ft away for driving lanes for bron. People are helping off of haslem that is why he always has that 15ft baseline J open and they are helping off of bosh that is why he is shooting so many long 2's. Lebron Drive leads to basket cuts by D wade or vice versa. That team is also the best passing team in the L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom